coronavirus

Just now, LeeF said:

The new scheme is expected to be a version of the SFLG/ EFG scheme. The criteria is, as far as I know, currently being agreed/ finalised. At a guess the business would have had to be viable before Covid19 and expected to be viable once “normality” returns

Any loans made will be guaranteed for 80% by the Government with the lender taking the other 20% of the risk assuming the loan is not repaid

These loans are separate to asking your lender to amend the terms of existing facilities eg increased facilities/ capital holidays etc. If a business needs to discuss these options then they should contact their Bank ASAP

Thank you.

Doesn't lead to many pleasurable scenarios for business owners looking for a light at the end of the long-term tunnel.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ckn said:

Whereas some people deserve to be jailed for profiteering...

Fortunately not everyone. Bayer to donate 3,000,000 tablets of the drug Resochin (chloroquine phosphate).

https://bayer2019tf.q4web.com/news/news-details/2020/Bayer-Partners-with-US-Government-on-Major-Product-Donation-to-Fight-Coronavirus/default.aspx

11 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Seriously, this is just not clear enough. The sector I work in is covered as follows:

Food and other necessary goods

This includes those involved in food production, processing, distribution, sale and delivery, as well as those essential to the provision of other key goods (for example hygienic and veterinary medicines).

Now we're a general retailer but about 25% of our sales are food & drink (no 100% fresh meat/veg stuff but we stock a decent range of essentials (plus loo roll when we can get some)). And in some small towns where we stock the broadest range we're the only store of any note in town.

We have about 4,000-odd employees but we can't work out if this categorisation should cover them or if it's specifically intended to be big supermarkets only.

29 minutes ago, ckn said:

Heard that twice yesterday from people who know. e.g. MERS burned itself out as too efficient a kilker while this one is just not lethal enough so that it gets itself out there and spreading. If it mutates to more lethal then it'll burn out faster and kill fewer people.

MERS had a death rate of over 30% so significantly (possibly 10x) more deadly; a small increase in mortality rate or, potentially worse, change in who is seriously affected could be pretty catastrophic.

Some selfish people about. Two elderly ladies,in their late 70,s both said they would completely ignore any self isolation order.One said she would still take her dog for her usual long walk on her local beach,the other said she met a group of friends in the same  age bracket as her, every week for lunch and plenty of red wine and this would carry on even if there was a self isolation order. Both said the same, if I get it,I get it. No consideration given whatsoever to other people. Their names were read out as they telephoned in to I believe it was the Jeremy Vine programme.Radio 2 should forward their names to the Local Police Authority and should both be arrested as soon as they put their foot out of their door.Silly old selfish b*******

10 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Some selfish people about. Two elderly ladies,in their late 70,s both said they would completely ignore any self isolation order.One said she would still take her dog for her usual long walk on her local beach,the other said she met a group of friends in the same  age bracket as her, every week for lunch and plenty of red wine and this would carry on even if there was a self isolation order. Both said the same, if I get it,I get it. No consideration given whatsoever to other people. Their names were read out as they telephoned in to I believe it was the Jeremy Vine programme.Radio 2 should forward their names to the Local Police Authority and should both be arrested as soon as they put their foot out of their door.Silly old selfish b*******

There’s a difference between isolation and social distancing. Waking the dog is fine for social distancing. Can’t see anything wrong with that

9 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

No. Have you visited the coast in the last 20 years? Clean breathable air, keep the elderly active, and occupied. I am 57 and will still avoid any self isolation order, within limits.

20 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

The thing to remember is don't panic. 

Now that all the Poles have gone home because of Brexit, there is plenty of tinned, cheap meat, and sausages, in the corner shops now.

