coronavirus

3 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

I am sorry you suffered. I get that. It does not make you an expert either.

Bob you are not listening...you have two ears and one mouth for a reason.  When you hold a slowly dying child in your arms with people in Hasmat suits buzzing around you , well you sort of make it your business to find out....which I did.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Bob you are not listening...you have two ears and one mouth for a reason.  When you hold a slowly dying child in your arms with people in Hasmat suits buzzing around you , well you sort of make it your business to find out....which I did.

You are being silly and presumptuous. 

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

2 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Bob,

Kayakman has obviously been through a similar experience twice which in my eyes does make him more of an expert than you or me.

He is an expert on his personal experience. 

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

3 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

No I am not....I am being realistic and factual.  I am being analytical.

Let’s all agree with you that you are amazing and move on ? 

1 minute ago, fairfolly said:

Kayakman,

Ignore him,he is just looking for an argument.

I've been staying off the treads about this coronovirus for awhile...its like a bad movie replaying.  I've been through this type of thing twice and see the same patterns evolving....people in charge panicking as they come up with a plan and, in many cases, ignore previous protocols.  Then people getting the filtered info and hoarding.  Some not taking it serious and then the stark reality hitting them (happening now).

Bobs point is well taken though, the arm chair quarterbacks, previously unknown 'experts' etc. not knowing what they are talking about, Bob has made that point quite well.

Hang in there everyone this too shall pass.  In both previous times I went through something this a quote from my childhood replayed in my head many times, "Stand to your work and be wise, certain of sword and pen, who are neither children not Gods, but men in a world of men."

43 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

Regardless of key worker status or not.

You should keep your kids off school for obvious reasons. 

There's often two adults in a household, im not talking just couples, could be elder child or Another adult family member. 

If only one is a key worker, they go to work and other stays home. 

If both are key workers, have different shifts, so one is home while other at work and vise versa.

Just spoke to next door they are both teachers at the same school and have been told they’ll have to put their kids into nursery as they will both be in. When clearly the obvious answer is one of them to stay home with their kids while the other goes in. 

Just now, bobbruce said:

Just spoke to next door they are both teachers at the same school and have been told they’ll have to put their kids into nursery as they will both be in. When clearly the obvious answer is one of them to stay home with their kids while the other goes in. 

Oh dear. Not a clever move by the local education authority. 

6 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

Oh dear. Not a clever move by the local education authority. 

Can't fix stupid...they are trying their best but not thinking things out....they are incompetent and out of their depth.

I'm sure they are educational 'experts' thought with lots of qualifications and degreees so Bob can rest assured the right people are in the right positions making the right decision.  They are qualified so its all Okay.

Right.

1 hour ago, Smudger06 said:

I had a good think about this...

supermarkets are in heaven and are not ramping up capacity anywhere near the levels they are capable of, even though they may be saying they are....

My thought process seems to have been massively flawed.... 

Hmmm. Not so sure. Evidence?

Oh hum (from the BBC):

"Iran's Supreme Leader has rejected America's offer of aid to help the country with its battle against coronavirus.

In a televised speech, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said the US was Iran's "most evil enemy" and hinted at a conspiracy theory, also voiced by some Chinese officials, that America was responsible for the pandemic.

“I do not know how real this accusation is but when it exists, who in their right mind would trust you to bring them medication?" Mr Khamenei said. "Possibly your medicine is a way to spread the virus more.”

Without offering any evidence, he also alleged that the virus “is specifically built for Iran using the genetic data of Iranians which they have obtained through different means”.

1 minute ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Oh hum (from the BBC):

"Iran's Supreme Leader has rejected America's offer of aid to help the country with its battle against coronavirus.

In a televised speech, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said the US was Iran's "most evil enemy" and hinted at a conspiracy theory, also voiced by some Chinese officials, that America was responsible for the pandemic.

“I do not know how real this accusation is but when it exists, who in their right mind would trust you to bring them medication?" Mr Khamenei said. "Possibly your medicine is a way to spread the virus more.”

Without offering any evidence, he also alleged that the virus “is specifically built for Iran using the genetic data of Iranians which they have obtained through different means”.

It is all God's will.

3 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Hmmm. Not so sure. Evidence?

The largest bog roll factory in the UK is in Manchester. 

They have masses and masses of bog roll in reserve and have no shortage of workers or supplies to make even more. 

People have been buying bog roll in massive excess for 2 weeks. 

There's no bog roll on the shelves still. 

Given it's increasingly difficult to buy pasta, rice, bread, etc, does this mean as a nation we've collectively rejected the atkins diet? ?

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

It's not hard to come to the conclusion they want people coming into their locations more and more often, it's a dream come true to the big players. just on the off chance there's some bog roll or some paracetamol or some pasta. Finding none and buying anything / something else instead. Then coming in again and again repeating the pattern. 

59 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

But if they are the only two who are able to keep the school open, that will be the best option. At this current time though, I agree.

Archived