The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

31 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

The world is full of experts , doing stuff they aren't experts at ?

And the experts are doing such a magnificent job we leave them to it??

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hi CR, you start of using your head with a good summing up, then you let your heart takeover, who do you think they will beat?

As it stands right now they could beat Hull KR and Wakefield..if they improve as expected add three or four more to the list, probably Huddersfield, Salford...I'm not putting Catalans in there though.

2 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

As it stands right now they could beat Hull KR and Wakefield..if they improve as expected add three or four more to the list, probably Huddersfield, Salford...I'm not putting Catalans in there though.

They need to beat Hull KR both games they play them.  They also need to beat Hudds and Wakefield.  Near the business end of the season, they will need to steal a couple of games against the top half of the table.  

Long season, 23 games left.  They need to win 10 or 11 of those IMO to avoid the drop.

I also don't think teams will travel well at all to Lamport.

3 minutes ago, CanadianRugger said:

They need to beat Hull KR both games they play them.  They also need to beat Hudds and Wakefield.  Near the business end of the season, they will need to steal a couple of games against the top half of the table.  

Long season, 23 games left.  They need to win 10 or 11 of those IMO to avoid the drop.

Hull KR and Wakefield are both not strong..I don't know how many they will win...both can't play for a full 80 but are sort of at the same level/quality as Toronto currently.  Toronto needs to improve now.  I think they will only probably need to win 8 games total to stay up.

6 minutes ago, CanadianRugger said:

If all fails, the Arrows are going well.

1 hour ago, RobertAM said:

but increasing the cap sufficiently to close the gap to RU to me would be a good strategic move..right now

Yes but it would make a level playing field but as we don't have one now, so what!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

16 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Hull KR and Wakefield are both not strong..I don't know how many they will win...both can't play for a full 80 but are sort of at the same level/quality as Toronto currently.  Toronto needs to improve now.  I think they will only probably need to win 8 games total to stay up.

Wakefield have some influential players to come back into their line up, I don't  expect them to be the pushovers you consider them to be. 

Today Salford 12 - 22 Wakefield.

13 minutes ago, Keith989 said:

If all fails, the Arrows are going well.

Really spoiled in TO right now with Rugby.  I hope TWP and Arrows both do real well.  There are some good things happening in the Americas in both codes right now, need to keep the momentum up!

They have to win some away games to keep clear of relegation. Remember they have played Saints, Cas and Wakey in a couple of weeks that are classed as home games for Toronto.They have also lost to Salford.I have no idea who their loop games are against but they desperately need to steer clear of Wigan, Saints and Leeds.It is early days yet obviously but they would need at least 14 points in my humble opinion to steer clear of bottom place.Where are they going to get them. Possibly H,K.R  who they will need to beat at least twice, maybe Salford at home, possibly Wakey at home,maybe Hudds. at home.The home ground at Lamport will hold no fears for the top 4 or 5 . The ground will be a lot faster which will suit the better players so Toronto will find it very difficult to beat any of the top 5 even at home.At the end of the day Toronto are still basically a Championship side with the current players. How do they improve this team with no money on the cap left? Very,very difficult for them I am afraid. I hope to be proved wrong but to me it is looking a very daunting task for them

5 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

I hope to be proved wrong but to me it is looking a very daunting task for them

Their best hope may be some sides don’t send their best players to play on the Toronto plastic pitch, much like Saints did with London. Then again, Saints could afford to do that because they were so dominant. May not be the case this year.

Besides, I wonder if the Lamport effect for away sides will be more pronounced for their following week’s game. As you say, many sides will have few problems playing on a plastic pitch. 

22 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

They have to win some away games to keep clear of relegation. Remember they have played Saints, Cas and Wakey in a couple of weeks that are classed as home games for Toronto.They have also lost to Salford.I have no idea who their loop games are against but they desperately need to steer clear of Wigan, Saints and Leeds.It is early days yet obviously but they would need at least 14 points in my humble opinion to steer clear of bottom place.Where are they going to get them. Possibly H,K.R  who they will need to beat at least twice, maybe Salford at home, possibly Wakey at home,maybe Hudds. at home.The home ground at Lamport will hold no fears for the top 4 or 5 . The ground will be a lot faster which will suit the better players so Toronto will find it very difficult to beat any of the top 5 even at home.At the end of the day Toronto are still basically a Championship side with the current players. How do they improve this team with no money on the cap left? Very,very difficult for them I am afraid. I hope to be proved wrong but to me it is looking a very daunting task for them

AHA!  But you fail to mention our secret weapon....THE RUGBY GODS!

Kayakman, I have been around to long to believe in fairy tales. You generally get what you deserve in team games. You win together,you lose together, if you think the Rugby gods will help you they will certainly be helping other teams. At the seasons end the league table does not lie . Toronto will finish where they deserve to.After 27 games they will have nobody to blame but themselves if they do not manage to stay out of 12th positionAs I have posted before I sincerely hope they do manage to stay up but the will definitely need to strengthen this present side, how do they do that is the question with no cap space.

2 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Kayakman, I have been around to long to believe in fairy tales. You generally get what you deserve in team games. You win together,you lose together, if you think the Rugby gods will help you they will certainly be helping other teams. At the seasons end the league table does not lie . Toronto will finish where they deserve to.After 27 games they will have nobody to blame but themselves if they do not manage to stay out of 12th positionAs I have posted before I sincerely hope they do manage to stay up but the will definitely need to strengthen this present side, how do they do that is the question with no cap space.

OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH!

2 hours ago, fairfolly said:

Oh, I have plenty of faith Kayakman, my problem is I try to be realistic and not a dreamer. Maybe I should change and move over to your way of thinking. Trouble is I am to long in the tooth now to change habits of a lifetime.

The cup is always half full..even a quarter full sometimes.  You are never too old to look at the clouds and see things....never too old for that.

7 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

I posted ' quantify '  , the tablet changed it 

So you mean as long as they can afford it , no matter how ?

No I mean a team that has financial stability can spend within its limits. If it posts profits then it can spend more. The current system simply levels the playing field by hurting players ability to earn a good wage. You only play the sport professional for 10-15 years so should be able to maximize earning potential in that time.

2 hours ago, North but south said:

Surely letting a team keep being bankrolled by a Rich owner is a dangerous idea.

Who do you ask the ones with one or the clubs who haven't got one?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived