John Drake

The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

35 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I disagree Bob. I'm seen as anti-TWP by some because I have discussed some of the challenges. 

Fair enough.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

37 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I disagree Bob. I'm seen as anti-TWP by some because I have discussed some of the challenges. 

I've never seen anyone claim you are anti-twp. 

Just now, dkw said:

I've never seen anyone claim you are anti-twp. 

I'll tag you in next time they start. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dave T said:

I'll tag you in next time they start. 

Is it in this thread? 

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

Is it in this thread? 

Not sure, maybe the myriad that got locked :kolobok_biggrin:

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

No one has said you are anti TWP...just because some disagree with you does not mean they are against you.

6 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

No one has said you are anti TWP...just because some disagree with you does not mean they are against you.

He doesn't like Maple syrup 

Make of that what you will ? 😉

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

He doesn't like Maple syrup 

Make of that what you will ? 😉

That is an anti TWP statement...everyone likes maple syrup!

Should imagine viewing figures for the Game on Sunday will be through the roof compared to anything they've aired previously on SN World on Sunday morning. 

It will be a Big wake up call for Rogers, or should they miss the boat then Bell.  

14 hours ago, Bob8 said:

I explained that to you before, but I will be generous and assume you are genuinely stupid rather than trolling:
- Clubs that go up have to recruit lots of players quickly, this is typically a challenge.
- This club will require players to spent a chunk of the year far from their families. That further limits the availability of players.

I have mentioned this before.

Yes, living away is not for everyone.  Sometimes the money becomes irrelevant.

Personally, I see this as a lesser problem though.  Clubs should have a recruitment strategy.  They know, or should do, good players who tick all the boxes do not stay on the shelves forever.  HKR are also in this mess now through injuries and their strategy not quite working.

Players will become available shortly through loans/DR but then are only in TWPs control for a short while.  Also, these players might not fit TWP ethos but will ‘do’.  They have created this vortex themselves and need to learn from it.

I think the Club are complaining in an attempt to influence dispensation, while BMac, as much as I like him, is doing the same for either a) covering his own butt , b) supporting his ceo or c) as it’s a genuine plea.  The rules are clear but to expect them to be changed is a blind alley imo.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

Its like working yourself through a maze...it will eventually sort itself out (one way or another).

4 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Its like working yourself through a maze...it will eventually sort itself out (one way or another).

Will many people view it on those networks?

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

4 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Will many people view it on those networks?

Its not an open feed..so you have to pay extra (roughly $20/month) but now its more to get the feed for games after the starter game...so the answer to your question is no, not right now.  Hopefully they can work something out....like most things with the Wolfpack its a fluid situation...

I predict that this will be a year of working things out...so many different variables with Sky, Sportsnet, Sportsnet Now, etc.  I think it all boils down to broadcast rights etc.  It will all work itself out one way or another for this year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aj1908 said:

Thing is, this really has nothing to do with the Wolfpack as Sportsnet has been showing SL for years now. They just show the sky feed, so any matches from Sky were already planned to be shown on tv in Canada regardless of the wolfpack’s involvement. 

Which lead me to my next point, how are the Wolfpack supposed to work out a deal to show their matches in Canada if Sportsnet already have the rights to broadcast super league? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Michael1812 said:

Which lead me to my next point, how are the Wolfpack supposed to work out a deal to show their matches in Canada if Sportsnet already have the rights to broadcast super league? 

As I understand it, t’Wolfpack are free to negotiate their own deal for home (ie in Toronto) games. Sportsnet have the rights to air games produced by Sky.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael1812 said:

Thing is, this really has nothing to do with the Wolfpack as Sportsnet has been showing SL for years now. They just show the sky feed, so any matches from Sky were already planned to be shown on tv in Canada regardless of the wolfpack’s involvement. 

Not like them to spin a story out of nothing.

1 hour ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

Not like them to spin a story out of nothing.

What exactly have they spun? 

5 hours ago, dkw said:

What exactly have they spun? 

In the article TWP have spun it to make out it's them that's sorted it, that live coverage is thanks to them when the reality is that it's the same Sportsnet coverage of SL that's been going on in Canada since before TWP were even established. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Michael1812 said:

How much is a weekly pass?

1 hour ago, Smudger06 said:

Cheaper than a Now TV Sky Sports Day Pass!!!

Although the Leeds vs Hull game, the second part of the double header isn't listed yet on SporstNet.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Smudger06 said:

In the article TWP have spun it to make out it's them that's sorted it, that live coverage is thanks to them when the reality is that it's the same Sportsnet coverage of SL that's been going on in Canada since before TWP were even established. 

I must be reading a different article as all I read was an announcement, at no point do they claim they have "sorted it."

• Like 4