• Keighley Cougars
    • London Skolars
    • Newcastle Thunder
    • North Wales Crusaders
    • Rochdale Hornets
    • West Wales Raiders
    • Workington Town

22 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Got a feeling in my water Rhino's signings are going to come good and they will be up there

Broncos are going to smash up the Championship and gallop across the line 

Yeah, I can see it being a very emotional year at the Rhinos and they could use that as a platform for positioning themselves well for a successful playoff run.

21 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Got a feeling in my water Rhino's signings are going to come good and they will be up there

Broncos are going to smash up the Championship and gallop across the line 

Agreed although this season I think Toulouse will be the other main contender looking at their squad, if they keep the squad fit the likes of Junior VaiVai, Mark Kheirallah, Johnathon Ford and Jy Hitchcox have a squad to match. Personally I think it the top 5 (as a York Knights fan will be) 1) Toulouse 2) London 3) Leigh 4) Featherstone 5) York. In the Championship I would be happy to be in the top 5 again but I don't think we have enough to compete with the other sides yet, although you never know

I really think Wigan will come good this year but my conscience wouldn't let me bring myself to vote for them. It'll be Wigan, Saints and Wire at the top with the rest of the pack tracking relatively evenly imo. I'm yet to be convinced by Leeds for this season but am hopeful of a top half of the table finish.

As for the championship, Fev, Toulouse and London will be the top teams, with Leigh, York and maybe Bradford and Sheffield challenging those other spots. I don't think Toulouse will get a better chance for a while at promotion and hope they go big this year.

I've gone for Newcastle for promotion from L1 as I have for the past 3 years lol! A truly wide open competition from all but the bottom 4.

How I see the campionship in response to Serious RL predictions:-

I think Oldham and Haven will go straight back down and that will be established pretty quick meaning 4 teams above them probably have nothing to play for a good few games before the end of the season. 

I think they have the next 4 right(Swinton, Bradford, Dewsbury, and Batley) but no idea of what order. Swinton seem to have a habit of winning games where as Bradford will struggle with their wafer thin squad and will be in that group of 4. I don't think Dewsbury or Batley have signed that well outside of Shaun Lunt or at least not well enough to have any impact on the top 8.

The group of 3 above with Widnes, Fax, and Sheffield probably have top 5 ambitions and one of those could sneak in to the top 5 but I doubt any have realistic top 3 ambitions. The top 5 to pick the order is tough. For me I think Fev will top the league, on paper have a very good squad backed up by DR from Leeds. Im going for Toulouse second as they are good every year and its tough for teams to go over there but like every year it will be their away form that dictates if they can top the league. Ive gone York next again as I think they have signed shrewdly and will want to kick on from last season. London next as they have lost a lot of players but still look strong and then Leigh in 5th as they have not signed as strong as everyone thought they would do.

That top 5 though could really be in any order but I think out of the top 5 if 2 were to suprisingly miss out on the top 5 it would be Leigh and London although York do have a bit of pressure on them after last season and won't be going under the radar.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made those predictions before the last round of friendlies. After playing York at the weekend I must say I expected more from them and in my opinion I now put them as one of the teams that could miss out on the top 5. I now see Fev and Toulouse needing a disaterous season to miss the top 5 where as the other 3 mentioned could easily slip. Out of the top 8 Im predicting that Leigh will have the most disappointed supporters come the end of the season.

Saints for the lot. Think Toronto will finish 5th or 6th.

Championship:  Widnes to cause a few surprises 

League 1 The  Newcastle love affair on here will be rewarded as they hopefully are promoted..

NRL.  Parramatta 

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

5 hours ago, HarrogateKnights said:

Agreed although this season I think Toulouse will be the other main contender looking at their squad, if they keep the squad fit the likes of Junior VaiVai, Mark Kheirallah, Johnathon Ford and Jy Hitchcox have a squad to match. Personally I think it the top 5 (as a York Knights fan will be) 1) Toulouse 2) London 3) Leigh 4) Featherstone 5) York. In the Championship I would be happy to be in the top 5 again but I don't think we have enough to compete with the other sides yet, although you never know

I'm going to the Neets game this year (one of 4 penned away games) .... Looking forward to seeing the new stadium.... Then out boozing in Toffs with the missus (or whatever is called now) 

Yep I have Tolouse as our foes in tje final.. Kheirellah and Ford are guns... Though I have a feeling Bulls may rise this year

12 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I'm going to the Neets game this year (one of 4 penned away games) .... Looking forward to seeing the new stadium.... Then out boozing in Toffs with the missus (or whatever is called now) 

Yep I have Tolouse as our foes in tje final.. Kheirellah and Ford are guns... Though I have a feeling Bulls may rise this year

Excellent glad to hear you are making the trip up. It is scheduled to be the opening game at the new season as far as Rugby League is concerned. We are really looking forward to getting in there and think it is fitting to have quality opponents to open the season there. Yeah the Bulls will be there or there abouts it's a tight league as even the established clubs didn't have it their own way last year which was great to see. 

I am excited and hopeful for a great Hull FC season.  I think it will be a 2nd half of the season charge and dependant on a) Connor delivering to his potential and b) our patience with the ball improving.

If we get ‘a’ then that could knock also on to the England team.  IMO the stand off position really is up for grabs.

On 24/01/2020 at 18:21, The Blues Ox said:

T

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made those predictions before the last round of friendlies. After playing York at the weekend I must say I expected more from them and in my opinion I now put them as one of the teams that could miss out on the top 5. I now see Fev and Toulouse needing a disaterous season to miss the top 5 where as the other 3 mentioned could easily slip. Out of the top 8 Im predicting that Leigh will have the most disappointed supporters come the end of the season.

Still it could be worse being a Fax fan ?

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

On 24/01/2020 at 18:21, The Blues Ox said:

Out of the top 8 Im predicting that Leigh will have the most disappointed supporters come the end of the season.

mate that's a gimmee,we have the most disappointed supporters at the end of every season

14 hours ago, Bartholemew Smythe said:

Still it could be worse being a Fax fan ?

The last 8 years have been one big disappointment unless you count making the 8's and not winning a game, to some people that is a success. ??

Seriously though after last season where we expected so much, this season would have to be a total disaster to top it and we still cling to the hope that every year where there has been no expectations we seem to do pretty well.

Archived