The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

Just now, Eddie said:

I can’t be ar5ed to trawl back through the last 25 pages of people saying the same things and nobody changing their polarised opinion, so apologies if it’s been said before but does anyone know when SL are due to revisit and make a decision on this? 

Meeting of some form scheduled for Friday. No idea if it’s the meeting where a decision is made or not. 

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Meeting of some form scheduled for Friday. No idea if it’s the meeting where a decision is made or not. 

Elstone just doesn't know what to do, Elstone just doesn't know what to do, Elstone just doesn't know what to do.

He is like Chicken Little with the sky falling down.

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

Just another example of the Wolfpack being on the leading edge of sports technology...SL has alot to learn and emulate from the Wolfpack.

True, but shame they haven't been on the leading edge of paying people on time throughout their time, before Covid-19 hit.  Or repaying fans for tickets when TWP have already got the customers' money from Ticketmaster. 

10 minutes ago, PhilCarrington said:

True, but shame they haven't been on the leading edge of paying people on time throughout their time, before Covid-19 hit.  Or repaying fans for tickets when TWP have already got the customers' money from Ticketmaster. 

It will all get cleared up Phil once we are allowed back in....don't worry your little head about it...it will all work out in the end.

1 hour ago, briggyq said:

Yes all those many unpaid bills and the like,but let’s blame COVID eh?

It's called the straw that broke the camel's back.

31 minutes ago, PhilCarrington said:

Come the end of the season there'll probably be several teams struggling to pay their bills (and not just SBW).

And as far as unpaid bills does anyone actually know who these older creditors are? Have any gone public and said TWP owes us this much since 20xx? 

7 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

Come the end of the season there'll probably be several teams struggling to pay their bills (and not just SBW).

And as far as unpaid bills does anyone actually know who these older creditors are? Have any gone public and said TWP owes us this much since 20xx? 

Many clubs will be in trouble at the end of the season if not already...we wish them all well and hope for the best.  Of course, it will all get twisted and the focus will be on TWP and how the 'foreigner' caused all of this trouble.

2 minutes ago, binosh said:

This guy is delusional.

Folks, like yourself, said the same when I predicted the Wolfpack would easily defeat the Rhinos on their first clash and then guess what happened?

12 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

LiVolsi has said that he is owed money, players, staff, Salford (unless that has been settled) the two Canadian broadcast companies that have taken legal action,

LiVolsi said more were claiming every week.

14 hours ago, Kayakman said:

I think everyone would agree that Sonny Bill knows League.

He knows League inside out and the old SBW would've been fine, at TWP he's there for very different reasons. roles and resposibilities. He was on the pitch far too long for his level of effectiveness now. He's one of the few athletes yawn didn't have a detrimental effect on but then again it would never have helped. Those that like both sports seem to understand the difference the differences make hardly at all.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

Elstone just doesn't know what to do, Elstone just doesn't know what to do, Elstone just doesn't know what to do.

I think you're wrong. I think Elstone knows exactly what to do. He may need some others to make it happen

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

So how do we pick him out from all the posters on threads ?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

19 hours ago, Quolls2020 said:

https://www.totalrl.com/wolfpack-face-crucial-week/

Toronto Wolfpack will submit their revised application to Super League on Friday as the club prepares to learn its fate in the next fortnight.

After being given a four-week extension to work on their submission, the Wolfpack will lodge their application on Friday.

Prospective owner Carlo LiVolsi has had more input into the latest bid, which has been focused on financial forecasts and Covid contingency plans at the request of Super League.

Yes, reading this article it didn't sound as if LiVolsi would actually be making the presentation personally, as we had been led to believe. Without knowing any of the actual facts my impression is of a detailed but half-hearted submission.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Yes, reading this article it didn't sound as if LiVolsi would actually be making the presentation personally, as we had been led to believe. Without knowing any of the actual facts my impression is of a detailed but half-hearted submission.

He’ll be a busy man, no need for him to fly over to the UK necessarily, especially in these strange times. 

24 minutes ago, Eddie said:

He’ll be a busy man, no need for him to fly over to the UK necessarily, especially in these strange times. 

He doesn't need to fly over. I hear rumours of some special magic technology that allows people to see and talk with each other without being in the same room. Or is it just witchcraft?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

23 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

He doesn't need to fly over. I hear rumours of some special magic technology that allows people to see and talk with each other without being in the same room. Or is it just witchcraft?

Sorcery I tell you!

36 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

When you said personally I thought you meant in person, my bad. 

1 hour ago, PhilCarrington said:

Let's see how that claim works out...

Sadly Kayakman lots of other TWP promises on payments have been broken over the last 4 years.

That is a sad truth Phil and one we are trying to correct at the moment....we must not forget that many good things happened too.

36 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

That is a sad truth Phil and one we are trying to correct at the moment....we must not forget that many good things happened too.

That all seems to be forgotten, hasn't it?

1 minute ago, Quolls2020 said:

Certainly useful for tracking where their players have gone....or are going.

Your positive criticisms and 'can do' attitude permeates throughout your posts...ATTA BOY!

Archived