The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, wiganermike said:

Consultation with the 25 clubs to assess their preferences. A majority supported a short form tournament with crowds if resumed leagues with crowds weren't possible. The RFL are simply following the wishes of most clubs. Had they got a bigger prize pot clubs may have been more keen on it. If Rimmer has to go he would have to take a lot of club boards with him as their advice led to this proposal.

Then they will have the 16 club comp they were hoping for - let's see because we still don't know how many wanted to restart

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, POR said:

Newcastle Thunder today confirmed that they will not be participating in the proposed RFL 125th Year Celebration Tournament in October and November this year.The club have also confirmed that it will be withdrawing from the Coral Challenge Cup.

Ta have only seen the CC withdrawal mentioned on the limited stuff I've seen today (bloomin' work!) 

29 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

So paying their own way to away games like they do for everyone else? You do realise how utterly little village that sounds...

Classic "tHeY bRiNg No aWaY fAnS" btw. That debate has been done to death and is fundamentally flawed as you should well know by now. See this article for all the stats you need.

Doing well on the Toronto bingo though!

As an extension to that article, Leeds got more against Toronto than they did against Hull KR this season. Must have been a problem getting from East Hull...

Entirely up to you and others Tommy, what do you expect it would cost a club and all its required personnel to go for the trip over there.

And as for the Leeds game, two bottom table dwellers you quote - how convienient - how much do you consider the curiosity of SBW played in the attendance (which I believe was below Leeds average) and now that curiosity is settled will they return?

Again the piece is about the first 3 years, and Matt Shaw is definitely in your camp, even Salford got a below average attendance this year, Leigh took about 1500 to Salford now who do you think the money counter at the AJ Bell would prefer to visit. Leigh took about that amount to most of it's away games in 2017.

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Entirely up to you and others Tommy, what do you expect it would cost a club and all its required personnel to go for the trip over there.

And as for the Leeds game, two bottom table dwellers you quote - how convienient - how much do consider the curiosity of SBW played in the attendance (which I believe was below Leeds average) and now that curiosity is settled will they return?

Again the piece is about the first 3 years, and Matt Shaw is definitely in you camp, even Salford got a below average attendance this year, Leigh took about 1500 to Salford now who do you think the money counter at the AJ Bell would prefer to visit. Leigh took about that amount to most of it's away games in 2017.

Do Salford have a problem with it (which I suspect they actually don't considering the outlook of the club management)? If you need 1500 away fans as part of your business model your model is one of your new favourite words, vulnerable.

KR are well known for travelling in numbers and were on a friday and not on Sky iirc, Toronto by contrast was on the notoriously less well attended Thursday night and on sky for good measure too.

Also, can I have "curiosity" for the "once the novelty factor wears off" box on the Toronto bingo card?

Just now, Hela Wigmen said:

Two small time drunks rambling. The last thing this situation needs. 

Small time, please share how you have amassed your fortune Hela, and I should think that with the monetary contribution they have put into the sport they are allowed even moreso to do exactly what everyone who contributes to this site does, and that is have an opinion.

19 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Pathetic pair of morons making a mockery of the sport. We're better of without moneyed up children like those 2 

2 hours ago, wiganermike said:

So you would prefer multiple clubs to enter the competition and fold as a result due to being unable to cover their costs simply to save face and not appear disrespectful to the RFL? In what world would that be a better outcome?

If the wiser course is for all 25 to decline and increase their chances of riding out the financial impact of this pandemic then that is what should happen. It would be much better PR to say in 12/18 months time or whenever this ends that we as a sport have ridden through to the other side with all of those clubs there at the start still with us at the end.

No I would prefer a decision being made after completing a huge amount of due diligence , not making a decision on the back of a fag packet without any business or common sense being used. Anyone with an ounce of either would know that  league 1 or championship clubs couldnt possibly take this serious. Exactly the same in the challenge cup , put draw dates out before actually knowing who is able to compete!!  You couldn't make it up😳

20 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Small time, please share how you have amassed your fortune Hela, and I should think that with the monetary contribution they have put into the sport they are allowed even moreso to do exactly what everyone who contributes to this site does, and that is have an opinion.

I could be wrong but I don't think Hela will be aspiring to be running a club at the top level of a professional sport. No one is going to criticise him for having an opinion but the way he's putting it across on Twitter is frankly pathetic and most definitely small time. Would have taken all of an hour to pull together a professional sounding press release representing the views of the club, but he's gone full Donald Trump with the drunken rambling approach.

26 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

' small time ' ? 😂 , I'd suggest they get drunk on much more expensive wine than you or I do 😉

26 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes, small time. Small time in the sense that these are two full grown men that revel in getting ‘drunk’ and making, often, ridiculous statements on Twitter to a small clammer or ‘clapping seals’ on social media. Their credibility is shot to pieces by doing stuff like that. By all means have an opinion, both do, but give your opinion in a professional and intellectual way, not claiming to have had a couple of glasses of wine on a Sunday and “letting loose”. I’m sure between the two of them, they’ve had good ideas but often, they make the headlines for these sort of comments and these tend to stick in the memory longer than the good bits.

So if I was to say that I wasn’t overly enamoured by Kristian Woolf (of which, I haven’t been, but that’s a different subject for a different time) to date, I can’t have an opinion as I’m not an International coach? I take it if that’s your school of thought, you’ve never had any emotion, either good or bad, around Leigh RL, then, and certainly never commented on a player or coaches performance? I’m not one to blow my own trumpet anyway, so I will respectfully choose not to answer your question. 

2 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Yes, small time. Small time in the sense that these are two full grown men that revel in getting ‘drunk’ and making, often, ridiculous statements on Twitter. Their credibility is shot to pieces by doing stuff like that. By all means have an opinion, both do, but give your opinion in a professional and intellectual way, not claiming to have had a couple of glasses of wine on a Sunday and “letting loose”. I’m sure between the two of them, they’ve had good ideas but often, they make the headlines for these sort of comments and these tend to stick in the memory longer than the good bits.

So if I was to say that I wasn’t overly enamoured by Kristian Woolf (of which, I haven’t been, but that’s a different subject for a different time) to date, I can’t have an opinion as I’m not an International coach? I take it if that’s your school of thought, you’ve never had any emotion, either good or bad, around Leigh RL, then, and certainly never commented on a player or coaches performance? I’m not one to blow my own trumpet anyway, so I will respectfully choose not to answer your question. 

Who's Kristian Woolf ?

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Pathetic pair of morons making a mockery of the sport. We're better of without moneyed up children like those 2 

I could have forecast you would make a show, you are so predictable.

No we wouldn't be better off, every £ is accountable just ask the people they paid.

Archived