The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Just the once a century while in a global pandemic yes 

Thin end of the wedge 

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Easily, especially when Toronto are rejected next month, these pages will be awash with all those who will never watch the game again. 

Or when they're readmitted with central funding and/or protection from relegation for 3 years "these pages will be awash with all those who will never watch the game again."

4 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Or when they're readmitted with central funding and/or protection from relegation for 3 years "these pages will be awash with all those who will never watch the game again."

Betcha they don't get all that even if admitted, then it will be up to the Italian if he wants to carry on or not.

PS and they will still have to fund the visiting teams.

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Betcha they don't get all that even if admitted, then it will be up to the Italian if he wants to carry on or not.

PS and they will still have to fund the visiting teams.

Getting in your excuses early? 😉

I don't think they will be re-admitted. (this is fun)

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Honestly?

I think we have a small but significant number of clubs that, like yourself, are already of the opinion that no matter what Toronto do they don't want them in.

All it needs is a handful of the other clubs to be unconvinced by LiVolsi.

20 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I think we have a small but significant number of clubs that, like yourself, are already of the opinion that no matter what Toronto do they don't want them in.

All it needs is a handful of the other clubs to be unconvinced by LiVolsi.

How interested is LiVolsi really after his own admission that he did not give his submission the attention it deserved, Elstone said he had been advised what the topics to be covered were so half the job was done for him, I just feel that if accepted and there is something in the future he doesn't care for he will scarper, I don't  think he can be trusted.

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

How interested is LiVolsi really after his own admission that he did not give his submission the attention it deserved, Elstone said he had been advised what the topics to be covered were so half the job was done for him, I just feel that if accepted and there is something in the future he doesn't care for he will scarper, I don't  think he can be trusted.

I honestly have no idea. Perhaps he wants to be a Caddick style investor who puts money in but lets Bob Hunter run the organisation. I don't know enough about him to pass judgement.

Like I said this is about the other teams of whom its clear 3 of them are not for turning under any circumstances.

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

There is no contradiction. Quite a few people who believe in the purity of on-field being the only way of deciding who plays in what league are coming out as big fans of committees making these decisions instead.

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Ends justify means!

It isnt really true though is it? 

Unless a committee makes a decision now we have 11 teams. 

I think I can confidently state that Gubrats doesn't want this situation. And indeed, if Gubrats was in charge we wouldn't be in this situation, which is something to think about. 

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

It isnt really true though is it? 

Unless a committee makes a decision now we have 11 teams. 

I think I can confidently state that Gubrats doesn't want this situation. And indeed, if Gubrats was in charge we wouldn't be in this situation, which is something to think about. 

No I don't enjoy this situation , it's about the last thing we need right now 

And yes if they'd done what I suggested then things might have been different , might not , but we'll never know , it may well have given David Argyle time to find short term cash investors and put together a more realistic squad to play through the 2021 season with a chance of avoiding relegation 

6 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Toulouse are more likely to have decent crowds back next year than M62 clubs, to be fair. They have solid financial backing, a top notch ground, decent squad with juniors and they already pay travel costs. 

They tick plenty of boxes.

Toulouse attract very little fans. Wolfpack get bigger crowds but they do have the grassroots

1 minute ago, Themusician_2 said:

Toulouse attract very little fans. Wolfpack get bigger crowds but they do have the grassroots

They’ll grow, same as Catalans, particularly at that stadium. I daresay the merged Catalans-St Esteve club didn’t get 10k before they entered Super League.

14 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

They’ll grow, same as Catalans, particularly at that stadium. I daresay the merged Catalans-St Esteve club didn’t get 10k before they entered Super League.

Their fans didn't show any interest in last year's Play Offs. 

11 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

True but I'm just saying people saw the crowd that toulouse olympique got when they played their first game at Stade toulousains stadium and make it seem as if they get those crowds week in week out. Far from it. Toulouse get similar crowds to featherstone the team that expansionist love to attack. We'll see if they improve now that they made a permanent move to Stade wallon.

12 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Their fans didn't show any interest in last year's Play Offs. 

yep toulouse doesn't have the rugby league tradition the perpignan region has. They in a similar position to toronto they need other sports fans. Here's an article on the struggles to get rugby league started up in toulouse(https://surlatouche.fr/la-naissance-du-rugby-xiii-toulouse/)

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Easily, especially when Toronto are rejected next month, these pages will be awash with all those who will never watch the game again. 

Similar to those who’ll never watch if P&R is scrapped ?

Archived