A J Bell Stadium

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mr Plow said:

No it’s not, what did people think at the time of it being built though? To say it’s only just started breaking even after 8 or so years is concerning

Its not even a good venue its unnaturally cold, soulless, hassle to reach and pay in, over aggressive security staff, sky high costs for snacks and refreshments, bad views of the pitch in a lot of areas.  No at all family friendly, geared up for a drinking culture.

1 minute ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

Its not even a good venue its unnaturally cold, soulless, hassle to reach and pay in, over aggressive security staff, sky high costs for snacks and refreshments, bad views of the pitch in a lot of areas.  No at all family friendly, geared up for a drinking culture.

Do you work for Salfords commercial department?

15 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Who owns it?

"City of Salford community stadium ltd"

Good news for Salford though! In 2018 it was valued at 6.5 million by independent evaluators - so if the council decides to sell it they won't be paying the 31!

2 hours ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

Its not even a good venue its unnaturally cold, soulless, hassle to reach and pay in, over aggressive security staff, sky high costs for snacks and refreshments, bad views of the pitch in a lot of areas.  No at all family friendly, geared up for a drinking culture

Sadly, I have to agree. Ive been in the 3 concrete smaller stands (not the large all seater yet) for both RL and RU....

Traffic is mental trying to come off the M60, parked behind a church. Walked 10 mins - obviously thats fine.

Sadly, no atmosphere inside the ground. Perhaps because any noise escapes outside the disjointed sides.

It was freeeeeezing last week when I went to my first RU game (free ticket btw and possibly the worst game of Rugby Ive ever seen).

Just an observation - perhaps they made the large all seater stand too large, and should have made the whole ground more in ratio to each other.

If as a previous poster says the stadium is only valued at 6.5m then why are Salford Council further increasing the debt to the taxpayer?

If the council wants the stadium to succeed why not buy it at the valuation price. Cheaper in the long run 

I'm not a SRD fan , in fact I loathe them but even they must see the foolishness of this bottomless money pit 

4 minutes ago, gandalf said:

If as a previous poster says the stadium is only valued at 6.5m then why are Salford Council further increasing the debt to the taxpayer?

If the council wants the stadium to succeed why not buy it at the valuation price. Cheaper in the long run 

I'm not a SRD fan , in fact I loathe them but even they must see the foolishness of this bottomless money pit 

I believe the council are part owners of the company that own the stadium. You can see why Wakefield Council aren’t keen to build a stadium for Wakey or Cas, if it’s poorly planned and executed it’s a costly business.

From Wikipedia 

Salford City Council formed a joint venture company with Peel Group[1] to develop and deliver the £16 million stadium,[3] which is part of the a £26 million development

1 hour ago, gandalf said:

The willows should never have been sold, just upgraded 

Wasn't the money needed by someone to pay someone else off?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

12 hours ago, The British Lion said:

Just an observation - perhaps they made the large all seater stand too large, and should have made the whole ground more in ratio to each other.

Yeah I think they got the layout badly wrong. Problem is all the hospitality is in the main stand which is why it’s so big. The location is a problem but there’s not much they could do about that. I mean where else could they have realistically built it? 

15 hours ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

8,500 turned up for Sale's last home game on 3rd January. Are they a bit tougher than RL fans then? Maybe they turn the heating on for the union.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Archived