The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Like a crutch needs woodworm!

In case anyone from overseas is wondering, outside of Leigh, crutches in the UK are made of Aluminium.

Kayakman will probably be along shortly to tell us that in Toronto they are Titanium though.

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

I don't trust them with a loonie, sorry. Especially as this guy is already a shareholder and pal of Argyle.

I dont think they will be drinking buddies after his comments to the media but keep those conspiracy theories coming..

2 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

In case anyone from overseas is wondering, outside of Leigh, crutches in the UK are made of Aluminium.

Kayakman will probably be along shortly to tell us that in Toronto they are Titanium though.

Is it true that the wooden crutches in Leigh come with 'this end up' labels on them?😇

What great entertainment watching Brian McDermott begging for his job live on TV.  Big raps to Sky for allowing this guy ftom a crappy northern town to humiliate himself in front of the RL world.  😂👏👏👏👏😂 

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

16 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

But surely that's exactly what he is saying? Toronto is a cash burning machine.

I would suggest you visit an Adelaide Woolworths and picture how 'Wolf Grooming' might fare against the competition, even if it can get on the shelf with all the other products (often made by giant companies with deep pockets).

Then we have the issue of a partnership with Super League. Is Super League expected to contribute to the marketing/manufacturing/distribution costs of something it knows nothing about? Would Super League be on the hook if it makes a loss?  What happens if LiVolsi does a runner and bills go unpaid (again)?

I can’t decide if you are a wind up merchant - and if so a very good one may I add - or someone who hates Toronto with such a pathological hatred that makes Hannibal Lector envious.

Anyway I would deduce that LiVolsi, or his associates have experience of pitching beauty products to national and global companies.  Every product in a supermarket competes against similar products and some products succeed and some don’t.

You fail to note, or blithely disregard that LiVolsi has 18 years in the beauty business so even Helen Keller can see that the products he is associated with can compete against similar products.  You speak about ‘giant companies’ but DiLivosi is a Board member of a company that is the largest in Canada and second largest in North America in its particular field.

Then your final paragraph.  If SL are approached it is up to SL if they want to associate themselves with the product and to what extent they may contribute in any way as they do with any product that sponsors SL.  I am at a loss as to why you think that SL would have to pay for the distribution costs do SL pay the distribution costs of mushy peas?  Or why you think SL will suffer financially if the product is unsuccessful.

Finally, if Wolf Grooming goes on sale at supermarkets near you will you be frequenting the beauty products aisle and taking photos on an hourly basis to let us all know how many have been sold in comparison to other brands.

P.S. please note that there are sometimes cardboard cut outs of people in supermarkets but these are for advertising purpose and not real customers.

P.P.S. If however you are right in all that you have stated then here is my apology in advance.

15 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

I have been around long enough when all we had was wooden crutches Whippy, and it was an old saying to describe something that was not necessary, required or needed, do you get the point I was making in response to K'man's "SL needs Toronto" we are allowed to have our own opinion aren't we?

7 hours ago, SL17 said:

Step up RImmer/Elstone to the mark. Do you have the balls to take SLY on?

From your post the dislike for Sky is obvious but as a sport I wonder were we would be if they hadn't bailed the sport out. Certainly not were we are now. They may have faults but a decent Rfl/SL board should be able to look after all aspects of tbe game, but standing still means we shrink even further. 

2 hours ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

I can’t decide if you are a wind up merchant - and if so a very good one may I add - or someone who hates Toronto with such a pathological hatred that makes Hannibal Lector envious.

Anyway I would deduce that LiVolsi, or his associates have experience of pitching beauty products to national and global companies.  Every product in a supermarket competes against similar products and some products succeed and some don’t.

You fail to note, or blithely disregard that LiVolsi has 18 years in the beauty business so even Helen Keller can see that the products he is associated with can compete against similar products.  You speak about ‘giant companies’ but DiLivosi is a Board member of a company that is the largest in Canada and second largest in North America in its particular field.

Then your final paragraph.  If SL are approached it is up to SL if they want to associate themselves with the product and to what extent they may contribute in any way as they do with any product that sponsors SL.  I am at a loss as to why you think that SL would have to pay for the distribution costs do SL pay the distribution costs of mushy peas?  Or why you think SL will suffer financially if the product is unsuccessful.

Finally, if Wolf Grooming goes on sale at supermarkets near you will you be frequenting the beauty products aisle and taking photos on an hourly basis to let us all know how many have been sold in comparison to other brands.

P.S. please note that there are sometimes cardboard cut outs of people in supermarkets but these are for advertising purpose and not real customers.

P.P.S. If however you are right in all that you have stated then here is my apology in advance.

There’s a lot of playing the man here, a sign of a weak argument.

I’m sure Super League will be asking similar questions of ‘Wolf Grooming’ (risible name, by the way) and looking at it with open eyes. 

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

I’m sure Super League will be asking similar questions of ‘Wolf Grooming’ (risible name, by the way) and looking at it with open eyes. 

The state of the game suggests otherwise

2 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

No sign a weak response from me to your post.  I thought I posted a very restrained response to your post that misrepresented - on purpose IMHO - the article.

I have no argument with you if you distrust and/or dislike Toronto but to post what you did was childish.

I assume that SL undertake due diligence with every sponsor that approaches them and if Wolf Grooming is deemed not suitable then I hope SL make the correct decision.

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I have been around long enough when all we had was wooden crutches Whippy, and it was an old saying to describe something that was not necessary, required or needed, do you get the point I was making in response to K'man's "SL needs Toronto" we are allowed to have our own opinion aren't we?

Never heard of it, seems a pretty poor saying though as woodworm is destructive rather than unnecessary.

You will never catch me saying someone shouldn't have or express their own opinion Harry.

Archived