Bulls at Rams

spanishknight

Just got home , we were very poor no standout performers today , long old season ahead if this was anything to go by , also a farcical end to the game as the ref who never got a grip called it off after 71 mins because he had lost total control by then  ..by the the way bulls won 6   to    4 ..???

Two york players went off unclear if was a sin bin or red for Johnston  has ref had both cards out. York ended with 11 men even though game ended two minutes after. Kear and ford both looked relieved way was going if want that do it start preseason where bans count to other friendlies now, if any be banned it'll take effect when we play each other in the league. 

I've watched sport for more than 60 years, and never take too much notice of pre season 'friendlies', as most teams use them to try out various systems, players etc., and have relatively little bearing on what will happen during the season. Having said that, it is disappointing to have players sent off, and if any players are suspended, then I believe this will kick in the week after the disciplinary hearing and players will be available for Toulouse, but will miss the following week, when we play Bradford. Funnily enough when Josh Johnson scored at Odsal two seasons ago, Kear was up in arms because Josh had been sent off the week before and in his opinion should not have been playing. Doubt he'll moan if Connor is banned now.

Also is Kear moaning about the game finishing early, after all didn't he suggest the hooter went early when the Knights won at Bootham Crescent last season?

29 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

I've watched sport for more than 60 years, and never take too much notice of pre season 'friendlies', as most teams use them to try out various systems, players etc., and have relatively little bearing on what will happen during the season. Having said that, it is disappointing to have players sent off, and if any players are suspended, then I believe this will kick in the week after the disciplinary hearing and players will be available for Toulouse, but will miss the following week, when we play Bradford. Funnily enough when Josh Johnson scored at Odsal two seasons ago, Kear was up in arms because Josh had been sent off the week before and in his opinion should not have been playing. Doubt he'll moan if Connor is banned now.

Also is Kear moaning about the game finishing early, after all didn't he suggest the hooter went early when the Knights won at Bootham Crescent last season?

JK hasn't said anything about the game ending early.

John Kear: We asked for a positive reaction to what happened last week and we got it. We saw effort, endeavour and desire in both halves today. It was a tough, tight game against York and we stood toe to toe with them. The young players in the second half were first class.

It’s been a really heartening day for me personally. Some of the enthusiasm in our last-ditch defence to keep York out was fantastic. We were hurting after that performance against Dewsbury last week and made our defence the number one priority today

Personally I think we could have been a bit more savvy with this fixture. 6 days before we play Toulouse away we should of either played a League 1 side on the Saturday or even looked at making an extended trip to France if feasible and playing 1 friendly against an Elite 1 league side or similar even if shorter game on the Tuesday or something. Although Fordy has put positive spin on it by saying they will take the positives out of it, even an optimistic coach has got to be struggling on that one.    

21 hours ago, Nearenough said:

What a shambles. Pre season has certainly helped stop any over optimism as regards the coming season.

How we turn things around in 6 days for our biggest test of the season I'm not sure. 

I certainly wouldn't call it a shambles,we still look strong defensively,but we to score more points which Fordy has acknowledged in the press and the Championship is as is going to be tougher than last season as many teams know what the Knights are about now.

Loads of errors again, several tries missed that should have been scored, a load o fights, 60w bulbs in t'floodlghts, connor now missing our first home game. all just 6 days b4 a trip to france. In my book thats a shambles.

I agree our preseason fixtures were all wrong. We should not be playing teams from the same league in a friendly pre season and we should not have played last weekend at all.

2 hours ago, Nearenough said:

Loads of errors again, several tries missed that should have been scored, a load o fights, 60w bulbs in t'floodlghts, connor now missing our first home game. all just 6 days b4 a trip to france. In my book thats a shambles.

I agree our preseason fixtures were all wrong. We should not be playing teams from the same league in a friendly pre season and we should not have played last weekend at all.

If anything if Connor does get a ban it will be against Bradford it will start from. The RFL have only just decided on games play on Week 18/01/2020 - 22/01/2020 (https://www.rugby-league.com/the_rfl/disciplinary) and if anything if he gets a 1 match ban probably not the end of the world as if he plays Kear will have it in his game plan to hit him after every possible moment to try and provoke a reaction.

Didn't go the game so can't comment on any niggly stuff during the match but just watched the last 5 minutes of the match or so on Bradford's YouTube and it is hard to defend Connors red card.

Flops on the man on the ground with a swinging arm, lays on for an age (words may be said at this point), then gets up and starts throwing punches. 

Archived