A J Bell Stadium

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Said shopping centre has a motorway junction designed to deal with a large volume of cars. The junction nearest to the AJ Bell is very much not designed with that in mind, nor the junction and traffic lights immediately closest to the stadium. 

you can use either J11 for the A57 which you get stuck in a little bit of congestion, not the end of the world but can drag a little. alternatively use J10 for the trafford centre and either park at the Ski slope and walk across or alternatively carry on over the new bridge and park nearer the stadium. 

Regardless though its a 15min walk from the Trafford centre so if you have to park there it isnt the nightmare that everyone makes out. 

I find parking at St Helens much more difficult.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, WSRD said:

After the initial first season at the AJ Bell I have got used to the new stadium, family have seats in the West Stand with an excellent view for all of us, some tall some not so tall.

We used to have car park season tickets, but now park off site and walk a short distance to the ground, the stadium is operated far more efficiently than the first season and the access and ingress is much better, the Supporters Trust puts on a bus from near the Willows site, there is still more on site parking at the AJ Bell than many if not all the Superleague grounds and you might get the odd cold night but at least you are under cover and not wet through.

The facilities are good and improvements are being made all the time, I was one of the stadium company’s biggest critics initially but they have listened and from what I have heard they are still listening.

I live in Salford and I can get there quicker than I could get to the Willows but we have  a few minutes walk to the ground, I loved the Willows but we have moved on now and funnily enough last season there wasn’t much criticism over the ground from the fans that watched the games there but there was still some criticism from people who judging from there comments had never actually been to the ground in the first place.

Good for you WSRD, your honest (positive) comments are like a breath of fresh air in here. Keep up the good work. 

4 hours ago, To Be Confirmed said:

People say that its a nightmare to get to yet is adjacent to once of the largest shopping centers in the northwest which doesnt seem to struggle in attracting footfall. there is on site parking which whilst not ideal is still there, parking options exist at Barton Aerodrome, in peel green and Beyond (formally the Chill Factor) which is a 15min walk. 

I have to drive a long way for my Rugby fix and we didn't go to Salford last season. Before then we parked at Eccles ARLFC. Easy to find and get away from, a swift pint, a 10 minute walk to the ground and your money helps a local club.

What's not to like? 

Archived