The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

Just now, Jampot said:

Sorry mate, you might be right.  It's escaped my attention if they've got a massive away support that rocks venues.

It will if yer off watching yawnion.had rather boil my own nadds.enjoy.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SL17 said:

Back into your tinpot world mite. If you can’t be bothered posting why the hell do we have to read a complete and utter bull s hite essay on your opinion of RL. 

You may return to your abnormal world of luxury with my blessing.

Ok thanks "mite". Will do.  I'd love to know what my "abnormal" world of luxury is!

For the record, I did say that I tried watching league.  I've got p****d off with it not because I didn't enjoy it, but because of the whole attitude to expansion.  Believe me, there are many like me who think that the attitude towards expansion has rendered the sport an unsupportable joke, and this is a tragic state of affairs 

4 minutes ago, Jampot said:

I refuse to be called a loser by someone who actually sits at home on his own and literally watches television and attempts to bitterly count the number of people who are sitting in a stadium

Wrong and wrong again.

Must be hard to admit you fell for the lies but you are by no means the only plum.

8 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Wrong and wrong again.

Must be hard to admit you fell for the lies but you are by no means the only plum.

Lol you're even more of a plum than I realised. Like many others I can clearly remember you scanning the crowd and giving your "non-scientific" OPINION on how many people were in the crowd.  You normally came out with a figure that was WAY below what everyone else could CLEARLY see was there, so don't talk to me about lies.

1 minute ago, Jampot said:

Lol you're even more of a plum than I realised. Like many others I can clearly remember you scanning the crowd and giving your "non-sicentific" OPINION on how many people were in the crowd.  You normally came out with a figure that was WAY below what everyone else could CLEARLY see was there, so don't talk to me about lies.

Any IDIOT knows crowd figures are SALES FIGURES including FREEBIES handed out to Mr and Mrs Peter PLUM, not an accurate headcount. Please don’t tell me Toronto were somehow different.

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

Any IDIOT knows crowd figures are SALES FIGURES including FREEBIES handed out to Mr and Mrs Peter PLUM, not an accurate headcount. Please don’t tell me Toronto were somehow different.

I guess that the apparent humans who were captured by cameras filling the stadium at Toronto's home games were just some sort of "Stepford wives" futuristic androids. Give it up for God's sake.

1 minute ago, Jampot said:

Man of Ken obviously has some weird thing in which Toronto Wolfpack's stadium is not allowed to be full or nearly full, or he goes into some kind of breakdown!!!!!!!!

Have you stopped deflecting your foolishness onto wiser heads or is that the best you’ve got?

2 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

No, if you genuinely believe what you said, I despair. There’s absolutely no way Argyle is in such a predicament as you believe. It would be hideous asset allocation, which would be the top of a very large iceberg, coincidentally as COVID has been the tip of the iceberg for the Toronto debacle. 

Despair all you want then. You have no idea of Argyle's financial situation. Or, it would seem, the financial destruction being wrought throughout the world. Billion dollar companies are in danger of failing everywhere because absolutely no one foresaw Covid.

Except you apparently. Congratulations.

4 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

This stuff sticks in the craw. https://www.totalrl.com/hes-taken-a-manual-labour-job-his-wife-has-cut-short-her-maternity-leave-greg-worthingtons-family-turmoil-with-zero-confidence-in-toronto-wolfpack-pay/

Super League is supposed to be elite sport, not where players’ wives cut short maternity leave to avoid poverty.

There’s not enough money for a WAG culture in Rugby league 

7 hours ago, FearTheVee said:

They weren't actually - my recollection is that they fell at the first hurdle.  As in the expectation gap was a yawning chasm and they were left scratching around for anywhere to play.

Wolfpack early - we want to play our early games in big European Capitals, it will be a carnival of RL!

Wolfpack a little later - actually, we're playing at Saracens but that is still good isn't it, London and all that.

Wolfp[ack a little later - we're not sure we had a deal agreed, or can afford it, at Saracens but it is definitely not our fault.

Wolfpack eventually - please Mr Hetherington and Mr Moran, can we borrow your stadiums in the heartlands?

Blah blah global brand blah blah european capitals blah blah guaranteed player payments blah blah stock market flotation blah blah NA TV deals blah blah billionaire.

Empty promised after empty promises. The new owners have a huge task ahead of them if the club survives that is.

10 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Has SL broken any agreements or failed to honour any contractural obligations?

Well what exactly were their contractual obligations vis-a-vis TWP?  Nobody seems to know 🤔

The messaging also changed daily from all sides.  I admit, there isn't a lot of transparency but that flows in multiple directions unfortunately.

10 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Has SL broken any agreements or failed to honour any contractural obligations?

Does TWP have contractual obligations to the players if they don't play?  How were their individual contracts structured?  

