coronavirus

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Shadow said:

I'm already planning on using Covid-19 as my excuse for not taking my mother out for lunch next sunday

Here's where you can take her to REALLY feel loved. The M4 Junction 10 Holiday Inn.

image.png

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Football called off for a fortnight. England cricket tour cancelled. Unless RFL and Superleague follow suit, this could give our game a great boost by extra television coverage.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

35 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Football called off for a fortnight. England cricket tour cancelled. Unless RFL and Superleague follow suit, this could give our game a great boost by extra television coverage.

NRL to go behind closed doors after Round 1. Of course, even that could change by the end of the weekend.

In other news, my employers have confirmed that we will all be working from home from now on, until we see what develops.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

41 minutes ago, YCKonstantine said:

163 cases last Friday, now 798. 

Nice.

And remember that we've not been testing people outside of hospital admitted patients since Wednesday.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I was sat in an Italian cafe in Harrogate this morning with 3 other people and the owner talking about Coronavirus. In walks this fella and over hearing our convo declares he's been told to go home due to the virus as he has a sore throat. "Kevin" I asked "why are you in here and not at home?".  "I feel fine," he says. No amount of shaming this tool would get him to put down his latte and go home.

So folks we're getting it regardless, as there's too many numpties about.

On the plus side at least we'll have good immunity for when it mutates and comes back next winter.

4 hours ago, ckn said:

Here's where you can take her to REALLY feel loved. The M4 Junction 10 Holiday Inn.

image.png

Can i just point out that is even closer than my house to Willowbank Primary which was shut for a deep clean after a teacher returned form Italy with it. Also it is basically on an industrial estate with a view of either the countries most pathetic motorway (A329M), flooded water pasture or the Waterloo line

https://goo.gl/maps/6oZ84QP6Sio8mCUY7

4 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Apparently french and scottish RFU have halted all Union inc age grade and training as well

London Marathon postponed until October. My daughter will be delighted as she's in it and has done zero training.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

3 hours ago, ckn said:

And remember that we've not been testing people outside of hospital admitted patients since Wednesday.

Aside for research purposes, understanding the travel of the disease, and perhaps giving certainty to the majority of us who are likely to get relatively mild symptoms (assuming other outbreaks ring true for our turn), is there anything lost by redirecting testing resources to where they are needed the most, ie in a hospital situation when missing the presence of Covid 19 could be fatal (and also problematic from a staffing POV if too many staff fall ill)?  I mean I can't say I feel a sense of loss at not knowing for certain that I have Covid 19 as opposed to one of the bad colds that have been flying around my office since I started in the petri dish that is my place of work (still hot desking) but I was wondering whether there is any actual problem with the re-focus of our testing resources?

Denmark has closed its borders for a month.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

has any one seen a single person on the news with it been interviewed?  since its just a mild form of cold I would have thought there would be loads- no? your been duped, conned and mislead once again for reasons unknown, utter load of hysterical social media moden day  bullux 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

your been duped, conned and mislead once again for reasons unknown, utter load of hysterical social media moden day  bullux 

Da comrade.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

58 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

has any one seen a single person on the news with it been interviewed?  since its just a mild form of cold I would have thought there would be loads- no? your been duped, conned and mislead once again for reasons unknown, utter load of hysterical social media moden day  bullux 

To be clear it effects those who are older or have other medical issues far worse then a cold.

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

has any one seen a single person on the news with it been interviewed?  since its just a mild form of cold I would have thought there would be loads- no? your been duped, conned and mislead once again for reasons unknown, utter load of hysterical social media modren day  bullux 

There was a chap interviewed yesterday who had it and now recovered.  He said flu symptoms were a lot worse - except for the cough.  He said when he coughed it was like he could not get any air into his lungs and couldn't until he stopped coughing.  

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

Here is the link to the guy on the BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51858845?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health&link_location=live-reporting-story

Archived