OUT

CASTLEFORD TIGERS 

HULL FC

HULL KR

WAKEFIELD TRINITY

HUDDERSFIELD GIANTS 

SALFORD RED DEVILS 

SUPER LEAGUE (Robert Elstone) ITS REALLY DOWN TO HIM 🙂

TORONTO WOLFPACK OUT OR IN BY A CASTING VOTE ?

Opinion and what do you think:)

Cheers 

Paul

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

THE VOTE (IMHO)

IN

WIGAN WARRIORS

ST HELENS

WARRINGTON WOLVES 

CATALAN DRAGONS 

LEEDS RHINOS

RFL

OUT

CASTLEFORD TIGERS 

HULL FC

HULL KR

WAKEFIELD TRINITY

HUDDERSFIELD GIANTS 

SUPER LEAGUE (Robert Elstone)

TORONTO WOLFPACK OUT BY A CASTING VOTE ?

Cheers 

Paul

You missed off Salford but yes I think the clubs will vote 6-5 against, the RFL will vote for and the decider will be how Elstone votes.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

5 minutes ago, Derwent said:

You missed off Salford but yes I think the clubs will vote 6-5 against, the RFL will vote for and the decider will be how Elstone votes.

Thanks forgot about them back again I will re-draft

Thanks 

PS/Re-drafted now really all down to Elstone unless one club changes their mind only one maybe Huddersfield Giants ?

30 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

If they come back down to the championship its going to be a right ball ache trying to convince the memsahib that me wazzin another £1500 up in the air on another trip to Toronto really is a good idea.

I just want an opportunity to do that with my own team, which despite our greatest efforts at times will not be in the championship!!

29 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

How many times have Hull Kr and Wakey been in financial trouble? Wakefield have had more lives than a cat. 

I assume Catalans can vote as it is a SL vote and not an RFL vote

Exactly its laughable really. 

I always thought Catalans abstained but perhaps they'll throw their hat in. Major head implosions inbound if theirs is one of the casting votes to retain TWP

11 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

THE VOTE (IMHO)

IN

WIGAN WARRIORS

ST HELENS

WARRINGTON WOLVES 

CATALAN DRAGONS 

LEEDS RHINOS

RFL

OUT

CASTLEFORD TIGERS 

HULL FC

HULL KR

WAKEFIELD TRINITY

HUDDERSFIELD GIANTS 

SUPER LEAGUE (Robert Elstone)

TORONTO WOLFPACK OUT OR IN BY A CASTING VOTE ?

Cheers 

Paul

I don't think that's too far off and in that case I'd expect the ayes and the RFL to pull rank with Elstone.

10 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I don't think that's too far off and in that case I'd expect the ayes and the RFL to pull rank with Elstone.

I actually think that they will vote “No” but should vote “Yes - with certain caveats/ conditions”. The conditions being along the lines of those outlined a few pages ago regarding receipt of central funding etc.

2 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Seems Phil Caplan was wrong. It’s up to the SLE board to decide whether Toronto can be readmitted to Super League. The RFL has one vote. 

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/rugby-league-news/toronto-wolfpack-super-league-future-4544592.amp

If they are not readmitted to SL then in theory the RFL decide whether they can join the RFL aka play in Championship/ League 1. Obviously this won’t occur as the prospective new owner only wants SL

2 minutes ago, LeeF said:

I actually think that they will vote “No” but should vote “Yes - with certain caveats/ conditions”. The conditions being along the lines of those outlined a few pages ago regarding receipt of central funding etc.

Yeah I mean this is the real question of what exactly they're agreeing to. Perhaps we're seeing a principle in/out vote with an in vote leading to a subsequent vote on the terms of that.

Just now, Tommygilf said:

Yeah I mean this is the real question of what exactly they're agreeing to. Perhaps we're seeing a principle in/out vote with an in vote leading to a subsequent vote on the terms of that.

If it’s a “No” then the press release will occur at 5.05pm just as everyone goes home 😀

6 minutes ago, LeeF said:

If it’s a “No” then the press release will occur at 5.05pm just as everyone goes home 😀

Oh but I like to stay up late for the results! If its a yes we might have to wait 4 years till something actually happens as a result 😅

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Its being reported in the local newspapers that Huddersfield, Hull KR and Wakefield are the clubs most openly against Toronto returning. Leeds and Saints openly in favour of readmission. 

Edit: Does anyone know if Catalans can/will actually vote in this one?

If Saints abstain as McManus said they would due to conflict of interest (thought I'd read similar from Hetherington too but can't find it so maybe not) then it may be difficult for TWP to get the votes if the bottom feeders are ignoring that conflict and voting against. Squeaky bum time 😀

6 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Didn't McManus say Saints would abstain from the vote as its a conflict of interests? 

“St Helens will abstain from any vote pertaining to the inclusion or otherwise of any constituent member club of Super League, or to any other form of sanction to be levelled at any fellow club. There is an unacceptable conflict of interest involved for us, and for any other SLE member club.

“For example, SLE directors were not offered the opportunity to vote on the signing of Israel Folau by Catalans due to perceived conflict of interest: the level of inherent conflict in this instance is much, much higher. We consider that this vote could be rightfully and successfully challenged on that basis.”

If McManus (and possibly Hetherington) sticks with what he said previously and abstains then given the rumours of clubs set to vote against their readmission then it is hard to see how TWP could be readmitted. If those that are thought to support their return won't confirm that support in a vote then it will only end in a No vote majority. If he does support readmitting them and suspects that the clubs will vote against in sufficient numbers to deny the readmission then he may choose, despite what he said, to vote in order to try to balance the numbers of club votes and to make the decision fall to the RFL and Elstone, rather than the votes from the clubs deciding the outcome.

21 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

“St Helens will abstain from any vote pertaining to the inclusion or otherwise of any constituent member club of Super League, or to any other form of sanction to be levelled at any fellow club. There is an unacceptable conflict of interest involved for us, and for any other SLE member club.

“For example, SLE directors were not offered the opportunity to vote on the signing of Israel Folau by Catalans due to perceived conflict of interest: the level of inherent conflict in this instance is much, much higher. We consider that this vote could be rightfully and successfully challenged on that basis.”

Cop-out!

Conspiracy theory time:

The anti-TWP forces imply to Catalans that should Catalans reject TWP another vote could be held to add a 12th team. That collective group would then vote for Toulouse.

I didn't make this up. I read it on QAnon, and everyone knows that is a trustworthy source. After all, it's good enough for the POTUS.

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Exactly its laughable really. 

I always thought Catalans abstained but perhaps they'll throw their hat in. Major head implosions inbound if theirs is one of the casting votes to retain TWP

The fact to clubs are deciding TWP fate is ludicrous. Their thoughts should be considered but it should be an independent panel making these decisions. Who would want to invest in a sport run like this? 

Wether you agree with Toronto or not, the way this is being decided is wrong

Archived