The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, The Rocket said:

Can you imagine if he came back, They`d have him lathered up from head to toe in Wolf Grooming `product` everywhere he went. You could smell him coming from a mile away. Personally in his contract  I reckon he should have to wear a sandwich board down at the mall as well when he was out injured  to help earn his 5 mill.

Great response to my question Rocket.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, SL17 said:

The best thing is they should join Ottawa in L1. Rebuild. and guarantee a derby..

If that's the only alternative and best suggestion do away with it all NOW!

Stop the pretence, kill all the obviously silly I'm all for expansion buts .... and prevent any more TGG-tennis threads that go nowhere!

And if you're truly for expansion, well, you're watching the wrong sport.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

12 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

When is the deadline for this decision?

I think rocket was replying to my SBW post,

I believe the new proposal/business plan is due by 23/10. 
Then it will need to be reviewed and maybe an opportunity for a presentation.

I don’t know if there is a deadline for  a decision ..but purely for next year’s organisation, it shouldn’t be stalled.

LiVolsi was meant to give a “personal” presentation by now...nothing further said on that?

9 hours ago, Quolls2020 said:

I think rocket was replying to my SBW post,

I believe the new proposal/business plan is due by 23/10. 
Then it will need to be reviewed and maybe an opportunity for a presentation.

I don’t know if there is a deadline for  a decision ..but purely for next year’s organisation, it shouldn’t be stalled.

LiVolsi was meant to give a “personal” presentation by now...nothing further said on that?

I thought Johnny`s response must have been a question about a deadline that SBW had in relation to rejoining TWP. I was half serious though about LiVolsi`s plans for SBW though, the next David Beckham, I just can`t see Sonny Bill wanting to be part of that caper. Especially considering all that Islamic Holy man stuff he goes on with. Maybe if it was done properly but certainly not like the human billboard I described above.

26 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

I thought Johnny`s response must have been a question about a deadline that SBW had in relation to rejoining TWP. I was half serious though about LiVolsi`s plans for SBW though, the next David Beckham, I just can`t see Sonny Bill wanting to be part of that caper. Especially considering all that Islamic Holy man stuff he goes on with. Maybe if it was done properly but certainly not like the human billboard I described above.

Just maybe Livolsi's bid could be reliant on him still having SBW has his "poster boy" for the Wolf Grooming campaign, just perhaps SBW has not been commital to Toronto hence the absence of the expected personal presentation from LiVolsi, no SBW no LiVolsi no Wolfpack.

Just a thought.

40 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Just maybe Livolsi's bid could be reliant on him still having SBW has his "poster boy" for the Wolf Grooming campaign, just perhaps SBW has not been commital to Toronto hence the absence of the expected personal presentation from LiVolsi, no SBW no LiVolsi no Wolfpack.

Just a thought.

Given an earlier posting stated that SBW was being paid in shares in TWP, SBW does have a big interest in them coming back as he might just get some money for his shares, rather than $Nil.

18 minutes ago, PhilCarrington said:

Given an earlier posting stated that SBW was being paid in shares in TWP, SBW does have a big interest in them coming back as he might just get some money for his shares, rather than $Nil.

Would you think that is the only iron he would have in the fire Phil? I should imagine his advisors already have multiple contingencies in place, if SL reject LiVolsi SBW would have to find alternatives anyway, do you honestly think they/he are sitting back awaiting for next Friday's decision before reacting?

42 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Just a thought.

From what I`ve seen the new bid seem pretty non-commit about SBW, statements like " if he finds something else , well good luck to him, we`re not going to push him " sort of thing. There was a remark about him finding a `better deal elsewhere`, which I thought was odd, given that they are valuing him at about $500 000 for one more year in the NRL. Long way short of say $5m you would think he would get for the second half of his contract with WP.  And I`m sure he and his agent wouldn`t have been silly enough to take a large chunk of his contract in shares. Which in turn suggests the $5m or close to it would still be on the table. Funny, the reaction seems a little like the way they are treating SLE. Maybe LiVolsi`s way of doing business.

The other thing is of course if you were going to use a sporting team to promote a range of grooming products in a code with a relatively low profile SBW would be your man, as he cuts across all different codes, you would certainly want him playing in a winning team though. It would diminish his marketing appeal if he was in a team getting spanked every week. In fact that observation may well explain his reaction to rejoining TWP,  his manager probably is the process of finding out exactly what they will expect from him and also what sort of squad they are going to put together. I can`t imagine Sonny Bill will want to play in a team that is not competitive.

22 hours ago, The Rocket said:

Can you imagine if he came back, They`d have him lathered up from head to toe in Wolf Grooming `product` everywhere he went. You could smell him coming from a mile away. Personally in his contract  I reckon he should have to wear a sandwich board down at the mall as well when he was out injured  to help earn his 5 mill.

You would have to have a strong sense of smell to do that!

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Would you think that is the only iron he would have in the fire Phil? I should imagine his advisors already have multiple contingencies in place, if SL reject LiVolsi SBW would have to find alternatives anyway, do you honestly think they/he are sitting back awaiting for next Friday's decision before reacting?

Judging by SBW's comments after leaving the Roosters I reckon he is on the verge of retiring from active sport. His alternatives might be much more diverse than just another club.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

It should be pointed out that part of TWP's on-field problems was due to SBW's performance (or lack of same).

He certainly picked it up again in the NRL, but that's the sort of thing that gives owners and managers pause. Just how committed was he to TWP? He talked the talk but didn't deliver when it counted.

12 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

It should be pointed out that part of TWP's on-field problems was due to SBW's performance (or lack of same).

He certainly picked it up again in the NRL, but that's the sort of thing that gives owners and managers pause. Just how committed was he to TWP? He talked the talk but didn't deliver when it counted.

He was 35 and hadn’t played rugby league for 6 yrs,it was always going to take time for him to readjust,McDermott stated as much,questioning his commitment is ridiculous.

57 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

What a ridiculous thing to say its not just as simple to jump from union to league it was always going to take time for his adjustments, but no lets find someone else to blame for TWP inept ownership

2 hours ago, TIWIT said:

What a Twit...

Funny how people here were doing just that back when he was playing... poorly.

I fully understand it would take him to adjust back to RL from RU but he should have been more prepared. Your highest paid player should also be your best player. SBW was the former but definitely not the latter - and as a TWP supporter I certainly wanted him to be.

On 16/10/2020 at 20:24, Oxford said:

I'm a Salford fan we gave up optimism for lent in 1981 so after a GF and CCF appearance we need therapy. I can't see how your prediction could come true but 2022 seems a silly idea, either they're welcome or thye're not. If not though, NY and Ottawa should be told not to bother also. And we should stop pretending expansion has any place in the sport unless it brings stacks of cash for free, comes at no cost whatsoever, contains no barriers, problems or issues and is inside one of three counties in the north of England.

We don't yet know when next season will start, and when crowds will be allowed in, and how we are going to fit next year's world cup in? They've got less than half a squad so far and would be relegation favourites, but they're demanding 3 years exemption, then we would have the headache of what to do if they finished bottom? Giving them an extra 12 months to prepare and build a strong squad would solve a lot of problems.

22 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

We don't yet know when next season will start, and when crowds will be allowed in, and how we are going to fit next year's world cup in? They've got less than half a squad so far and would be relegation favourites, but they're demanding 3 years exemption, then we would have the headache of what to do if they finished bottom? Giving them an extra 12 months to prepare and build a strong squad would solve a lot of problems.

Out of all this which do you blame TWP for ?

And with the coming economic Tsunami there may not even be a sport for the Wolfpck to join. What then?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived