The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

well I hope we are still in it in 2021 in any division as I want to get over for a couple of games..I'm planning to head in for the WC to support our Ravens. Wish that a forum knees up could take place would even buy a round for those I've sparred with. of course I'd like Kayakman with me to even the odds!!

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, RobertAM said:

well I hope we are still in it in 2021 in any division as I want to get over for a couple of games..I'm planning to head in for the WC to support our Ravens. Wish that a forum knees up could take place would even buy a round for those I've sparred with. of course I'd like Kayakman with me to even the odds!!

If I'm there I got your back...we will both wear our Wolfpack gear!

3 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I tell you what should be a fun day, I will invite Harry too as he seems like a very decent fella it will make a very interesting lunch:)

Harry PM me if you want.

Cheers 

Paul

If Harry is coming he has to bring one of his best bottles from the cellar...he has a few beauties don't cha know!

11 hours ago, Kayakman said:

When are those cheapskates from Leigh going to respond?  Time to up the ante.

You can stay with me and my good lady K'man, we have had more banter than most over the last 3 years havn't we? Beware those sneaky Yorkie bandwagon riders who are proposing to be your friend now it's a trap I tell you, and watch out for the 'Man from Atlantis' it never really existed anyway, just folklore.

Come to the Red Rose county for some real hospitality, and just to clinch it I could even get you an audience with the Principle Centurion D.J. Beaumont.

March with the Legion K'man, you know it makes sense.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

You can stay with me and my good lady K'man, we have had more banter than most over the last 3 years havn't we? Beware those sneaky Yorkie bandwagon riders who are proposing to be your friend now it's a trap I tell you, and watch out for the 'Man from Atlantis' it never really existed anyway, just folklore.

Come to the Red Rose county for some real hospitality, and just to clinch it I could even get you an audience with the Principle Centurion D.J. Beaumont.

Well I hope I exist seriously guys just PM me and look forward to meeting you 🙂

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

What a coincidence that your good lady is also called K’man 😄

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Why Thanks Harry!  I will have to mull it over!  What is the name of your cohort in the legion Harry?

3 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

You have to start eating better SL.

Just for sake of clarification corned dog is a colloquial name for corned beef. Lobby is a type of stew that I believe dates from the Viking era, a virtually identical stew is eaten in Liverpool where they call it Scouse, hence the people of that city being called Scousers.

14 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

No problems Kayakman you have been a joy on this forum I hope things work out.

In fact if you fancy the rugby league World Cup final  I will invite you to my wifes table next November, PM me and I will email you the details if you would like to come.

Plenty of time to organise and hopefully the Covid 19 will be more under control by then:)

Paul

now that's definitely ''upped the ante''. Invited to the wife's table indeed. I've never heard it called that before. 

19 hours ago, Kayakman said:

What I need is a place that has a direct flight from Toronto (or a quick connect from London) then i just want to leave the airport and get a bus or taxi to a nice local hotel near the field to get to a game.   I don't need some type of logistical nightmare.....what about the Rhinos?....I did it before for them and it worked out pretty well...then I could probably get to a game at Hunslet too.....isn't Leigh and Fev near Manchester?

Every club is near Manchester 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

6 minutes ago, wiganermike said:

Just for sake of clarification corned dog is a colloquial name for corned beef. Lobby is a type of stew that I believe dates from the Viking era, a virtually identical stew is eaten in Liverpool where they call it Scouse, hence the people of that city being called Scousers.

Have you noticed, there's no scousers in Star Trek? They've  got a Scot, a Russian, a chinaman, a black lass, a Vulcan, an Edosian, a Pandronian, a Deltan, a Caitian, a Barzan, a Saurian, an Andronian, a Betelgeusian,  two Rhaandarites and two Zaranites but no scousers. Do you know why? Because the don't want to work, even in the future! 

15 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Have you noticed, there's no scousers in Star Trek? They've  got a Scot, a Russian, a chinaman, a black lass, a Vulcan, an Edosian, a Pandronian, a Deltan, a Caitian, a Barzan, a Saurian, an Andronian, a Betelgeusian,  two Rhaandarites and two Zaranites but no scousers. Do you know why? Because the don't want to work, even in the future! 

were in the bowels of the engine room having a cuppa or kip...

46 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Why Thanks Harry!  I will have to mull it over!  What is the name of your cohort in the legion Harry?

The Haristotelian Persuasion! 

1 hour ago, wiganermike said:

A corn dog over here is a deep fried hot dog with a corn coating...I'll take the corned beef over it any day.  I've never tried scouse though.

I've had a big change of mind. 

Allow Toronto Wolfpack back in Super League for the 2021 season. 12 Points deduction. Lesser punishment than expulsion due to exceptional circumstances of Covid19, even though this is a blaitant excuse from ownership. 

I think it was Reaper who estimated a solid RL fan base of 2.5k+ that would be lost to the game , let's not abandon them, let's grow it. It's not their fault they had a terrible owner (don't know why they defend him) 

If it's £5m a season cost including travel & accomodation for opposition & debt repayment factored in, give them £1.8m sky share. £3.2m to find? Tickets, sponsors, merchandise....New ownership to cover budget deficit? Variable depending on reaching sales targets for those 3 revenue streams. Could be anywhere between 250k and 2.2m !!! Is it doable until a Canadian TV Deal can be struck post 2o21 to include both Ottawa & Toronto. ????  

30 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

I've had a big change of mind. 

Allow Toronto Wolfpack back in Super League for the 2021 season. 12 Points deduction. Lesser punishment than expulsion due to exceptional circumstances of Covid19, even though this is a blaitant excuse from ownership. 

I think it was Reaper who estimated a solid RL fan base of 2.5k+ that would be lost to the game , let's not abandon them, let's grow it. It's not their fault they had a terrible owner (don't know why they defend him) 

If it's £5m a season cost including travel & accomodation for opposition & debt repayment factored in, give them £1.8m sky share. £3.2m to find? Tickets, sponsors, merchandise....New ownership to cover budget deficit? Variable depending on reaching sales targets for those 3 revenue streams. Could be anywhere between 250k and 2.2m !!! Is it doable until a Canadian TV Deal can be struck post 2o21 to include both Ottawa & Toronto. ????  

I'm with ya smudgie owd lad.

On 16/08/2020 at 00:52, SL17 said:

What’s that? Trouts nice. Now lobby is a whole different wave.

Corned dog, can’t beat it.

Not Mersey Trout, I hope.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived