The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

From what I read in Canadian Press, most TWP players are waiting to see what happens but are confident that they will be paid and are willing to continue playing for TWP next year.

Leutele is definitely one of these. TWP has paid him a lot of money over the past couple of years and he is not willing to forgo future earnings from them on a short-term deal with another organization. 

Despite their recent troubles a lot of TWP's players remain stubbornly loyal to the team.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 31/07/2020 at 18:04, EastLondonMike said:

I'm surprised more NRL clubs, especially those like the Warriors who have been under pressure in terms of their squad availability, haven't looked to SL for some short term fixes.

Maybe TW players are more attractive due to their availability for the rest of the season, and obviously the ones who have NRL experience.

Though cant really seeing anyone other than Leutele getting a run.

Outside of the Warriors needs, most clubs will have their full allowance of individual players in a squad. Roosters need to release a player to fit in SBW.  Not to mention most clubs will be paying almost to the capacity of their cap already.

On 31/07/2020 at 11:10, Lowdesert said:

Leutele will go.  An odd one to SL and the rest to the Champs and L1.

If there is something to play for in the Championship other than a waste of time and effort tournament then yes I would agree, but they aint so no point in signing more player's, if SL clubs were trying to avoid relegation then maybe, they would take  tge odd one or two,  and even the TWP players who have lost everygame this season would have no point playing for a L1 club other than to keep on the rightside of fitness. So apart from some going 'home' downunder, the conditions will not make clubs deperate to improve their playing roster.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

If there is something to play for in the Championship other than a waste of time and effort tournament then yes I would agree, but they aint so no point in signing more player's, if SL clubs were trying to avoid relegation then maybe, they would take  tge odd one or two,  and even the TWP players who have lost everygame this season would have no point playing for a L1 club other than to keep on the rightside of fitness. So apart from some going 'home' downunder, the conditions will not make clubs deperate to improve their playing roster.

Crikey Harry, how many threads do you intend playing this violin on?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

47 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Crikey Harry, how many threads do you intend playing this violin on?

As many as it takes johnny, but I have not mentioned sidelined TWP player's and going to other clubs previously have I.

Edit, yes I did say in passing if the Championship was still playing for promotion there would be more chance of TWP player's joining other clubs.

12 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

If it's a waste of time and effort tournament then why haven't Leigh pulled out of it yet?

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-blocked-ricky-leuteles-storm-move-as-sbw-welcomed-back-with-open-arms/news-story/3e584137ab27a6fe24deb75ab1897ca8

Leuteles move being blocked by NRL according to the above article. 

“The way he’s been treated is a bloody disgrace,” says his agent Sam Ayoub, “They’ve got three kids under the age of six. They’re getting out of the house. No car. No wages since May.

“The club is supposed to pay for his airfares to get home. It’s not happening. Ricky is up for the costs himself. And now we’ve got the NRL trying to stop him from playing.”

Your columnist spoke to Leutele in the north of England over the weekend.

“I just want to come home,” he said, “We’re packing the house up now.

37 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-blocked-ricky-leuteles-storm-move-as-sbw-welcomed-back-with-open-arms/news-story/3e584137ab27a6fe24deb75ab1897ca8

Leuteles move being blocked by NRL according to the above article. 

“The way he’s been treated is a bloody disgrace,” says his agent Sam Ayoub, “They’ve got three kids under the age of six. They’re getting out of the house. No car. No wages since May.

“The club is supposed to pay for his airfares to get home. It’s not happening. Ricky is up for the costs himself. And now we’ve got the NRL trying to stop him from playing.”

Your columnist spoke to Leutele in the north of England over the weekend.

“I just want to come home,” he said, “We’re packing the house up now.

Ricky has been on good money for years and can afford to pay rent and buy his own car. On that account, put your violins away. Of course the club should pay him what he's owed, but Ricky and his three kids under six aren't living on bread and dripping.

He's leaving because his visa has expired and he has only a short extension. He's also leaving because he's likely to get a spot with the Storm.

Got to feel for the players. Its crapola for the brit based players, but bug ger me, Leutele has hacked his young family across the world to find himself up sh it creek.

This is a sorry state of affairs. At therisk of incurring JD's moderation, I really hope Toronto aren't allowed back unless there is a change of owner and proof of meeting contracts payments is provided. 

Player welfare should be at the top of the list of priorities 

Archived