Buying tickets for away games

If anyone hasn't heard, clubs now receive 20% of the proceeds of any tickets sold for away games. Given we have a strong away support, this seems a no-brainer for anyone supporting Fev away to buy tickets from the club, especially as the club have said they can be ordered by phone and posted out for those who can't make it into the shop.

As an example of how this would help the club - if the club sold, say, 400 tickets for an away game at £20 each, Fev would receive £1600, that adds up to over £22,000 over the 14 away games in a season. Even 200 tickets would bring in over £11k, and we usually take a lot more fans away than that. Whereas if you just pay on the gate on the day the entire £20 goes to the home team.

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

428 Fev fans have bought tickets for Batley according to our Twitter account. That's £1,225.60 income for the club, or nearly £16,000 over the season if replicated at each away game.

Decent start I reckon. Presumably this will also be working in reverse, so we'll loose a percentage of sales made when we're at home, but over the season I'd expect this to be a potential upside for us. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

3 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Decent start I reckon. Presumably this will also be working in reverse, so we'll loose a percentage of sales made when we're at home, but over the season I'd expect this to be a potential upside for us. 

For sure and a good point, but it definitely favours us overall the way we have travelled in numbers lately. Leigh always bring a few but there are five or six teams who will probably struggle to bring more than about 50 to our place you'd think and even Bradford didn't bring that many last year.

Archived