Not around here - the spam/corned beef section is devoid of anything - and even all the marmite has gone despite only 50% of people loving it

20 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Some selfish people about. Two elderly ladies,in their late 70,s both said they would completely ignore any self isolation order.One said she would still take her dog for her usual long walk on her local beach,the other said she met a group of friends in the same  age bracket as her, every week for lunch and plenty of red wine and this would carry on even if there was a self isolation order. Both said the same, if I get it,I get it. No consideration given whatsoever to other people. Their names were read out as they telephoned in to I believe it was the Jeremy Vine programme.Radio 2 should forward their names to the Local Police Authority and should both be arrested as soon as they put their foot out of their door.  Silly old selfish b*******

Next door neighbour has a teenage son who's school closes down today.  He has told her that 'all the boys form school' have planned to 'meet up' at various locations around the town ni the coming weeks.  She has told him he won't be going out, but I bet a lot of parents won't know where their kids are.  Silly old  young selfish b*******.

well under pressure from one and all plus other political parties Government publishes some SAGE advisory documentation.

Never sure it would be a good idea personally. but listening to Sky it reinforces that should have ignored that pressure. Not sure how they understand responsible journalism.

30 minutes ago, SSoutherner said:

Not around here - the spam/corned beef section is devoid of anything - and even all the marmite has gone despite only 50% of people loving it

My local Londis seems to have plenty of supplies, my local co-op has plenty of empty shelving units available.

24 minutes ago, Jasper said:

Next door neighbour has a teenage son who's school closes down today.  He has told her that 'all the boys form school' have planned to 'meet up' at various locations around the town ni the coming weeks.  She has told him he won't be going out, but I bet a lot of parents won't know where their kids are.  Silly old  young selfish b*******.

Parental-Distancing-1.pngParental-Distancing-2.png

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

30 minutes ago, Jasper said:

I asked my just 18 yo how long she reckoned her school colleagues would remain under social isolation and her answer was

"well as x and y keep bunking off school to go for a shag I reckon about a day"

15 minutes ago, SSoutherner said:

I asked my just 18 yo how long she reckoned her school colleagues would remain under social isolation and her answer was

"well as x and y keep bunking off school to go for a shag I reckon about a day"

Some more January babies for @ckn to factor in to his future strategy.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

24 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Just heard on the radio that rules are being relaxed to allow Pharmacists to split large packs of paracetamol and supply them to the public in small quantities (bottles).

Our local boots pharmacy is operating 1 in 1 out with the queue out in the air outside, they take your name/script when you arrive and then call you in 1 at a time during which time you can grab other items from the shelves

21 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Just heard on the radio that rules are being relaxed to allow Pharmacists to split large packs of paracetamol and supply them to the public in small quantities (bottles).

To protect from accidental overdose, anything over 16 (or is it 32?) paracetamol are Pharmacy Only Medicines or Prescription Only. By splitting them into small boxes of 16, they can turn decent stocks of restricted stuff into consumer stuff. It'll not be bottles I'd have thought, just strips put into generic boxes.

1 minute ago, ckn said:

To protect from accidental overdose, anything over 16 (or is it 32?) paracetamol are Pharmacy Only Medicines or Prescription Only. By splitting them into small boxes of 16, they can turn decent stocks of restricted stuff into consumer stuff. It'll not be bottles I'd have thought, just strips put into generic boxes.

I stock up when in the USA, buy a tub of 500.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Just now, Bedford Roughyed said:

I stock up when in the USA, buy a tub of 500.  

Don't get caught coming through customs with that many, you're into restricted numbers there. Law was changed a good couple of decades ago now if I remember following a spate of accidental overdoses on relatively low numbers.

5 minutes ago, ckn said:

yep, Our pharmacy has always had a max two packs/32 tablets.. for couple  years

1 minute ago, ckn said:

Don't get caught coming through customs with that many, you're into restricted numbers there. Law was changed a good couple of decades ago now if I remember following a spate of accidental overdoses on relatively low numbers.

Good job they didn't see the ibuprofen or naproxen then...... 

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

2 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

My daughter works for Trussell Trust, the charity that runs Food Banks. There has been a major drop-off in donations since this vinus scare. I know that people's first responsibility is to their own families but, if you're still able to, don't forget other families too.

I don't write many serious posts but this is one.

Still remember to laugh though... ?

Thank you.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Archived