The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Moove said:

I could be wrong but I don't think Hela will be aspiring to be running a club at the top level of a professional sport. No one is going to criticise him for having an opinion but the way he's putting it across on Twitter is frankly pathetic and most definitely small time. Would have taken all of an hour to pull together a professional sounding press release representing the views of the club, but he's gone full Donald Trump with the drunken rambling approach.

Who has?

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I could have forecast you would make a show, you are so predictable.

No we wouldn't be better off, every £ is accountable just ask the people they paid.

And I knew you would be the one embarrassing himself with the moronic "how much money have you got" comment. 

3 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Quick one guys where is the ref to KOUCASH as I cannot find it.

What is he trying to do buy the Wolfpack?

Paul

@Tommygilf posted screenshots an hour or so ago.

Beaumont got onto Twitter and started needling Wolfpack and fake-offering them Leigh players at no cost. He then directed a tweet at Koukash and brought him into the game. Said he hoped Koukash wasn't giving any money to Wolfpack. Koukash said, no, he wasn't doing anything like that while obviously enjoying the "banter".

Basically it was a bit of nasty, unprofessional nonsense from Beaumont who brought Koukash in as his straight man.

2 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Comedic genius. Take it you’ve nothing to add then. 

Hela, you have most probably read enough of Gubby's comments to know he was a director of a professional RL club and has spent a lifetime around the game and still does, why would he not know who is Mr Kristian Woolf, is that enough to add.

If he honestly doesn't know, then I take it back, I can feel you are very upset. 

6 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes agree johnny 

but the way it was interpreted by Choo and posted:- I quote

That is somewhat reassuring.  Ralf Rimmer has seen, first hand, the success of the team, the game day experience, and the growth and excitement in a massive, new, untapped market.

He was able to see the 10000+ fans, he's heard the roar of the crowd, he knows they're not just cardboard cut-outs, and he's been on hand to see the Mayor, City Councillors, news cameras, massive lines for merchandise and food/drink etc.

Fingers crossed that his seemingly extremely positive personal experience will rub off on others who share a seat at the decision making table.

Now that does sound to me like Choo is considering Mr Rimmer to be fighting in Toronto's corner would you not agree. 

I do agree that this is an unverified interpretation Harry, nothing more. It does not demonstrate that RR is fighting anyone's corner, just reinforces whatever the prejudice of the individual poster might be.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

11 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hela, you have most probably read enough of Gubby's comments to know he was a director of a professional RL club and has spent a lifetime around the game and still does, why would he not know who is Mr Kristian Woolf, is that enough to add.

If he honestly doesn't know, then I take it back, I can feel you are very upset. 

I’m amazed anyone has let him run a bath let alone be close to a sporting organisation. It really wouldn’t shock me if his “tenure” coincided with financially dire years for Leigh. 

5 hours ago, snoopdog said:

No I would prefer a decision being made after completing a huge amount of due diligence , not making a decision on the back of a fag packet without any business or common sense being used. Anyone with an ounce of either would know that  league 1 or championship clubs couldnt possibly take this serious. Exactly the same in the challenge cup , put draw dates out before actually knowing who is able to compete!!  You couldn't make it up😳

Fair enough. What timescale would you place on such due diligence, given the present circumstances? How soon would you expect the considered outcomes to be put into place? And would this include all aspects of duty of care towards the participants?

Finally,  when would you consider it reasonable and acceptable for the leaguex to resume?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, Loup said:

Evidently.

Money doesn't equal intelligence.

Donald Trump - just saying.

30 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Money doesn't equal intelligence.

Donald Trump - just saying.

So a man posting leftwing bandwagon thoughts on a RL forum at 11 PM at night on a Tuesday slates a billionaire who runs the ruchest, most powerful country on earth........ hoo dear.....

10 hours ago, Kayakman said:

OK HARRY THATS IT!

SO HERE IS MY PROPOSITION.