Why weren't TWP players covered by existing RFL policies in this matter?  Again all questions thay haven't really been answered.

At the end of the day, if David Argyle doesn't feel like putting his own money in to the club anymore and the club can't find a buyer, the club will go in to insolvency and the players won't get paid because there is no money to pay them. 

The players contract is with TWP, not with David Argyle.  The fact David Argyle may gift the club money is irrelevant.  They are owed money by the corporate entity, not David Argyle.

That's business and it's unfortunate that the players are subjected to this but that's what happens if any business goes under.  

We don't even know if we will be allowed live sport in Canada next season, how can any business person committ millions of dollars to a season with no return on investment and then commit subsequent millions to other seasons that may or may not happen?

The RFL and SL did not put adequate safe guards to protect the players.  They are as at fault as anyone else as the respective governors of the sport.

1 hour ago, Jampot said:

Man of Ken obviously has some weird thing in which Toronto Wolfpack's stadium is not allowed to be full or nearly full, or he goes into some kind of breakdown!!!!!!!!

"Man who Can't" must be going spare with every stadium being empty..or full of cardboard cutouts..something he thought we were doing since the L1 days..

Do we have a popcorn emoji? I can't load them on the cottage wifi.

The fireworks have started earlier on here than I expected. I thought it would take an official announcement for this many grave-dancing and ######-on-all-of-ya posts.

5 hours ago, RobertAM said:

"Man who Can't" must be going spare with every stadium being empty..or full of cardboard cutouts..something he thought we were doing since the L1 days..

Jampot was grown up enough to play the man directly but you can’t even manage that. You must be one pathetic dude.

5 hours ago, CanadianRugger said:

Well what exactly were their contractual obligations vis-a-vis TWP?  Nobody seems to know 🤔

The messaging also changed daily from all sides.  I admit, there isn't a lot of transparency but that flows in multiple directions unfortunately.

Does TWP have contractual obligations to the players if they don't play?  How were their individual contracts structured?  

Why weren't TWP players covered by existing RFL policies in this matter?  Again all questions thay haven't really been answered.

At the end of the day, if David Argyle doesn't feel like putting his own money in to the club anymore and the club can't find a buyer, the club will go in to insolvency and the players won't get paid because there is no money to pay them. 

The players contract is with TWP, not with David Argyle.  The fact David Argyle may gift the club money is irrelevant.  They are owed money by the corporate entity, not David Argyle.

That's business and it's unfortunate that the players are subjected to this but that's what happens if any business goes under.  

We don't even know if we will be allowed live sport in Canada next season, how can any business person committ millions of dollars to a season with no return on investment and then commit subsequent millions to other seasons that may or may not happen?

The RFL and SL did not put adequate safe guards to protect the players.  They are as at fault as anyone else as the respective governors of the sport.

A very long winded post to say that it's fine for David Argyle as a man and Toronto Wolfpack as a club to walk away from their obligations to the people who actually play the sport because, well, life's tough get over it.

The ability of some supposed fans to show slavish devotion to the money men but contempt for actual sports people is always quite impressive.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

A very long winded post to say that it's fine for David Argyle as a man and Toronto Wolfpack as a club to walk away from their obligations to the people who actually play the sport because, well, life's tough get over it.

The ability of some supposed fans to show slavish devotion to the money men but contempt for actual sports people is always quite impressive.

Beat me to it GJ

Unless one is in possession of the real facts its pointless everyone just making accusations left right and centre here, this is just a terrible situation especially for the players and staff at the TW lets hope it all comes out in the wash to a satisfactory conclusion regardless of the rights and wrongs.

One thing I do know is that the Saracens match was only cancelled after a new CEO at the club took over and demanded a non re-payable bond of £ 80K from the club (Only a few weeks before the match) London Broncos offered to help out and a double header was on the cards that day as the Broncos were playing Featherstone Rovers (I actually went to that match) however Warrington Wolves stepped in and offered to help at a small cost which is why their match v St Helens ended up being played there.

The York match was to be part of the celebration of the opening of their new stadium again a double header sadly there was a delay in safety certificates being issued which meant that that match would have been switched to Bootham Crescent.

SKY agreed in both cases to cover the championship matches as well such a shame as would have been brilliant for both the Broncos and York.

There are sadly no winners in this.

10 hours ago, gingerjon said:

He's choosing not to pay players who are under contract to him. For three months and counting.

I don't care whether that's Toronto or the Hastings Mighty Love Gods, someone who chooses to do that should not be welcome anywhere near our game.

They’re under contract to TWP, not him. 

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

57 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Beat me to it GJ

It can be hard to admit you were wrong about a person. 

Argyle has been defended left right and centre, from the racism incident, to broken promises, to incompetent running of an RL club, it is difficult for some people to now admit that he was a problem. 

If TWP survive in any form, they may be better off without him. 

Archived