coronavirus

1 minute ago, ckn said:

There's a good run of clinical thought I've read that Italy testing everyone with symptoms early has snipped an even bigger problem. I can only really hope that it doesn't backfire massively on us limiting testing as we have.

There are a large number in Denmark who are staying in as they are unwell. There extreme Government measures have made people take it seriously.

The big box super markets are empty, but the equivalents of Tesco Metros and local stores are stocked.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No doubt a lot of this is down to testing.  South Korea has an extremely low death rate so far because they've tested so many and caught the more minor cases. Italy's high death rate would suggest there are a lot more going undiagnosed even taking into account that their population is slightly older.

Countries where few tests are being performed might be keeping their figures down for now but ultimately it will lead to more undiagnosed passing the virus on and months down the line more deaths.

50 minutes ago, SSoutherner said:

I think we can safely say any country who does not have a free press or who has expensive healthcare (comparative to earnings) will be under reporting 

Oh agreed... but the numbers I was told where massively larger; took me really by surprise. China will no doubt be the same...

Morrisons rationing products:

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/18300864.panic-buying-items-morrisons-limiting/

The maximum purchase list is as follows:

Hand sanitisers x 2

Hand wash x 4

Bar soap x 4

Baby milk x 4

Bleach x 6

Air care x 6

Cleaners x 6

Toilet roll and tissues x 2

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

4 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Morrisons rationing products:

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/18300864.panic-buying-items-morrisons-limiting/

The maximum purchase list is as follows:

Hand sanitisers x 2

Hand wash x 4

Bar soap x 4

Baby milk x 4

Bleach x 6

Air care x 6

Cleaners x 6

Toilet roll and tissues x 2

I think we'll see a lot of folk with skin issues from hand sanitisers and bleach!

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I was in Morrisons on Tuesday and they were already restricting things. The cashier was explaining to the woman in front of me that she would have to take some of what she was buying off of her because it was restricted. The woman behind me suddenly panicked, looked at her six bottles of wine, and leant over to ask "Wine isn't restricted is it?"

2 minutes ago, fevtom said:

I was in Morrisons on Tuesday and they were already restricting things. The cashier was explaining to the woman in front of me that she would have to take some of what she was buying off of her because it was restricted. The woman behind me suddenly panicked, looked at her six bottles of wine, and leant over to ask "Wine isn't restricted is it?"

I have some strong whisky that's not a huge distance off the percentage of alcohol needed to be an anti-viral. I will bulk buy some more to ensure I have enough.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

4 minutes ago, fevtom said:

Quite rightly, in times of adversity get your priorities right??

17 minutes ago, ckn said:

I have some strong whisky that's not a huge distance off the percentage of alcohol needed to be an anti-viral. I will bulk buy some more to ensure I have enough.

i have some Woods100 Rum that is close and also a bottle of Admiral Vernons Tikki Fire rum which is 151 proof whatever that is in %

Just been told at work that here in Norway any foreign workers (estimated at around 30,000) who entered the country in the past 14 days will be stopped from working and quarentined. 

Rumours are Norway is also on the verge of doing a "Slovakia" and not allowing international flights to arrive. 

Looks like I'm here for the long haul ?

Just waiting for the situation to be made clear but two meetings are at this moment taking place at our work site to look at the options available. 

1 minute ago, yanto said:

Just been told at work that here in Norway any foreign workers (estimated at around 30,000) who entered the country in the past 14 days will be stopped from working and quarentined. 

Rumours are Norway is also on the verge of doing a "Slovakia" and not allowing international flights to arrive. 

Looks like I'm here for the long haul ?

Just waiting for the situation to be made clear but two meetings are at this moment taking place at our work site to look at the options available. 

Do you have a large amount of stock piled booze?...if so you'll be Okay.

2 minutes ago, Jayme2020 said:

Many expect the NHL to suspend the season for at least 60 days.

Hopefully this all gets cleared up before we bring our boys home for the opener.

Archived