The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Loire valley fleur de lils..... a must franchise.....

I'd buy a season ticketπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

I'll buy your Season Ticket πŸ˜‚ , in fact most of the Fev fan base would contribute I've been told πŸ˜‰

3 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

I don’t think the arrangement will keep Fev out, but I think Leeds will.

Who's to say what would happen?Β  Had we won in Toronto last year, Ashton Goulding might be playing forΒ Fev instead of Huddersfield.Β  We perhaps wouldn't need to be Hetherington's rubbing rags.

β€œFew thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

10 hours ago, Trojan said:

Who's to say what would happen?Β  Had we won in Toronto last year, Ashton Goulding might be playing forΒ Fev instead of Huddersfield.Β  We perhaps wouldn't need to be Hetherington's rubbing rags.

You don't need to be though, that isΒ the choice of your management, Leigh are still in a DR arrangement with Saints will they use it I would prefer them not to but we don't know, I do think that DR is abhorrent and belittles the competition clubs should stand on their own feet and in doing so if they proove not to be good enough so be it.

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

You don't need to be though, that isΒ the choice of your management, Leigh are still in a DR arrangement with Saints will they use it I would prefer them not to but we don't know, I do think that DR is abhorrent and belittles the competition clubs should stand on their own feet and in doing so if they proove not to be good enough so be it.

Yes.

26 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I agree, it's a short term money saving fixΒ for both the SL and Championship clubs which in the long term isΒ bad for both.

Classic example of poor strategic thinking in the sport.

38 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

I agree, it's a short term money saving fixΒ for both the SL and Championship clubs which in the long term isΒ bad for both.

Classic example of poor strategic thinking in the sport.

To be fair it really suited Saints last term Leigh gave gameΒ time to about 6 player's who all went on to perform well for Saints as the season progressed, but as a Leigh fan I couldn'tΒ get exited about them they simply were not our player's "here today gone tomorrow"Β 

Β 

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

To be fair it really suited Saints last term Leigh gave gameΒ time to about 6 player's who all went on to perform well for Saints as the season progressed, but as a Leigh fan I couldn'tΒ get exited about them they simply were not our player's "here today gone tomorrow"Β 

Β 

For me it's thatΒ DR players can be taken away any time and completely wreck a Championship team's season. If Leeds had done that last year Fev wouldnt have got close to the MPG. Juniors at ChampionshipΒ clubs are pushed out and dragged back in randomly to accommodate them, that has to be disheartening. For the SL clubs DR players are in and out of their own development system, which is not idealΒ for the younger lads who should be learning and honing skills aroundΒ how the club plays. No problem with a loan system however on an individual player basis and for fixed periods of time.

2 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Rumour isΒ Newcastle looked at the books and ran away.

So now it seems it’s death or Ricky Wilby. Cue violins.

Β Β 

That's probably a good thing for Toronto's futureΒ if Newcastle's bid was purely to move them to Gosforth.

Of course no indication if Wilby's backers want them in NY or Toronto.

14 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

For me it's thatΒ DR players can be taken away any time and completely wreck a Championship team's season. If Leeds had done that last year Fev wouldnt have got close to the MPG. Juniors at ChampionshipΒ clubs are pushed out and dragged back in randomly to accommodate them, that has to be disheartening. For the SL clubs DR players are in and out of their own development system, which is not idealΒ for the younger lads who should be learning and honing skills aroundΒ how the club plays. No problem with a loan system however on an individual player basis and for fixed periods of time.

Yes imagine you are player who has trained all week and the coach comes along and says "I'm standing you down this week, we have got a DR lad who will take your place" my reaction would be, Transfer please boss and stick your club up your ariss.

22 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

That's probably a good thing for Toronto's futureΒ if Newcastle's bid was purely to move them to Gosforth.

I just can’t take the Wilby consortium seriously and I doubt Super League does either.

Looks grim for Toronto. Seems highly likely they willΒ go into the Canadian formΒ of administration,Β and that will beΒ that.

18 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

I just can’t take the Wilby consortium seriously and I doubt Super League does either.

Looks grim for Toronto. Seems highly likely they willΒ go into the Canadian formΒ of administration,Β and that will beΒ that.

Looking like it....

Β 

27 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

No point going into Administration if you're just being liquidated. The processΒ is designed to protect the business from creditors, make deals with those creditors if possibleΒ and subsequently move it on into new ownership as a functional entity.

1 hour ago, Whippet13 said:

Apparently they'll keep them in Toronto. Steve Mascord spoke with the man himself on his latest podcast:-

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=713411

I'm still not convinced, but what do I know....

3 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Rumour isΒ Newcastle looked at the books and ran away.

So now it seems it’s death or Ricky Wilby. Cue violins.

Β Β 

Newcastle never had the cash to begin with.

16 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

If SL entertain Toronto in any form they want their heads testing.

It's a lame duck, a money pit of a vanity project.

Kayakman advised "fearing the pack"!

I do feel for those who took to the game, vanity project or not. Its fans like me n thee that will feel it.

6 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Kayakman advised "fearing the pack"!

I do feel for those who took to the game, vanity project or not. Its fans like me n thee that will feel it.

Absolutely - I would have loved to have watched a game there and it was great to see the enthusiasm that some of the locals seemed to have.

But it was built on sand and doomed to failure.Β  If it is bought againΒ it will be a matter of time before financial reality sees us back in this place, and it will be far more difficult next time around to fool players that they are making a sound finacnial decision in joining that club.

1 hour ago, CanadianRugger said:

Newcastle never had the cash to begin with.

Semore Kurdi is a very wealthy man with businesses that generate actual cash on a daily basis and not just β€œon paper”. Cash flow is not an issue in his businesses. He has put Β£23m into Newcastle Falcons.Β To say they don’t have the cash is quite frankly ridiculous.Β 

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

2 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

what a little ray of sunshine you are!..let's see what Sky want, at the end of the day that's who SL have to take seriously isn't it?

2 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

what a little ray of sunshine you are!..let's see what Sky want, at the end of the day that's who SL have to take seriously isn't it?

MoK may be a joyous soul.... he certainly appears to irritate the living crapola out of those who have thrown their soul into supporting this project.... which is no bad thing....

However, he's been fairly accurate(ish) on most aspects of this pantomime.

Β 

10 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

Absolutely - I would have loved to have watched a game there and it was great to see the enthusiasm that some of the locals seemed to have.

mate.... it was a cracking few days. I loved it. But I've never had anything other than a brilliant time everytime I've been to that country.

The match experience was second to none. They got that right..... as long as the sun was shining it was a nice little stadium

Archived