The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

No sign a weak response from me to your post.  I thought I posted a very restrained response to your post that misrepresented - on purpose IMHO - the article.

I have no argument with you if you distrust and/or dislike Toronto but to post what you did was childish.

I assume that SL undertake due diligence with every sponsor that approaches them and if Wolf Grooming is deemed not suitable then I hope SL make the correct decision.

At least it's not another betting company.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, lingard said:

What great entertainment watching Brian McDermott begging for his job live on TV.  Big raps to Sky for allowing this guy ftom a crappy northern town to humiliate himself in front of the RL world.  😂👏👏👏👏😂 

What? 

43 minutes ago, CanadianRugger said:

Or free pizza 🤣

Combine the two perhaps? Free slice of pizza with every winning wager. Or buy 5 pizzas, get a free bet.

21 minutes ago, SL17 said:

I often wonder where the sport would have  been. Terrestrial TV would most certainly still have been supporting the sport.  The sport required money and made a mess of it. SL now blames the lower tiers for the demise of the sport.

So on that context the RFL can never work with SL. Hence separate entities.

Its either one or none!

Terrestrial tv would be showing what they always do CC.. I have not read any club blaming lower tiers. Totally different environment now locally, uk wide and world wide. What went before will not always be the answer for now or the future. But some of theold heartland clubs are a reflection of their community going nowhere being left behind. 

7 hours ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

No sign a weak response from me to your post.  I thought I posted a very restrained response to your post that misrepresented - on purpose IMHO - the article.

Ditto with your post about the UK potential for Wolf Grooming.

But, hey, maybe Wolf Grooming will be a success and satisfied customers will tweet #ImAGroomer

53 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Terrestrial tv would be showing what they always do CC.. I have not read any club blaming lower tiers. Totally different environment now locally, uk wide and world wide. What went before will not always be the answer for now or the future. But some of theold heartland clubs are a reflection of their community going nowhere being left behind. 

Ian Lenagan, October 2016:

“I’ve nothing negative against the Championship, but they have spread the money among too many clubs,

“All we’ve done is dumb-down Super League, and you can see that by the fact some are losing to Championship clubs (in the Qualifiers).”

11 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Mate, we are still awaiting your evidence regarding your comments on all the goings on at Catalans. Or was that BS?

LD we are talking about 12 years ago its well known within RL circles that the Dragons were struggling in the first 2/3 seasons both financially and admin wise (Which is why the RFL preffered to have CEO,s that reported to them) since then the club has changed dramatically for the better I am happy to say.

All water under the bridge life moves on and although less nowadays (Due to increases in capital) our family have retained their shareholding due to the club becoming far more transparent with investors than they were back in the early days.

And thats all I am going to say on a public forum.

22 minutes ago, SL17 said:

What went before (as you put it)protected the sport. Competitive competitions. All shown on terrestrial tv. 
Then the money came. 

You have lost me there. I am sure i said non of that. 

37 minutes ago, SL17 said:

What went before (as you put it)protected the sport. Competitive competitions. All shown on terrestrial tv. 
Then the money came. 

Thats before union went proffessional though, and before other spirts like the american ones gained a foothole in the uk market

14 hours ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

My thoughts having read the article in the sun.  Its looks like an other opportunist who has sprung up.

What would you have thought if you read it in the rain then ?

Archived