The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, frank said:

The WP have brought more globall publicity  to SL since they entered, than  rest of  the league together.If the clubs had embraced the entry of the WP things may have looked much better.Unfortunately  they could only see short term gain.

Embrace in what way ?

5 hours ago, frank said:

The WP have brought more globall publicity  to SL since they entered, than  rest of  the league together.If the clubs had embraced the entry of the WP things may have looked much better.Unfortunately  they could only see short term gain.

well they have just brought out a new video telling everyone how great the'ave been I've watched it and it's very good well produced shame they didn't save the money and pay some of the players what they are owed❗❗❗

5 hours ago, DiH68 said:

From that Sun story:

“One of the main issues is a report compiled by Super League, with additional input from Rugby Football League chairman Simon Johnson, Andy Anson and Matthew Wheeler, into whether rugby league can succeed in Canada.”

Do you know what would be interesting? If they compiled similar reports for all the areas in the UK where RL is currently played. Wonder what that would throw up?

If it was compiled by the same 2 puppets who did the North American one  from an office in Leeds it would throw up whatever Elstone wanted it   to.

1 hour ago, POR said:

well they have just brought out a new video telling everyone how great the'ave been I've watched it and it's very good well produced shame they didn't save the money and pay some of the players what they are owed❗❗❗

How much did it cost them to produce?

12 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

How much did it cost them to produce?

that's not the point  it doesn't matter if it only cost thrupence happeny  thatr's thrupence happeny that could have gone into the players pot

1 minute ago, POR said:

that's not the point  it doesn't matter if it only cost thrupence happeny  thatr's thrupence happeny that could have gone into the players pot

I’m not sure anyone would benefit from thrupence happeny being in their bank account

4 minutes ago, ChrisM said:

It was produced by staff who haven't been paid and who didn't get paid for doing it. They produced it for the love of what they did in Toronto. 

well tell them THANK YOU it was really good 

34 minutes ago, POR said:

well tell them THANK YOU it was really good 

Oh, they've already heard from the Wolfpack supporters - and the players - so they probably don't need to hear anything from anyone else. IMHO.

On 06/11/2020 at 22:26, Dave T said:

Is it a surprise that players who are owed money wanted a Yes decision that would see them paid? I'd have thought that was an obvious conflict of interest on their view on whether the bid was right for SL. 

Your point about others suffering financial irregularities means little - Toronto left SL of their own accord. 

Other clubs putting a bid together - well talk has been around for a while that a mini-licensing process may decide a 12th team if the TWP bid failed. It seems prudent that clubs would put effort into a sales pitch. 

Your last paragraph is your usual nonsense - you do realise that you are now on the RFL's side - an organisation you regularly slate. 

I should imagine now that the Toronto player's are dispersing around the League and there is nothing tying them to being silent like as you say an "obvious conflict of interest" there may just be some damning revelations percolating through the dressing rooms onto the terraces, alternatively it could be they all tell us what a great expierence and time they all had. 

Just a thought.

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I should imagine now that the Toronto player's are dispersing around the League and there is nothing tying them to being silent like as you say an "obvious conflict of interest" there may just be some damning revelations percolating through the dressing rooms onto the terraces, alternatively it could be they all tell us what a great expierence and time they all had. 

Just a thought.

A lot of players have come out after saying how great their experience in Toronto was. Don’t have time to link them all but check out Gareth O’Brien’s Twitter timeline. Also Darcy Lussick. 

16 hours ago, theswanmcr said:

Pie in the sky I know... but would love to see Toronto and Ottawa making a joint bid to join Super League in 2022. 

Two Canadian teams, promise of a TV deal over there with weekly local fixture etc

Be great, if only to see Elstone have to squirm his way out it!

I take it you did not read this report below before posting your "promise of TV deal over there"

On 07/11/2020 at 10:10, Man of Kent said:

19 minutes ago, Michael1812 said:

A lot of players have come out after saying how great their experience in Toronto was. Don’t have time to link them all but check out Gareth O’Brien’s Twitter timeline. Also Darcy Lussick. 

Don't do twitter Michael, the most I see of it is Tommygilf's pro Toronto hand picked threads, are there none against TWP in the whole of Twitter? 

And, yes the link to the Sun newspaper report of why the submission failed also posted on these pages by MoK.

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I take it you did not read this report below before posting your "promise of TV deal over there"

That would be the same Gary Carter that wrote this today? https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/13139203/toronto-wolfpacks-super-league-expulsion-will-be-regarded-as-a-betrayal/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebarweb

That report is so full of holes and half-truths, it looks like the authors didn't actually speak to anyone involved in Canadian media or sport, they couldn't even get the name of the most famous hockey team in the world correct (Maple Leafs, not Maple Leaves), they didn't consider the publicity given to the Wolfpack by the Leafs, Raptors, TFC etc via Twitter - the same clubs they use as examples as to why (in their opinion) the market in Toronto is already sewn up. They say how difficult it would be to compete for sponsorship with the major teams without any understanding that the majority of sponsorship for those teams is negotiated at a League level, leaving plenty of room for additional local sponsorship. The report is a farce, a joke and the research was likely done on Wikipedia. 

1 hour ago, Michael1812 said:

Don’t think Toronto went into administration, you might want to look that up. 

deary deary me nobody mentioned toronto going into administration it was a friendly chat with double D about money 

They don't need a report to tell them this resurgent Wolfpack is a total farce. The chancer that took over the pieces of the Argyle disaster simply doesn't have enough money for a transatlantic sporting venture. If he had enough money he'd be in. He's nothing but a chancer trying to Hoodwink the League again. 

Archived