coronavirus

8 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Exactly so.

I do think that if major enforcement is necessary, then common sense will have to give way to clear cut lines.

In total the half mile walk to my dad's I passed 8 people , 5 who were also dog walking 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

In total the half mile walk to my dad's I passed 8 people , 5 who were also dog walking 

We are allowed 1 bit of exercise a day, and where do you expect dogs to go to loo, after years of training not to do it in the house?

46 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Never been any time restrictions on bus passes round here. But seriously,  really seriously, don't use public transport unless absolutely no other option.

Found it buried deep on the website. East Sussex free at all times.

Twenty-one year old, lived and contracted and the disease in the UK, no underlying health conditions.

Dead from Covid-19.

So, anyone who still needs to be told it's more than just a cold and can kill anyone ... 

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Tesco, and some other stores, have reserved 1 hour between 0900-1000 on Monday, Wednesday & Friday for elderly shoppers, only problem is elderly bus passes don't work before 0930, that gives them 30 minutes to get there, do their shopping, and check-out.

Up here they cancelled that stipulation early last week for that very reason.

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Yes, we went for our walk with our toddler at 7.30am before we started working, and the park was very busy. Had we just stayed to the paths, we would have passed around 30 to 40 people in the 45mins we were out. We had a ball out and went across the fields and stuff, but you can see why people would jump in the car to drive the 2 miles to the huge empty beaches near us. 

2 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Slight thread drift .....but I start work at 6am (6-6)

The idea of doing anything before work other than brush my hair and comb my teeth is strange. ? I literally get up, if time cup of tea - set off. I’ll have to get back to working normal hours one of these days. ??

On a normal basis even my 9am start is too early for me to do anything in the morning, but as I'm working at home I find it easier to start energetic and get lazier as the day goes on!

2 hours ago, JohnM said:

Never been any time restrictions on bus passes round here. But seriously,  really seriously, don't use public transport unless absolutely no other option.

You haven't seen the buses around here, one or two passengers sitting either end, or one on top deck one on lower. Stagecoach have said they are running a school holiday service!

Just did a Tesco run inbetween meetings. Absolutely quiet.  You know the middle-of-the-night quiet shop (if you've ever done that). Everything in stock except bog roll and pasta, and even then they had a pile of Tesco's own "luxury" bog roll.

The scan-as-you-go attendants were saying they're still getting abuse from the occasional thwaite who can't understand why they can't get 20 packs of bog roll when the deliveries come in. Some have been buying the three, going to their car, coming in getting more, now the security guards are telling them to "go away" in more robust terms. One of the women said "they always promise to boycott us for life, we hope they do".

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

23 minutes ago, ckn said:

Just did a Tesco run inbetween meetings. Absolutely quiet.  You know the middle-of-the-night quiet shop (if you've ever done that). Everything in stock except bog roll and pasta, and even then they had a pile of Tesco's own "luxury" bog roll.

The scan-as-you-go attendants were saying they're still getting abuse from the occasional thwaite who can't understand why they can't get 20 packs of bog roll when the deliveries come in. Some have been buying the three, going to their car, coming in getting more, now the security guards are telling them to "go away" in more robust terms. One of the women said "they always promise to boycott us for life, we hope they do".

don't know if this has been said already but why cant the bouncers/door staff that cant work at the min be employed by supermarkets to assure and protect staff and "have a word" with un reasonable customers?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

This is the latest scam. They'll receive a call later from someone demanding payment.

1.jpg

They'll most likely then find nothing in their bank account. If you see it, it's a scam.

The scammers may find themselves sharing a small cell with the guy arrested and put on long-term remand for selling fake testing/cure kits.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Archived