coronavirus

We all need to remember the numpties: Virgin, Sports Direct, Wetherspoons et al

But, sometimes, there are good guys. I may have to revise my opinion of Brewdog.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

We all need to remember the numpties: Virgin, Sports Direct, Wetherspoons et al

But, sometimes, there are good guys. I may have to revise my opinion of Brewdog.

Some say that is better tasting than their beer ?

Not me I love their stuff ??

2 hours ago, JohnM said:

Right, we know how you will act. Not everyone is like you.

Took the motorbike into work and back this am to pick up a folder of passwords and server settings - as i passed the local co-op corner shop out walked an elderly couple with their paper (and nothing else)

Who on earth thinks walking to the shop as a couple to get a paper is essential !!!!!!

Had to go to a construction site in Barnsley this morning. Got as far a Dewsbury on the motorway, when I got a text  .... "You must stay at home .... ".

The Govt is tracking our mobiles. I will be turning mine off next time I have to go to a job, not just during this crisis but for ever afterwards.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

1 minute ago, Wolford6 said:

Had to go to a construction site in Barnsly this morning. Got as far a Dewsbury on the motorway, when I got a text  .... "You must stay at home .... ".

The Govt is tracking our mobiles. I turning mine off next time I have to go to a job, for ever.

Everyone is meant to be receiving a text. It was on the news this morning.

If yours came from the NHS specifically then it could be because you are deemed higher risk.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

If yours came from the NHS specifically then it could be because you are deemed higher risk.

In fact, I just received my text now.

17 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

514 more deaths yesterday here in Spain. Total rising quickly daily and we have a total lockdown.Keep safe in the U.K..follow the advice you have been given.Just seen on BBC news,London tubes packed again this morning.Looked to be lots of Construction workers on them. Get the cash for self employed sorted quickly or the deaths are going to rocket up.

2 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

514 more deaths yesterday here in Spain. Total rising quickly daily and we have a total lockdown.Keep safe in the U.K..follow the advice you have been given.Just seen on BBC news,London tubes packed again this morning.Looked to be lots of Construction workers on them. Get the cash for self employed sorted quickly or the deaths are going to rocket up.

Not just construction workers. Lots of "suits" who see themselves as essential in their law firms, accountancy, estate agencies and so on. So stuck up their own rectums that they can't see the world outside of their little world where they're a big fish in a tiny pond.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

ckn,

I fully understand that but the self employed on these clips this morning were lots of blokes obviously working on the construction sites in London. Why are the construction sites open? Are they essential? I would assume not but the self employed have to work to pay the bills unlike the P.A.Y.E sector who are going to get 80% of their salaries. Just a question for you, could you live on £94 a week. I would assume not. And do not fall for the garbage self employed are mostly cash in hand. I was classes as self employed all my working life and I paid my taxes and insurances every year the same as everybody else.The vast majority of the people who I worked with,all manual construction workers were the same. If you worked for a Mains Contractor every month you presented them with a self employed Tax Certificate which they sent in to the Tax people,if yoy did not have one of those you were taxed 20% by the company who then sent that tax in.I know the same situation exists today,so the days of dodging tax for construction workers has long gone.

1 minute ago, fairfolly said:

ckn,

I fully understand that but the self employed on these clips this morning were lots of blokes obviously working on the construction sites in London. Why are the construction sites open? Are they essential? I would assume not but the self employed have to work to pay the bills unlike the P.A.Y.E sector who are going to get 80% of their salaries. Just a question for you, could you live on £94 a week. I would assume not. And do not fall for the garbage self employed are mostly cash in hand. I was classes as self employed all my working life and I paid my taxes and insurances every year the same as everybody else.The vast majority of the people who I worked with,all manual construction workers were the same. If you worked for a Mains Contractor every month you presented them with a self employed Tax Certificate which they sent in to the Tax people,if yoy did not have one of those you were taxed 20% by the company who then sent that tax in.I know the same situation exists today,so the days of dodging tax for construction workers has long gone.

Who's criticising construction folk and self employed ones?

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Depends what they are constructing as to if it's critical or not? 

& let's not forget a road worker or Utilities worker looks a lot like a construction worker. 

Keeping motorways and A roads open is a critical strategic  effort so that the military, police, fire brigades, Ambulances and supply chains for the essentials can use them, not to mention in utilities, water companies. Pretty vital work. 

Ckn, I know you are not criticising self employed people . But your reply to my last post stated that their was lots of suits on there to. Of course there was, my argument was aimed at the Government, and I am a Tory voter by the way, for completely overlooking the self employed,or thought,maybe they could manage on £94 pounds per week.Apologies if my message came across wrong but as I say ,it was aimed at the idiotic government policy concerning the self employed.

Smudger,

The construction sites are still working in London. Of course road and utility workers are important. Building sites that are going on for the next 5 or 6 years are not. My point is that if the self employed situation had been thought out before hand the situation regarding the packed tubes would have certainly eased.Unless these Main Contractors guarantee to pay these workmen,which you and I know they will not,this overcrowding situation will carry on.

Archived