coronavirus

Anyone care to clarify on this as the Mrs has got a tickly throat and is doing a few coughs here and there..

"This is a new, continuous cough and means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or having three or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)."

Does that mean an hour straight or having a cough every hour and a half?

Also, what constitutes an "episode"?

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Damien said:

An outbreak of the coronavirus that has killed 28 people in the West Midlands has been linked to a church attended by a worshipper who did not realise they were a carrier. 

Two of the fatalities have been connected to a church where a congregant had continued to attend services, not realising they had been infected with the novel coronavirus, the Times reported. 

What's that about HE does his wonders?

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

There is zero need to panic buy , there is no shortage or threat to supply lines . It’s pure stupidity , selfishness and irrational fear  that grips hold and has a domino effect . There was a guy from a toilet roll firm on telly who said they were laughing at this , there warehouses are packed . Sensible and measured sees you through but getting that message through is the hardest 

yeah then you get stupid.. not thinking questions.. from journalists just looking for sensational headline repeatedly asking questions as to are government prepared to introduce or when government will introduce rationing of food....

An impossible question for a government minister to answer if he himself doesn't want to cause even more mad panic buying... 

3 minutes ago, YCKonstantine said:

Anyone care to clarify on this as the Mrs has got a tickly throat and is doing a few coughs here and there..

"This is a new, continuous cough and means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or having three or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)."

https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19/ 

2 minutes ago, YCKonstantine said:

It says the exact same thing on there.

What’s a “few coughs here and there”?

That would be a good thing to know.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Smudger06 said:

Tap the green start now button if you or her thinks there's a chance she may have it. 

I've already done it. It's still clear as mud as to what "more than an hour" or "three EPISODES" means

Just now, gingerjon said:

What’s a “few coughs here and there”?

That would be a good thing to know.

Tickly throat, 2 coughs maybe every other hour. I asked her if she was voluntarily coughing to clear her throat or if it was some uncontrollable urge and she said it was voluntary.

48 minutes ago, YCKonstantine said:

Advice from the radio last week was that a continuous cough is one that lasts more than half a day. A few coughs in morning, a few at midday and a few at night, would class as continuous by that definition.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

19 minutes ago, YCKonstantine said:

It is not clear whatsoever what an "episode" is. If it's so clear why don't you enlighten me.

I asked on your behalf. It’s deliberately woolly so as not to be over-specific. If you think it’s a new dry cough, you’re caught by the guidelines whether you think it’s a new cold or proper COVID-19. Better safe than sorry. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

3 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

My lad has a tap micropub.

He closed his doors at 7pm last night. Some regulars were close to tears. He will write off about £500's worth of stock in the short term. Possibly much more if it keeps closed. Naturally he's cacking himself.

BUT, he believes it's the right thing to do. Small breweries like chantry that supply him are in the same boat. Knock that back to their suppliers like hop producers, yeast and sugar suppliers and it's a much wider band of business affected.

I'm emotionally torn. All the research.... all the evidence says isolate. It's the correct thing to do. But its heartbreaking to see the impact this is having on business. The stress. The uncertainty etc.

Owt he can do to sell stock? Our local are offering delivery takeout at £2 a pint, and have 3 x 9 gallon barrels at £50, delivered and tapped.... 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 hour ago, Damien said:

That would be ridiculous. There is no way they should get support if they proceed with that payout to shareholders.

Stupid as it sounds, because the dividend proposal has been through their agm and agreed by shareholders, I understand they now have a legal obligation to pay it. 

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 minute ago, gazza77 said:

Owt he can do to sell stock? Our local are offering delivery takeout at £2 a pint, and have 3 x 9 gallon barrels at £50, delivered and tapped.... 

A few pubs and breweries are offering similar services to shift stock. Checking the local CAMRA facebook page etc. 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

5 minutes ago, Padge said:

A few pubs and breweries are offering similar services to shift stock. Checking the local CAMRA facebook page etc. 

I did ponder a barrel, given I've a week booked off work, but have settled for the landlady bringing my usual Saturday night half a dozen pints when she comes up to see her horse later. 

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

This is my quandary at the minute (nothing serious)

I’m destined to be at home for the next three months. I rarely drink at home, but like a pint when I’m out. Should I get into the habit of home drinking or just wait it out?

Archived