The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I'd think they have plenty of growth in ticket revenue tbh. 

According to Rugby League Project, they averaged 7k last year versus a capacity of 10k. This was also in the lower division, so it would be expected that there would be ticket price increase built in. If the ticket price doubled and they sold out each week you'd be looking at a 200% ticket income increase, and if you factor in that not all of the 7k have been paying then that % uplift is even larger. 

One thing to keep in mind, the 10,000 number is the legal capacity based on the fire code. It is not how many people fit in lamport. That number is higher. The fire code is based on things like the number of exits. I wonder if some of these issues could be resolved to increase the capacity. It was also reported by the Howlin Hour (the guy who is the stadium announcer at Lamport), that TWP were finned by the city after last years’ final for being 2,000 people over capacity. 

Just now, Michael1812 said:

One thing to keep in mind, the 10,000 number is the legal capacity based on the fire code. It is not how many people fit in lamport. That number is higher. The fire code is based on things like the number of exits. I wonder if some of these issues could be resolved to increase the capacity. It was also reported by the Howlin Hour (the guy who is the stadium announcer at Lamport), that TWP were finned by the city after last years’ final for being 2,000 people over capacity. 

Yep, I think there are a few ways that ticket revenue can be increased substantially. Obviously we are talking in a normal year, and not necessarily 2021! 

53 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Is Bower being particularly dense on purpose? If they’re spending the month going through his application with a fine tooth comb, surely that is what we want to happen?

And now Bower has changed his tune as it emerges that the new guy asked for more time to review their submission. 

:kolobok_biggrin:

51 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Yep, I think there are a few ways that ticket revenue can be increased substantially. Obviously we are talking in a normal year, and not necessarily 2021! 

Maybe not if they're losing every week? The locals are new to the game and only used to winning at home.

29 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

Maybe not if they're losing every week? The locals are new to the game and only used to winning at home.

Locals support a hockey team (20000 regulars with a season ticket waiting list) that hasnt won a championship since 1967..there are enough fanatical supporters like me who DO know the game to drag along the newbies who by the way are catching on fast..eg 12000 in a 10000 seat stadium.

1 hour ago, yipyee said:

NFL game pass is aroun 200 quid a year...

Is it a fudge if it's a new channel?

It expansion of American football on our doorstep and theg will be expanding mainly into London who we are told only care about soccer....

A lot of the content is on the NFL YouTube channel........even more of it on Game pass which is available for free in the uk......the paid for version has live coverage of games but all the programmes sky show through the week on the NFL channel is free on demand on the free version of gamepass. Hard Knocks, Total Access, Power Rankings, Game highlights all free without sky.

It's not a new channel it's Sky Action Rebranded......they can squeeze everything onto Arena and Mix now there isn't as much sport to show.

Not sure what your last sentence means?

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

5 minutes ago, tuutaisrambo said:

A lot of the content is on the NFL YouTube channel........even more of it on Game pass which is available for free in the uk......the paid for version has live coverage of games but all the programmes sky show through the week on the NFL channel is free on demand on the free version of gamepass. Hard Knocks, Total Access, Power Rankings, Game highlights all free without sky.

It's not a new channel it's Sky Action Rebranded......they can squeeze everything onto Arena and Mix now there isn't as much sport to show.

Not sure what your last sentence means?

All sports with a sky contract ate carrying on to get paid, not sure what you mean lack of content?

My last sentance is used as an excuse why RL cannot expand in the capital

12 minutes ago, Canis Lupus said:

The wait another four weeks maybe fine for the clubs but what about the players who now have to go another month unpaid? This should have been first and foremost imo. 

What can be done? A decision on the long term future (including a potential multi-million pound investment from this guy) can't be rushed through if the decision makers do not have the information yet. 

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

What can be done? A decision on the long term future (including a potential multi-million pound investment from this guy) can't be rushed through if the decision makers do not have the information yet. 

I understand this but it is not as if this issue has just arisen . Seems the players are not at the top of the list but that's not new really. 

Archived