The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

8 minutes ago, Damien said:

I don't know what the issues are but it is quite obvious neither do you. It is also quite obvious that it is all rather more complicated than you are trying to make out.

The players are not employed by Toronto Wolfpack UK RLFC Ltd so I don't understand the relevance.

Some rather pathetic attempts at scraping the barrel to have a dig happening.

Folly to commit to such a tenacious defence, not knowing what the issues are? Each to their own. 

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Smudger06 said:

Folly to commit to such a tenacious defence, not knowing what the issues are? Each to their own. 

I don't see how saying that the situation is rather more complicated than you suggest is a tenacious defence. I'm quite honest that I don't know all the issues. You don't know the issues either but are acting like you know something that Toronto, the Home Office, RFL and Super League don't about an issue that they haven't manged to sort out in 3 years. Only a fool would dismiss Covid-19 as not being a factor too.

I would say its common sense not to jump to conclusions and think you know better than the Home Office. Then again I'm not a Championship fan with a chip on my shoulder and an axe to grind. As you say, each to their own.

1 minute ago, Damien said:

I don't see how saying that the situation is rather more complicated than you suggest is a tenacious defence. I'm quite honest that I don't know all the issues. You don't know the issues either but are acting like you know something that Toronto, the Home Office, RFL and Super League don't about an issue that they haven't manged to sort out in 3 years. Only a fool would dismiss Covid-19 as not being a factor too.

I would say its common sense not to jump to conclusions and think you know better than the Home Office. Then again I'm not a Championship fan with a chip on my shoulder and an axe to grind. As you say, each to their own.

Exactly.

Perhaps Smudger ought to contact TWP directly and offer them his expert guidance on the matter.

2 hours ago, Smudger06 said:

Do the players live in Canada? If they did this would not be an issue. 

Is Hopwood Hall College in Canada? 

Is Toronto Wolfpack UK RLFC Ltd, Company number 10564680 Canadian? 

Some poor excuses coming out. 

2459160 Ontario Ltd operate similar to Fenway Sports Group, are Liverpool FC American or British? 

The only way TWP would be similar to Liverpool FC would be if the Reds played their home games at Fenway Park rather than Anfield.

3 hours ago, CanadianRugger said:

This is a joke, no orher words to describe it.  This club has bent over backwards and continues to get shafted by the sport and governing body.  

How so? 

Do you think the RFL dish out these visas? 

Is anything ever down to TWP? Ever? 

36 minutes ago, Dave T said:

How so? 

Do you think the RFL dish out these visas? 

Is anything ever down to TWP? Ever? 

We are less than a month away from a supposed restart. 

6 clubs haven't ratified a salary agreement with their players

some players are threatening strike action

Clubs don't want to play in Perpignan because Catalans can have crowds

Toronto get no money and no way to generate income yet are left in the dark about just about everything. 

RFL have yet to make decision on RELEGATION!  

The administration of this sport in the UK is horrendous.  It's downright abysmal.  

22 minutes ago, CanadianRugger said:

Toronto get no money and no way to generate income yet are left in the dark about just about everything. 

The administration of this sport in the UK is horrendous.  It's downright abysmal.  

Its almost as if Donald Trump is running things.

18 hours ago, Dave T said:

Rugby club loses money, shocker. 

Players paid late, again not surprising, but plenty players stay with TWP and indeed sign new deals, can't be that bad. 

Maybe because they get paid more than they could get elsewhere? They aren’t exactly the cream of the crop. 

10 hours ago, CanadianRugger said:

Yet you cry foul when nonsense lists like this are made like this about TWP.

Lers be honest, TWPs debut season in SL has been a disaster so far, and I take zero pleasure in saying that. 

Couldn't put a squad together, could barely arrange games, and have visa issues. 

I mean those games staged at Leeds and Warrington were hardly the ground-breaking international events we were expecting TWP and their billions to stage. 

Using the pandemic as yet another beating stick is pathetic, and TWP are battling through it as much as anyone else. 

But, if it helps to keep up the victim mentality, crack on. 

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

Maybe because they get paid more than they could get elsewhere? They aren’t exactly the cream of the crop. 

I thought one of the problems is that they aren't getting paid? Or getting paid late? Clearly the players don't mind too much then.

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

Liam Kay has bailed!

That was already in the pipeline. Whether he sought a move as a result of some of the issues the club is facing or TWP decided to ship him out to allow them to reallocate his salary on subsequent signings as part of salary cap management we don't know and probably never will.

49 minutes ago, wiganermike said:

That was already in the pipeline. Whether he sought a move as a result of some of the issues the club is facing or TWP decided to ship him out to allow them to reallocate his salary on subsequent signings as part of salary cap management we don't know and probably never will.

We’ll find out. Maybe they’ll rescue Ryan Hall from his NRL floppery?

57 minutes ago, Click said:

I thought one of the problems is that they aren't getting paid? Or getting paid late? Clearly the players don't mind too much then.

Indeed. It really is amazing how the argument used to have a dig can be changed into something completely contradictory when it suits.

11 hours ago, CanadianRugger said:

If I attended a party and I felt everyone was against me and making me feel as uncomfortable as they possibly could, I would get my coat.

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

If I attended a party and I felt everyone was against me and making me feel as uncomfortable as they possibly could, I would get my coat.

We`re not against you Harry.🙂

24 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

And if I was at that party and noticed every new person who came seemed to feel unwelcome I'd probably start thinking about that and how maybe it wasn't them that were the problem

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

The good old Rugby League family in action.

The guy could be scarred for life expressing his inferiority complex in such a way, I was merely suggesting he should not associate with people who he believes are out and out to do the scarring, very responsible advice I think.

5 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

And if I was at that party and noticed every new person who came seemed to feel unwelcome I'd probably start thinking about that and how maybe it wasn't them that were the problem

I'm a tad older than you Tommy, and I have seen numerous invitations given out, lots went home early.

Archived