The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

44 minutes ago, Tre Cool said:

The number 1 reason RL fans have a problem with TWP is because they aren't from the heartlands and are perceived to be taking someone else's place in Super League or taking someone else's money.  It's narrow minded and pathetic....

And there is a great example of the judgement I refer to.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Dave T said:

And there is a great example of the judgement I refer to.

Call it what you like, I've been following the game since 1996 and I've seen years of it about the London Broncos and it's jut repeating with TWP.  There are a lot of narrow minded, myopic RL fans.  It's one thing to have some criticisms, or things you don't like.  Another to mindlessly slag them off at every opportunity because you feel threatened.

34 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Off course I want my town team to be in SL, without question, but I have also spent a lifetime in this game and I am very wary of adverse consequences happening if a number of teams are allowed into the British Rugby League from NA, it is my opinion  but I see it will not only affect some SL clubs and the stronger ones in the Championship it will have a trickle down and have an adverse effect on the game as a whole, I have not tossed a coin to decide if NA expansion is right or wrong I have given it a lot of thought, it is more than filling beer tents and getting people along to watch the sport, tell me honestly what will that physically do for the game over here, only satisfy those who want to sit at home watching it on TV to the very same people who subscribe now. 

You may or may not buy into them being great for the game over here.  And I'm not going to go into the many, many reasons I think they could be great for the game as it's not relevant to this conversation.  The reality is they are an RL club, there's no need for endless criticism and negativity from certain fans just because they don't like them being around, for whatever reason.  It just makes us look like an unwelcoming, unfriendly bunch.  Which is sad for a sport that's always patting itself on the back for it's fairness and inclusivity.

1 minute ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Yep, there's the personal abuse I mentioned in my post. There's a big difference between criticising a sports team and personally attacking fans themselves. 

It's not personal, it's general.  

8 minutes ago, Tre Cool said:

You may or may not buy into them being great for the game over here.  And I'm not going to go into the many, many reasons I think they could be great for the game as it's not relevant to this conversation.  The reality is they are an RL club, there's no need for endless criticism and negativity from certain fans just because they don't like them being around, for whatever reason.  It just makes us look like an unwelcoming, unfriendly bunch.  Which is sad for a sport that's always patting itself on the back for it's fairness and inclusivity.

They could have been fantastic for the game, have said it many times too that if they had a been what was going be a canadian team,coming over here and giving leeds and cas some stick then that would have been massive for crowds,i would a been in for that ride,talk of ex american linebackers mixed in too and ru players could a been a top attraction.what a ride that would a been,same from other areas of the world too,whats not to like.BUT, thats not what we have or likely to ever have after all the wind as blown the cobbwebs off,

32 minutes ago, silverback said:

They could have been fantastic for the game, have said it many times too that if they had a been what was going be a canadian team,coming over here and giving leeds and cas some stick then that would have been massive for crowds,i would a been in for that ride,talk of ex american linebackers mixed in too and ru players could a been a top attraction.what a ride that would a been,same from other areas of the world too,whats not to like.BUT, thats not what we have or likely to ever have after all the wind as blown the cobbwebs off,

Whatever you say.  The old i wouldn't be constantly slagging them off if it wasn't their fault.....

39 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Whatever word you want to use, saying people are narrow-minded and pathetic is still attacking other fans. It's not very nice. 

How do i call people narrow minded nicely? And why would I want to? Stop deflecting from the actual debate.  Some RL fans are unnecessarily nasty towards TWP because they don't like them stepping on their toes. I believe that strongly. Pathetic is a fairly gentle word for how i really feel tbh.

47 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Whatever word you want to use, saying people are narrow-minded and pathetic is still attacking other fans. It's not very nice. 

Just like saying only people from England are capable of critical thought 🤣

7 minutes ago, Tre Cool said:

How do i call people narrow minded nicely? And why would I want to? Stop deflecting from the actual debate.  Some RL fans are unnecessarily nasty towards TWP because they don't like them stepping on their toes. I believe that strongly. Pathetic is a fairly gentle word for how i really feel tbh.

thats just it, they aint stepped on any toes for now unless your a fev fan,and they would a sure fought better than 6-0 am very sure of that fella.

anyway leave me out am trying to book an holiday were they sell tripe.

The problem is the backslappers would prefer a forum where everyone fawned over TWP but yet what a dull forum it would be.

What's wrong with having differing opinions and points of view? why does it have to be viewed as pathetic? 

I doubt some people actually realise what a forum is.

19 minutes ago, silverback said:

thats just it, they aint stepped on any toes for now unless your a fev fan,and they would a sure fought better than 6-0 am very sure of that fella.

anyway leave me out am trying to book an holiday were they sell tripe.

Translation to English anyone?

17 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

The problem is the backslappers would prefer a forum where everyone fawned over TWP but yet what a dull forum it would be.

What's wrong with having differing opinions and points of view? why does it have to be viewed as pathetic? 

I doubt some people actually realise what a forum is.

If it's just negativity about them from the same people over and over its pathetic. If there's some reasonable criticism now and again then nobody minds.

1 minute ago, Tre Cool said:

If it's just negativity about them from the same people over and over its pathetic. If there's some reasonable criticism now and again then nobody minds.

I rest my case.

Archived