The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

17 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Bob Hunter confirmed that the RFL sorted the visa issues out. 

Are you suggesting that players are not having issues with wages? Despite Hunter saying that he doesn't know where the money will come from to pay players and the many tweets from players saying they have gone three months without wages?

Absolutely delusional. 

Where did I say that? Kindly stop putting words in my mouth.

What I would suggest is that SOME of these players weren't exactly careful with their money if after missing 3 paycheque they're left destitute. Especially given that many here have for years accused TWP players of being overpaid.

Just pointing out there's two sides to every story.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

What I would suggest is that SOME of these players weren't exactly careful with their money if after missing 3 paycheque they're left destitute. Especially given that many here have for years accused TWP players of being overpaid.

The players could have spent every last penny on hookers and gin, they are still owed their salary.

There aren’t two sides. There are pathetic excuses on behalf of people who apparently do have money but don’t want to pay owed wages with it.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

12 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

How they spend their money is irrelevant and no business of yours.

They are due their wages. The fact that argyle or twp haven't paid them for three months will have had an critical impact on their finances. Its morally repugnant to keep making the link to how others have viewed their salaries. You really do take the biscuit

32 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

You said maybe there is nothing there. There is no ambiguity around that. 

Now suggesting you meant they may have just spent their own money doesn't even make sense. 

12 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

I don't think you need to worry guys. Indications are that new owners will takeover the Wolfpack and they will be back playing SL next year

Hmmmm... indications, eh?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

That's the thing, we have worried since day 1, about been let down (again) about TWP fans been let down, about players been ripped off, about the sport been embarrassed. Worried about all these things because of doubt. Many acused us of Jelousy and small mindedness, xenophobia even lol. Misunderstood. For sure. Without doubt. 

2 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

How they spend their money is irrelevant and no business of yours.

They are due their wages. The fact that argyle or twp haven't paid them for three months will have had an critical impact on their finances. Its morally repugnant to keep making the link to how others have viewed their salaries. You really do take the biscuit

Any player that went to Toronto  would have known there was a risk of the whole thing collapsing, that’s not to say I agree with what’s happened. 

20 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

That's the thing, we have worried since day 1, about been let down (again) about TWP fans been let down, about players been ripped off, about the sport been embarrassed. Worried about all these things because of doubt. Many acused us of Jelousy and small mindedness, xenophobia even lol. Misunderstood. For sure. Without doubt. 

I don't think we should worry about things like embarrassment. I'm happier to try and fail than not try at all. 

Of course I'd rather we are smart about which things we try and how, but even so, we should keep trying. 

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

I don't think we should worry about things like embarrassment. I'm happier to try and fail than not try at all. 

Of course I'd rather we are smart about which things we try and how, but even so, we should keep trying. 

Some people would rather we fail than try just to prove they thought it was a terrible idea in the first place. They'd rather things not succeed if they thought it wouldn't work.

It's really sad.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

For the fourth time I never said the players are not due their legally-contracted wages. THEY! ARE! OWED! MONEY! AND! HAVE! TO! BE! PAID!!

Is that clear enough to you guys?

All I suggested is that SOME of TWP's players should have been a bit more careful with their money. Ever hear of the phrase 'save something for a rainy day?' Or 'don't live beyond your means?' Don't they have agents? Isn't part of the agent's job is to look after their client's money?

Honestly, if my presence didn't rile you gentlemen up so much I'd leave... but it's too much fun.

Oh, and lest I forget - the TWP PLAYERS MUST BE PAID ALL THE MONEY THAT IS CONTRACTURALLY OWED TO THEM!!!

57 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

For the fourth time I never said the players are not due their legally-contracted wages. THEY! ARE! OWED! MONEY! AND! HAVE! TO! BE! PAID!!

All I suggested is that SOME of TWP's players should have been a bit more careful with their money. Ever hear of the phrase 'save something for a rainy day?' Or 'don't live beyond your means?' Don't they have agents? Isn't part of the agent's job is to look after their client's money?

Honestly, if my presence didn't rile you gentlemen up so much I'd leave... but it's too much fun.

Oh, and lest I forget - the TWP PLAYERS MUST BE PAID ALL THE MONEY THAT IS CONTRACTURALLY OWED TO THEM!!!

You sound to be riled up yersen.chill dude.lifes far too short.its only a gameshow.

4 hours ago, TIWIT said:

Saving something for a day isn't quite the same as not being paid in 3 months, is it?

If I hadn't been paid in 3 months, I'd be completely screwed.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

9 hours ago, The Daddy said:

I don't think you need to worry guys. Indications are that new owners will takeover the Wolfpack and they will be back playing SL next year

Please tell us more ?

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

If Toronto does not reform it will be another group of fans that are lost to the sport . How many times has that happened since 1980 ? Fans who have embraced RL ,proud of their new clubs only to see it disappear.  .Very sad . I remember one Wembley occasion seeing Kent Invicta supporters coach drawing into the carpark they had their offiall banner on the coach all proud to be part of the RL community.  

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

8 hours ago, TIWIT said:

13 hours ago, TIWIT said:

Whatever. I would have thought the media would be all over this, looking for some juicy quotes.

But so far, nothing. Maybe Thompson is taking the high road and saying nothing.

Or maybe there's nothing there.

OK, so how can how there be 'nothing there'? 

Stating they haven't been paid for 3 months, but then suggesting there is nothing there is contradictory. 

16 hours ago, TIWIT said:

So Bodene Thompson's signed with Leeds. Nary a mention of any problems with TWP. In fact he thanked Brian McD for helping set the deal up.

I know from the evidence of last weekend Leeds are desperate, but I didn't think they were that desperate, he will not be any improvement on the player's they already have.

7 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I know from the evidence of last weekend Leeds are desperate, but I didn't think they were that desperate, he will not be any improvement on the player's they already have.

HARRY I JUST GOT BACK IN FROM MY TRIP IN THE BUSH.   WHAT WAS YOUR PREDICTION AND WAS IT CORRECT?

Time to come clean Harry!

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

HARRY I JUST GOT BACK IN FROM MY TRIP IN THE BUSH.   WHAT WAS YOUR PREDICTION AND WAS IT CORRECT?

Time to come clean Harry!

Things have got very nasty here K'man without your calming influence. 😞

The Aces making some nice signings..however if EP doesn't do what he should respecting the WP I, and I would, warrant a lot of the Lamport faithful won't be making the trek to Ottawa to watch the on-field results.

Archived