The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

For some reason I woke up with a dislocated thumb. Its just been put back.... by the window cleaner!!

Things are bad in Rovrum , although are you sure it's in Yorkshire if you don't clean your own windows ? 😉

5 hours ago, TIWIT said:

I thought hobbies were supposed to be fun. This doesnt look like much fun to me.

5 hours ago, ojx said:

Who knows? Some people can't let go of work in retirement.

Its fun for him and likes like Hunter never retire.

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

Can’t believe there are no comments regarding the TWP submission yesterday and Bob Hunters LE piece?

Am I lost in time? 

Was it yesterday or the end of the month?

Just checked. The proposal went in yesterday. The final decision? Who knows.

from the Wolfpack site.

Toronto Wolfpack Submit Final Proposal to Super League

24/10/2020 by admin

Toronto Wolfpack can confirm that a final submission was made to the Super League and Rugby Football League (RFL) yesterday, October 23. An extensive business plan by the Wolf Grooming investment group addressed a number of matters which the Super League and member clubs had asked to be clarified 4-weeks ago.

The Wolfpack are confident that the club will receive a fair hearing from the Super League Board, and the club is extremely grateful for the extra time they allowed for the submission. We feel the new submission demonstrates that under new ownership the Wolfpack can be a strong collaborative member of the Super League team, and add real value to the game as a whole.

A final presentation from the Wolf Grooming investment group, and decision from the Super League and fellow clubs, is expected in the next few weeks.

Just released:
“WARRINGTON Wolves' Super League clash with Catalans Dragons scheduled for Monday night in Perpignan has been cancelled.

The move follows further impact of Covid-19 on the Catalans club.

Dragons had been placed into Stage 2 of the Multiple Cases Framework last Wednesday after five of their players and two members of backroom staff received positive tests for Covid-19.

That meant they were required to suspend training, and the cancellation of the home fixture against Hull FC that was scheduled for Thursday, October 22.“

This cannot auger well for the future  of intercontinental sports comps and must have some bearing on the decision.

1 hour ago, SL17 said:

Their website is reporting a decision in two/three weeks. Probably why know one gives a ####..

Then again SL can’t afford OldTrafford. That someone seems we go with 11 and  save *****.

The Wolfpack article has been posted on this site....you must have missed it., long lunch?

I suspect that Tornoto is about to be reinstated into Super League for 2021 on a good day to bury bad news......

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

17 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

I suspect that Tornoto is about to be reinstated into Super League for 2021 on a good day to bury bad news......

Let`s just hope that SLE spoke to Sky and Sky said yes that is want we want from a `Super League` and you will be rewarded in your next contract and where is the next big team going to come from as you grow this competition into a proper SL that we can market.

What kind of a s**t disturber are you? Coming in here trying to stir up trouble! Ban him I say, ban him!

1 hour ago, mrfranco said:

Is this the future if TWP are rejected and are no longer in the game?

It's Sunday night and there's no-one moaning, debating or otherwise engaging on the General TWP thread! Too quiet for my liking! 😁

1 hour ago, mrfranco said:

Is this the future if TWP are rejected and are no longer in the game?

It's Sunday night and there's no-one moaning, debating or otherwise engaging on the General TWP thread! Too quiet for my liking! 😁

Basically we're just BORED of the whole sorry saga , I couldn't care less any more 

4 hours ago, Quolls2020 said:

Except for “long lunch statements” it has been very quiet and dull here lately.

was everybody watching the Oz grand finals...or just lost interest.

Well I haven't lost interest, but it's like waiting for Christmas and that's a  fair way off.Hope they make it back.

13 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

👍👍

League Express says there will be a 2 point deduction for the Wolfpack next year...looks like we are back in....I think that such a heavy penalty is only fair and just.

We will get over it.

THE PACK IS BACK!

18 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

"The Tension!"...".Waiting on the Edge of Our Seats!"..."The Drama!"...."The Decision Coming Down Like A Jack Hammer!"

-How much longer SL gonna be able to drag this out for?

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

League Express says there will be a 2 point deduction for the Wolfpack next year...looks like we are back in....I think that such a heavy penalty is only fair and just.

We will get over it.

THE PACK IS BACK!

YAY 👃

500 more pages to go!

Archived