coronavirus

58 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I had some stuff delivered to post office... no idea if it will be open now.

Miner issue i know....

One item is a TV for my elderly mother's bedroom, her current one is no longer fit for purpose.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GUBRATS said:

Surely any existing orders will be completed , but no new ones taken 

It hasn't been paid for online just ordered (don't ask ? ) and pay in store.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

13 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Car booked in for MOT Thursday so that's gone, I shall just tax it and carry on. I find it strange that according to some expert on TV going out for a drive is considered a no no, your self isolating and it was my plan to escape cabin fever over the forthcoming weeks that and taking the dog upto the moors where it's easy to avoid people.

Mental illness here I come (again)??

11 minutes ago, ckn said:

Surely if you stay in your car then you are still isolated.

I think (only think) that driving is safe. But, it is hard to trust that people are really going to stay in the car and not meet up with people. The rules have to be easy to police too.

Last week, I drove to forests and emjoyed splendid isolation. But, were I stopped on the road, coudl they believe my claim? Safer to make m ehave to justify why I was out at all.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

9 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Quick query, not seen anything commenting on this... 

What if you're currently away from home? I've not seen anything to suggest hotels, guest houses, etc. have to shut. I know some are however, but is it to be enforced? 

Are people supposed to head home immediately? 

Here's the specific guidance.

Including:

"hotels, hostels, bed and breakfasts, campsites, caravan parks, and boarding houses for commercial/leisure use (excluding permanent residents and key workers)."

So I guess folk will be turfed out in the morning whether they have anywhere to go or not.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

2 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Cancel order and buy one in Tesco.

Their electrical and clothes dept. is on a different floor and I suspect will be cordoned off. Its none essentials.

1 minute ago, Padge said:

Their electrical and clothes dept. is on a different floor and I suspect will be cordoned off. Its none essentials.

Single floor on the two in Bradford. Been to one tonight; no cordon.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

3 minutes ago, ckn said:

Including:

"hotels, hostels, bed and breakfasts, campsites, caravan parks, and boarding houses for commercial/leisure use (excluding permanent residents and key workers)."

So I guess folk will be turfed out in the morning whether they have anywhere to go or not.

Cheers. Been looking for something like that, but didn't see it on BBC or any other news site I looked at. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

2 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Single floor on the two in Bradford. Been to one tonight; no cordon.

Rules not in place until tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Leigh ASDA ? , We might let you in , just this once ?

She's not that desperate.

My great fear now that this lockdown is in force... mullets and bowl cuts.

Just think of the children.

We children of the 70s and before can attest to the horror of such things and are truly thankful that the internet and mobile phones with cameras didn't exist.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

8 minutes ago, ckn said:

Including:

It just says 'work' in there.  Other things say key workers.  

I'm guessing more clarification (again) on the way...

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

17 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Quick query, not seen anything commenting on this... 

What if you're currently away from home? I've not seen anything to suggest hotels, guest houses, etc. have to shut. I know some are however, but is it to be enforced? 

Are people supposed to head home immediately? 

Our son is in Leamington - as he was working in a spoons until Saturday (cleaning, last customers were Friday) so the plan was for him and his last remaining house mate to sit it out a week/10 days then early next week (which coincides with an end of month) she would head back to Liverpool and him home to us - leaving all there gear in another set of mates house until the end of summer when they have next years house booked from - that would save a few months rent and get him back with us (where he would have a better internet connection for uni work)

Now not sure what is happening

Just now, ckn said:

We children of the 70s and before can attest to the horror of such things and are truly thankful that the internet and mobile phones with cameras didn't exist.

Ah, dont worry hr man, you can still work from home, I'm afraid. For us unemployed, it's just another day.

1 minute ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

It just says 'work' in there.  Other things say key workers.  

I'm guessing more clarification (again) on the way...

I think it will be clarified as they go.

Maybe they expect to keep the coffers filling by fining folk. They could make millions each day by standing in front of City firms where the Partners think their law/accountancy firms make them "key workers", £5k a pop billed directly to the firm.

31 minutes ago, ckn said:

Surely if you stay in your car then you are still isolated.

Worst.

Gary Numan cover.

Ever.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, ckn said:

I think it will be clarified as they go.

Maybe they expect to keep the coffers filling by fining folk. They could make millions each day by standing in front of City firms where the Partners think their law/accountancy firms make them "key workers", £5k a pop billed directly to the firm.

HR not essential enough? I got a call today from my Mental Health worker, working from home today.

I'm still not sure whether my landlord will still evict me on 02.05.20 as his Section 21 has requested.

6 minutes ago, ckn said:

Being bald has its benefits. ???

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

8 minutes ago, ckn said:

When there are Skype meetings now, there is lots of fun with the women finding out how each others hair colour and style is naturally.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Archived