The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

If you have a look on twitter there's this account which seems to have access to most of it

That isn't half a complete hatchet job. Seriously if any student did a report like this at degree or masters level it would be torn to shreds. It really is terrible and has no credibility.

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

That isn't half a complete hatchet job. Seriously if any student did a report like this at degree or masters level it would be torn to shreds. It really is terrible and has no credibility.

It would have been far easier if they dropped the pretence of the report as an independent investigation and played it as an open support for their position.

That the people running the league can have such a negative view of any club should be worrying indeed when it seems they can force clubs to change badges etc. Who's next is the obvious question.

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

It would have been far easier if they dropped the pretence of the report as an independent investigation and played it as an open support for their position.

That the people running the league can have such a negative view of any club should be worrying indeed when it seems they can force clubs to change badges etc. Who's next is the obvious question.

The Air Transat deal was fantastic. The largest value deal that Super League has seen. Whether that is in kind or not doesn't matter. Judging by this report they would have been better off with a cash deal worth half as much that would have cost them far more money. Its absurd.

Yes I know it was no Papa Johns but come on.....

Just now, Damien said:

The Air Transat deal was fantastic. The largest value deal that Super League has seen. Whether that is in kind or not doesn't matter. Judging by this report they would have been better off with a cash deal worth half as much that would have cost them far more money. Its absurd.

Yes I know it was no Papa Johns but come on.....

Its the hypocrisy and one-eyedness that does it for me, alongside blatant inaccuracies (a new favourite one was getting the foundation of Canada RU wrong). Like I said they should have dropped the pretence they were doing an impartial report and simply stated the position that has been obvious since around the qualifiers in 2018.

wonder if Elstone's crack team of investigators are being primed for another go if Catalans cannot make it to the starting gate in 2021...get Google up on the laptops..tip - France is on the other side of the ditch...

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

I wasn't going to post here again but will make an exception for this:

I would be interested in committing money to a fund to help the players out, or at the very least give them something positive going in to the holidays. 

I also believe I could leverage the wider Canadian Rugby Community for some funding as well. 

Would anyone know how I could get in touch with someone at the RFL to help the players out?  

3 minutes ago, CanadianRugger said:

I wasn't going to post here again but will make an exception for this:

I would be interested in committing money to a fund to help the players out, or at the very least give them something positive going in to the holidays. 

I also believe I could leverage the wider Canadian Rugby Community for some funding as well. 

Would anyone know how I could get in touch with someone at the RFL to help the players out?  

There's a go fund me page for that precisely 

Best of luck

36 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

There's a go fund me page for that precisely 

Best of luck

Disappointed it's through a Gofundme mostly because I would like a large donation to be tax deductible but oh well.  

Thanks, going to flip some cash the lads way as they def need it.

2 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Good that David Argyle is being pursued...

Agreed, and it looks like something will be forthcoming which is positive. It appears his 'bond' was actually in the form of personal guarantees, which of course is difficult to enforce when tied up with illiquid assets

On 13/11/2020 at 12:08, Oxford said:

If TWP become a Kick&clap unit how will the Quincy's on the forum conduct the post mortum? And even more become a success?

Sounds like an option until the 9000 TWP sit down to watch and cant understand why the players keep kicking the ball off the pitch and why they just keep rolling around on the ground.

2 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Sounds like an option until the 9000 TWP sit down to watch and cant understand why the players keep kicking the ball off the pitch and why they just keep rolling around on the ground.🤣

I'm starting a book on this being the post that sent TWP to the cross code zone or gets it locked!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

39 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Wonder if the Go Fund Me will be used to pay back the Saints fans who are still out of pocket from the Saracens debacle. 

Is this relevant ?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

15 minutes ago, Omott91 said:

Elstone seems more crooked than Trump, and that's saying something. 

Yes, the guy who was cynical of TWP and their reliance on one major owner is the crook here and not the bloke who shafted scores of people for millions of dollars. 

The rewriting of history is almost complete. 

Archived