The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Morning cocker.... hope you are well....

So.... your outlook?

Bleak since I've been reading the threads,,,,,had a rough trip indeed and was washed in on  a cliff face for days on end with big waves pounding into my camp....Thank God for earplugs!  Now I have taken the earplugs out but where is Harry???????

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TIWIT said:

Things have got very nasty here K'man without your calming influence. 😞

I've noticed..."Now everybody just calm right down!"

Parky you out there?

4 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

He would not have lasted past the first day...it was a rough trip.

Did you catch anything worth a BBQ,? hope your well fella and try keep warm in that collectors item of a  TWP  shirt.:kolobok_preved:

2 hours ago, silverback said:

Did you catch anything worth a BBQ,? hope your well fella and try keep warm in that collectors item of a  TWP  shirt.:kolobok_preved:

Not a thing...didn't catch a thing although when I was way out there I noticed a few seagulls picking at something so I made my way over there and there was a large rainbow trout still alive floating on the surface...its bladder was full so it had been caught by a downrigger and brought up quickly and then shook the hook out.   I could have eaten him but I would have had to drag him for 35 kms until I reached camp so I thought better of it....as I left a bald eagle spotted it and swooped down and took it away....really nothing else except storms and waves...lots and lots of big waves.  Spent 5 days and nights just sitting in the tent whilst it rained and the waves crashed in...had no comms whatsoever so it was quiet time to think.....did a little rock climbing later on in the trip.

The TWP gear could be worth something some day (God knows I have enough of it)!

16 hours ago, Kayakman said:

HARRY I JUST GOT BACK IN FROM MY TRIP IN THE BUSH.   WHAT WAS YOUR PREDICTION AND WAS IT CORRECT?

Time to come clean Harry!

Hello Friend, good hunting?

No need to predict anything, the day you left TWP "put the cue on the rack" they took away any need for my soothsayer skills.

Was I correct? In all honesty I did not think it would pan out as it did, (still not officially done with) but I thought that the outcome would not be what you and your fellow loyal Toronto fans would want, I don't see anyway back, not even a new owner/consortium taking over.

Now I know that you have a soft spot for Leigh Centurions and they are effectively your second team perhaps you can get behind and cheer them on from afar👍

9 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Not a thing...didn't catch a thing although when I was way out there I noticed a few seagulls picking at something so I made my way over there and there was a large rainbow trout still alive floating on the surface...its bladder was full so it had been caught by a downrigger and brought up quickly and then shook the hook out.   I could have eaten him but I would have had to drag him for 35 kms until I reached camp so I thought better of it....as I left a bald eagle spotted it and swooped down and took it away....really nothing else except storms and waves...lots and lots of big waves.  Spent 5 days and nights just sitting in the tent whilst it rained and the waves crashed in...had no comms whatsoever so it was quiet time to think.....did a little rock climbing later on in the trip.

The TWP gear could be worth something some day (God knows I have enough of it)!

Didn't you have a knife on you ? 

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hello Friend, good hunting?

No need to predict anything, the day you left TWP "put the cue on the rack" they took away any need for my soothsayer skills.

Was I correct? In all honesty I did not think it would pan out as it did, (still not officially done with) but I thought that the outcome would not be what you and your fellow loyal Toronto fans would want, I don't see anyway back, not even a new owner/consortium taking over.

Now I know that you have a soft spot for Leigh Centurions and they are effectively your second team perhaps you can get behind and cheer them on from afar👍

Ya its too bad Harry how things have worked out but hopefully something good can out of it....it is what it is.

Now as for my second team...now that is something I pondered on my trip....still not decided.

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Didn't you have a knife on you ? 

Ya and I could have gutted it there but nowhere really to put it...I was on the move though  and didn't want to go to shore with the delay and all.....I ate dried food instead and kept to the timeline, I had a long way to go that day.  It was an option though.

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Ya its too bad Harry how things have worked out but hopefully something good can out of it....it is what it is.

Now as for my second team...now that is something I pondered on my trip....still not decided.

Pondering your second team on your trip. Subconsciously you expected what was to happen in your absence then?

March with the Legion K'man.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Pondering your second team on your trip. Subconsciously you expected what was to happen in your absence then?

March with the Legion K'man.

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Run with the Rovers owd lad.... tha noz it makes sense!!😄😄😄😄😄

What I need is a place that has a direct flight from Toronto (or a quick connect from London) then i just want to leave the airport and get a bus or taxi to a nice local hotel near the field to get to a game.   I don't need some type of logistical nightmare.....what about the Rhinos?....I did it before for them and it worked out pretty well...then I could probably get to a game at Hunslet too.....isn't Leigh and Fev near Manchester?

19 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Has to be London Kayakman and if you do come one day the VIP lunch is on me:)

Paul

Well that is very kind of you Paul!

Okay everybody Paul has offered a free lunch if I pick London...can anyone improve on that offer?

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

Okay everybody Paul has offered a free lunch if I pick London...can anyone improve on that offer?

I believe you,and other Toronto Wolfpack followers,denied an opportunity to see a home Super League fixture,must have many kindred spirits with those Keighley Cougars followers,who,in the 1990's,were denied promotion to Super League despite their on-field success,right at the commencement of Super League.

Breakfast,lunch,dinner and an overnighter would certainly improve on the offer of a lunch in London.You wouldn't even need the use of your knife...

( Welcome to the world of rugby league supporter(s) - Life ain't fair in an unfair world ) You have my sympathy.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

37 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

I believe you,and other Toronto Wolfpack followers,denied an opportunity to see a home Super League fixture,must have many kindred spirits with those Keighley Cougars followers,who,in the 1990's,were denied promotion to Super League despite their on-field success,right at the commencement of Super League.

Breakfast,lunch,dinner and an overnighter would certainly improve on the offer of a lunch in London.You wouldn't even need the use of your knife...

( Welcome to the world of rugby league supporter(s) - Life ain't fair in an unfair world ) You have my sympathy.

Why thanks Angelic that is very kind of you!

We are up to three meals and an overnighter....can anyone top that (I'm not even asking for a share of the central funding).

I think the only way back for the Wolfpack is to a) secure a strong ownership group ie one involved in sport and a cashflow to support the team b) start back in L1 c) agree to a homegrown ie NA player quota say 10% increasing to 15% by year 3 d) a fixed dual reg agreement with a L1 team if the team advances to CH e) secure a NA TV deal within a reasonable fixed timeframe f) must have central funding and SKY allocation

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

Why thanks Angelic that is very kind of you!

We are up to three meals and an overnighter....can anyone top that (I'm not even asking for a share of the central funding).

You do understand that adds up to £ 12.50 in Keighley 😉

4 hours ago, Kayakman said:

No problems Kayakman you have been a joy on this forum I hope things work out.

In fact if you fancy the rugby league World Cup final  I will invite you to my wifes table next November, PM me and I will email you the details if you would like to come.

Plenty of time to organise and hopefully the Covid 19 will be more under control by then:)

Paul

17 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

No problems Kayakman you have been a joy on this forum I hope things work out.

In fact if you fancy the rugby league World Cup final  I will invite you to my wifes table next November, PM me and I will email you the details if you would like to come.

Plenty of time to organise and hopefully the Covid 19 will be more under control by then:)

Paul

Thanks again good fella...I'll consider it!  Now can Leigh top that?  Where are you Harry Stottle!

28 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Thanks again good fella...I'll consider it!  Now can Leigh top that?  Where are you Harry Stottle!

I tell you what should be a fun day, I will invite Harry too as he seems like a very decent fella it will make a very interesting lunch:)

Harry PM me if you want.

Cheers 

Paul

Archived