coronavirus

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Great to see you are thinking about others and not just yourself in this time of crisis.

And yes I am being very sarcastic, you may not think theres nothing to worry about and  that not doing what you are told is big and clever, but, it really isn't. No one is saying lock yourself in your house but maybe just try act responsible and limit contact with other people, this isn't all about you

ditto

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we might go have a few drinks with at our mates in their early 40s who are as fit as fiddles, stop jumping to conclusions CKN your a serial worrier and panicker  for sure 

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

I am not worried about anything killing ME, that's the point, which you don't seem to grasp.

The fact you say bad cold says all I need to know about you TBH.

mate, I know the score, I wont be seeing my mum on mothers day - the elderly neighbours have my number should they be in need, if I spend time with others it will be the fit n healthy, please don't preach to the converted

9 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

mate, I know the score, I wont be seeing my mum on mothers day - the elderly neighbours have my number should they be in need, if I spend time with others it will be the fit n healthy, please don't preach to the converted

Just do a bit of reading up on Social Distancing, why it is necessary and how it works.

It's quite easy to understand, you know those others that you meet up with, what if you have it (you may not get symptoms) they then all get it and each of them pass it on, etc etc, as I say it's not difficult to grasp.

18 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

the worry will kill you well before the bad cold.

Do you need instructions for which way to face on the lavatory?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, ckn said:

Ah well, what a pity, never mind. Pubs to be closed as soon as safely possible.

I WOULD RATHER DIE A FREE MAN THAN LIVE A SLAVE.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Interestingly, virtually all of the parents I know are treating today as the end of the standard school year. No one is realistically expecting their children to go back in this school year.

Sounding like some proper, actual, directed money to stop people being bankrupted by covid-19, as well as some of the help that businesses have requested?

27 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Just do a bit of reading up on Social Distancing, why it is necessary and how it works.

It's quite easy to understand, you know those others that you meet up with, what if you have it (you may not get symptoms) they then all get it and each of them pass it on, etc etc, as I say it's not difficult to grasp.

Didn't realise the panic buying was for petrol as well. I was down to below a quarter tank so drove into a Sainsburys petrol station this afternoon, 12 multi pumps, 6 had 'Sorry, no petrol' signs on them, all diesel seemed ok.  I filled up and spoke to the girl in the shop.  She had been ' told in confidence' by a young girl who had bought £6 worth of petrol to keep her tank filled up yesterday, that it had been  posted on social media that "all the petrol delivery drivers had come down with Corona virus and that there was no one to deliver petrol" ... and these numb nutz believed it as the panic buying started. The young lass must have thought I looked a bit gullible as she assured me that there was enough petrol to go round and no problems with deliveries.

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

5 minutes ago, Exiled Townie said:

Didn't realise the panic buying was for petrol as well. I was down to below a quarter tank so drove into a Sainsburys petrol station this afternoon, 12 multi pumps, 6 had 'Sorry, no petrol' signs on them, all diesel seemed ok.  I filled up and spoke to the girl in the shop.  She had been ' told in confidence' by a young girl who had bought £6 worth of petrol to keep her tank filled up yesterday, that it had been  posted on social media that "all the petrol delivery drivers had come down with Corona virus and that there was no one to deliver petrol" ... and these numb nutz believed it as the panic buying started. The young lass must have thought I looked a bit gullible as she assured me that there was enough petrol to go round and no problems with deliveries.

i put £25 in the xjr13 last night as it was well into reserve, didnt think about or notice and supply issues

3 minutes ago, Exiled Townie said:

I was wondering when it would happen.  I'm like you, quarter of a tank left and due to working from home that will last me a weeks.  Even so I was wondering if I should fill up....

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

33 minutes ago, ckn said:

Ah well, what a pity, never mind. Pubs to be closed as soon as safely possible.

Brother in law owns a successful award winning micro brewery.  He is not sure if he will survive.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Just now, Bedford Roughyed said:

Brother in law owns a successful award winning micro brewery.  He is not sure if he will survive.  

He'll unfortunately, genuinely unfortunately, join quite a few other businesses before this is over regardless of what the government does.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Just now, ckn said:

He'll unfortunately, genuinely unfortunately, join quite a few other businesses before this is over regardless of what the government does.

And it's happening too fast for him to compute.  It's not like the writing was on the wall for months.  He had full order books, he couldn't make or sell anymore if he wanted.  

6 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I saw one small brewery advertising that they would now be attempting to offload everything they had. But obviously the logistics of that - not everyone can suddenly take receipt of a proper keg or two nor can the brewer suddenly bottle or can everything - I think rules that out for most.

Something must have happened to really spook the government. Schools, pubs and restaurants to shut this weekend. Not closed for a fixed term; the situation will be reviewed in a month ... i.e. we are in this for the long haul.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

I saw one small brewery advertising that they would now be attempting to offload everything they had. But obviously the logistics of that - not everyone can suddenly take receipt of a proper keg or two nor can the brewer suddenly bottle or can everything - I think rules that out for most.

It will decimate a thriving scene and even if they do survive, will the pubs be there to sell too?

Archived