coronavirus

1 minute ago, SSoutherner said:

CKN question for you

What is the official UK NHS line on Ibuprofen and covid-19

None. If the official line changes, I will post it.

I won't offer any clinical advice on what the media area saying as I'm not a clinician.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

UEFA 2020 moved to 2021 where it will partially overlap with UEFA 2021 (the women's tournament).

All horse racing suspended for six weeks from Wednesday.

All union including training cancelled for min 4 weeks

Daughter played in a ladies testimonial game on Sunday rather than train with her u18 squad as she suspected the closure had just passed 18 and wanted to play with her old school TA before she retired from playing - ended up playing for opposition as at one point just pre kickoff it was 24 vs 7 in terms of player numbers

5 minutes ago, ckn said:

I won't offer any clinical advice on what the media area saying as I'm not a clinician.

fine - i was assuming it was scare stories and that confirms it - if there was a reason to avoid it would be official guidance

Problem solved - my wifes work has just told all that they should pop into office today or tomorrow to collect anything needed for a prolonged work from home event and IT will be on hand if they need extra kit that is already in the office (within reason) so she is taking a machine from the demo room that she knows the spec and configuration of

So i get my pc back

13 minutes ago, SSoutherner said:

fine - i was assuming it was scare stories and that confirms it - if there was a reason to avoid it would be official guidance

Always read the stuff inside the box for Ibuprofin.  I have always taken it for period pains as it's excellent but while it sorts out all manner of pain brilliantly you should never use it long term; it says so on the paper inside the box.  I always read the paper in the box!  I usually end up scaring myself by doing so but better that than doing the wrong thing IMO.

4 minutes ago, YCKonstantine said:

Hypothetical situation.

I start coughing tomorrow, I self isolate, I can't get tested so no idea if it's Covid or not. (Say it isn't)

I go back to work after however long, but in another months time I start coughing again. 

Do I need to self isolate again?

Para 2: You self-isolate for 7 days or until symptoms stop. If you have family at home, they isolate for 14 days.

Para 4: Start again, for this process the first incident didn't happen.

Here's a guide to how this works for families:

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

9 minutes ago, YCKonstantine said:

Hypothetical situation.

I start coughing tomorrow, I self isolate, I can't get tested so no idea if it's Covid or not. (Say it isn't)

I go back to work after however long, but in another months time I start coughing again. 

If you develop a continuous dry cough - as opposed to a phlegmy cough for instance - then I would guess taking time off would be a good idea, particularly if it comes with a temperature.  I would imagine that you will know your cough is unusual as how many people do you hear hacking away while struggling to get their breath?

13 minutes ago, YCKonstantine said:

Hypothetical situation.

that question was asked on bbc news this am of an expert "if we self isolate for 14 days as a member of family has cough and fever and on day 14 another develops it do we need another 14 days" and the answer was "no, cv has an incubation of 7 days give or take a bit, so if someone had it you have all had it asymptotically or wont get it and are not contagious"

8 minutes ago, SSoutherner said:

that question was asked on bbc news this am of an expert "if we self isolate for 14 days as a member of family has cough and fever and on day 14 another develops it do we need another 14 days" and the answer was "no, cv has an incubation of 7 days give or take a bit, so if someone had it you have all had it asymptotically or wont get it and are not contagious"

Its not quite the same, in this case he was saying a month or so apart.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

20 minutes ago, YCKonstantine said:

Hypothetical situation.

My guess is yes.

Without testing you have to presume.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Do you see?

89368967_10156775776051666_5790735050341351424_n.jpg

"Australia is a spoiled nation. They can expect my revenge. I'm not crazy when I say this, they are the crazy ones who give you hot sausages before the match when it's 40 degrees celsius outside."

--------------------------

"Shifty Matty Petersen trying to get in there with a little five-fingered discount." Franklin Field, Philadelphia, 30/11/2004

--------------------------

FourthThird Second Best Statement Ever: Student Ram 02/06/2004 (Without a trace of irony): "... because, when you think about it, really... Wakefield is kind of the centre of the universe. You know, both ways, you've got..."

Followed by a half a minute justification of this point of view.

23 new cases in Singapore. 

We had a good first half and became complacent in the sheds at half time.

People have been travelling around and returning back. People fly a lot here, holidays, conferences, the lot. 17 of the 23 are imported cases... that could be 17 new clusters!

Personally, i've been a tad disappointed in how my work are managing it. We were in split teams and now we're not; complacency!

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

Thanks. Useful and non political. 

This is what the French must do.  Carry this attestation,  in effect self certification, starting at noon on 17th March for 15 days minimum. You are allowed out to go to work if you can't work from home, to food shop, for health reasons , to look after the old and the young, to take part in individual non-team sports and to exercise pets

https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/R55781

Just had an e-mail saying that the Airedale Quiz League is shutting down for the season. The committee is worried that so many players are of senior years that it's not worth the risk of just carrying on.

Can't think who they might be thinking of.

?

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Just been to Asda - never seen a supermarket so empty. Virtually no meat is a first. More shelves empty than with stuff on

Looked at peoples baskets and trolleys as I walked past and no real signs of over-buying, so are Asda's supply chains just unable to stand a bit of extra demand?

There are going to be a lot of canneloni beans and chick peas in 12 months time that no-one has a chuff what to do with them, but bought them anyway

4 hours ago, ckn said:

Pharmacies are starting to run out of paracetamol with people buying everything they can see. $deity wept... Pharmacists are being abused for not allowing people to buy over the over-the-counter selling maximums put in place because paracetamol is deadly in even relatively minor overdoses.

If you are buying more than one or two small boxes of paracetamol to stockpile then you are contributing to people who really need it not getting it.

Now we're seeing pharmacies report zero stock on aspirin because of mass-buying vultures. Some abuse given when pharmacy staff ask people to be reasonable and leave some for folk that really need it.

I have few words suitable for civilised company for these people.

Just now, Smudger06 said:

I'd imagine these panic buying cretins will have spent up / ran out of storage space within the next couple of days. We should have the last 12 days of the month more or less back to normal. 

They’ll get home then pause and think , err, were am I gonna put all this and what did I buy it for ? Times like this you get the best of humanity and the worst of humanity 

1 minute ago, Smudger06 said:

I'd imagine these panic buying cretins will have spent up / ran out of storage space within the next couple of days. We should have the last 12 days of the month more or less back to normal. 

Furthermore I'd expect all major retailers to ramp up their supply chains maximising the amount of time their fleets are on the road and contracting stobbarts etc for extra needed capacity. They're making money so their buyers / purchasers will be resupplying their warehouses from suppliers. 

3 hours ago, SSoutherner said:

CKN question for you

What is the official UK NHS line on Ibuprofen and covid-19

3 hours ago, ckn said:

3 hours ago, SSoutherner said:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-advice/

Seems to be to steer clear of ibuprofen for now. 

7 minutes ago, Dave T said:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-advice/

Seems to be to steer clear of ibuprofen for now. 

It really would be nice if they had some sort of feed like the FCO website that notifies you of any changes... it's bloody annoying for people like me who rely on that for patient advice.

Archived