The long range wind forecast has presented a window to me and I'm going out into the Bush solo for for about 9 days (no cell contact) on a paddle about.   I won't know anything that happened until I get back.....I want your prediction on,

1.  The entire Toronto situation at that time-if a SL Announcement what will it state?  In or out?  Why?-your prediction must encompass the whole shebang.

2.  What of the League1/Championship-tournament on or off-  Who is in or out?  RFL Announcement ?   What will it say, etc.?  Other surprise announcements?

3.  Beaumont: -developments.

I'll read it when I get back and provide further comment then.

THATS IT HARRY!!!!!!!  I'M CALLING YOU OUT!!!!! 

Now remember I'm around to about Wednesday so think it over.  Lets see what ya got.

OK Harry I'm heading off into the wilds now...I'll check in, in about 9 days, to see what your predictions are and if they are correct and you are the predictor you think you are.....post them on here tonight so everyone can see and we will see if you are correct or just a blowing hot air...don't chicken out on me!

See you soon and I'll have a shot of rum at camp tomorrow night, on some small rock outcrop below a cliff, thinking about it.

Hang in there Oldtimer.

Pitter patter time to get at 'er!

9 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Well I have been to both POR and Wheldon Road in recent times and wondered why you deemed it to be lets say less than complimentary about Fev's ground.

Because I am from Cas and it is traditional between Cas and Fev supporters of whom I have many old friends and work colleagues that follow Fev - including a couple on here - to have banter between us.

I could have said that Fev only got one point for the stadium because it is close to a chippy ... that is also banter.

8 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Seriously Harry , didn't know , then again it's not like RL has been all over the TV recently 

8 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I’m amazed anyone has let him run a bath let alone be close to a sporting organisation. It really wouldn’t shock me if his “tenure” coincided with financially dire years for Leigh. 

What has been your involvement with pro RL Hela ? 

13 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

So if I was to say that I wasn’t overly enamoured by Kristian Woolf (of which, I haven’t been, but that’s a different subject for a different time) to date, I can’t have an opinion as I’m not an International coach? I take it if that’s your school of thought, you’ve never had any emotion, either good or bad, around Leigh RL, then, and certainly never commented on a player or coaches performance? I’m not one to blow my own trumpet anyway, so I will respectfully choose not to answer your question

I wasn't going to broach this again, but I honestly don't understand what this paragraph means, I was saying everyone should be allowed to have an opinion, read my comments back.

And if you have prospered, well done and I mean that in the best possible way.

56 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Seriously Harry , didn't know , then again it's not like RL has been all over the TV recently 

Must say I am surprised, considering he was the coach of Tonga at the last WC and still is, before he came to Saints he was going to be relieved of his coaching duties of the National team and the Tongan player's rallied round him and threatened not to play for the country unless he was reinstated, but if you don't know that then you don't  know.

Hela, if you are reading this please accept my humblest apologies.

9 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Fair enough. What timescale would you place on such due diligence, given the present circumstances? How soon would you expect the considered outcomes to be put into place? And would this include all aspects of duty of care towards the participants?

Finally,  when would you consider it reasonable and acceptable for the leaguex to resume?

Surely it was obvious that if clubs couldnt resume their league competition, they were never going to enter a comp that the vast majority had no chance of winning , and didn't have any financial benefits unless you won.

Per usual rash decisions were made to try and smooth over the issues of no promotion etc. 

I'm comfortable for the season to restart when it's both financially and safe to do so, but throwing a meaningless competition together without gurantees that teams will or could enter is the height of folly.

This thread isn't even about Toronto anymore, the last few pages are just pathetic, quite honestly.

I'm locking it now because I don't have time to moderate it properly.

Do not start any new Toronto threads in the meantime or they will just be deleted so you'd be wasting your energy typing them out.

I'm surprised more NRL clubs, especially those like the Warriors who have been under pressure in terms of their squad availability, haven't looked to SL for some short term fixes.

Maybe TW players are more attractive due to their availability for the rest of the season, and obviously the ones who have NRL experience.

Though cant really seeing anyone other than Leutele getting a run.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Archived