Sam Hopkins

Carlisle1921

Cant do out about anybody who doesnt want to play for Town . Just lets focus on the ones that do . . All them  Players  Penky Hopkins and if rumours are true Tickle . Sign for Rochdale . At the end of the season they will have to rebuild .because they will be to old .  Where Town with all the youngsters  .will be in a far better position . 

13 minutes ago, silverfox said:

Cant do out about anybody who doesnt want to play for Town . Just lets focus on the ones that do . . All them  Players  Penky Hopkins and if rumours are true Tickle . Sign for Rochdale . At the end of the season they will have to rebuild .because they will be to old .  Where Town with all the youngsters  .will be in a far better position . 

Time will tell I guess . I don’t really know what to expect from this season tbh . There’s more unknowns , but then again the tried n tested didn’t work so it’ll be interesting how we go and how Chris puts his stamp on things . I’m not overly confident tbh and will just see how we go and hope we get some early momentum . And I worry about injuries and strength in depth but I guess that’s the game , and the teams who are luckiest in that regard and can absorb them best will prevail . We’re due a change of fortune but then if life was like that ...!

I think I’d rather be where we are now with majority of local lads and hopefully ffmm for a final swansong and Danny Tickle, because the work he did all year was tremendous and he would be a great pro for young lads to learn from. For whatever reason we never really got to see the best of Hopkins, good luck to the lad.

However the season pans out I think we’ll see a committed team who will play some good stuff, whether we’ll have the power in the pack to be serious contenders we’ll have to wait and see.

Agree with you. But if rumours are tru and we do lose tickle. That is a HUGE amount of experience to try and replace. I'm enjoying seeing what CT is doing to the club and have every confidence in his ability as a coach. Just worry about lack of experience when we get to big games vs newcastle, doncaster, barrow etc

26 minutes ago, Town Army said:

Give me Hanley Dawson and Connor Fitzsimmons over Hopkins all day long.

Not breaking news I know , but I was talking to a mate from down that way and he was saying Dawson and O ‘ Brien are just outstanding . Brilliant signings for us he said 

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

I don’t really know what to expect from this season tbh

I am seeing  it as a rebuilding  season.  After sunday I think theres a few components still to add. That may change in the next few weeks but as it stands it's a squad building and development season I.M O

14 minutes ago, town4me said:

I am seeing  it as a rebuilding  season.  After sunday I think theres a few components still to add. That may change in the next few weeks but as it stands it's a squad building and development season I.M O

Aye that’s fair enough at present . Someone rightly mentioned committed before and it seems Chris is valuing that and pulling together with hard work above all else , which is fair enough , and he’s got a bit of a clean slate to work with so I’m looking forward to seeing how he moulds the side and how they take to what he wants 

We played sunday without our first choice hookers and still nearly pulled it out of the bad, Blaine did well.

With regards to hopkins he wasnt interested once Toronto didnt want him and came up with his pal penky for a pay cheque unfortunatly and didnt get to those heights he had previously had which was unfortunate as he would have surly been our number 8 now.

I trust thorman will be scouring the market for a prop or 2 as he has been bang on so far for me and I think we will take some beating.

Hope tickle stays also but if he needs to be closer to home and cant committ hist like bug Perry let him go with our best wishes.

12 hours ago, town4me said:

Totally agree.

This squad will compete but may just lack experience in the bigger games but Chris is putting in place players with the right attitude and ability that are young enough to be with our club for many years to come.

Archived