coronavirus

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

I hope he was no closer than 2m away when telling you this

I was in the car park, he was leaning out of the window with his probe on a stick - social distancing at it's best.

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Exiled Townie said:

I was in the car park, he was leaning out of the window with his probe on a stick - social distancing at it's best.

Good stuff.

Hope you and yours are safe and well during this ridiculous time.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Wrong thread.  

talk to the hands syndrome too BR? coronavirus is a direct result of things people concerned about animal welfare have gone on about for years - now we all have to suffer cos the world would not listen

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

7 minutes ago, Damien said:

A couple?? Oh come on. You are either lieing or living in a bubble. There was far more than a couple on the ITV documentary that has just been on. Did you not see that? I must see or hear at least a dozen a day in the widespread coverage. I personally know 6 who work in the NHS who all complain about shortages, I must tell them that they are making it up.

I've not seen any documentary.  

People complaining about shortages.  What a novelty!  

Oh, and I mentioned the MEDIA.  It was you who brought up staff.  

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

Good stuff.

Hope you and yours are safe and well during this ridiculous time.

Same here GJ, take care of youself and yours ?

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

Just now, graveyard johnny said:

talk to the hands syndrome too BR? coronavirus is a direct result of things people concerned about animal welfare have gone on about for years - now we all have to suffer cos the world wound not listen

Have you gone vegan?

He's still a racist.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

3 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

talk to the hands syndrome too BR? coronavirus is a direct result of things people concerned about animal welfare have gone on about for years - now we all have to suffer cos the world wound not listen

Well, the Chinese government wouldn't listen anyway.  Hopefully, when this dire situation actually gets behind us (assuming it ever does), I sincerely hope the UK as well as every other nation in the world will make damned sure the Chinese government learns its lesson this time.  

16 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

I've not seen any documentary.  

People complaining about shortages.  What a novelty!  

Oh, and I mentioned the MEDIA.  It was you who brought up staff.  

I give up. You are beyond parody. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Just now, GUBRATS said:

I wish you weren't 

I've been "working" from home for 2 days now and already going stir crazy. Mrs Shadow's a community nurse and very much at the sharp end, I wish I'd been right.

On the plus side she has got plenty of PPE and I've got reacquainted with Jungle Strike.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 hours ago, Exiled Townie said:

Had to go to the Lister Hospital at Stevenage for a long standing appointment yesterday. 

Off topic, I know

The Lister was my first ever agency job. May 1987. I watched Swinton beat New Hunslet in the first ever 2nd Division Premiership Final, then drove down to Stevenage. Never lived at home after.

6 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Just completed my first bit of bartering: 3 leeks and 2 beetroot for 3 toilet rolls. The immodium stash remains untouched.

Sorry to disappoint you. perhaps the govt email is in your spam file. 

Due to concerns that cash is a major conduit for the transfer of covid19, major denominations have been replaced by items which can be more readily scrubbed and peeled. 

A pound coin is now a leek and the fiver has been replaced by the standard beetroot. 

you was robbed

Baldrick is happy that 3 turnips has now replaced the penny. 

In other news, Jeremy Corbyn has just been announced at the top of the UK rich list. 

From Friday (March 27), people in Singapore who sit less than 1m away from another person in a public place or on a fixed seat marked as not to be occupied, or who stand in a queue less than 1m away from another person, can be fined up to $10,000, jailed for up to six months, or both 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/coronavirus-safe-distancing-rules-kick-in-failure-to-sit-or-queue-1m-apart-from-others

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

6 hours ago, Damien said:

Is that the best you can do? Pathetic.

You are the one who resorted to calling a forum member a liar. It's perfectly possible, given the number of NHS premises, that some have a shortage whilst others have a surplus. It's also possible that some NHS staff have an agenda. After all, there are 1.7 million employees. 

The situation here is remarkably similar to that in other big countries, but that seems to have passed some people by, for some unfathomable reason... or maybe not so unfathomable. 

4 hours ago, JohnM said:

You are the one who resorted to calling a forum member a liar. It's perfectly possible, given the number of NHS premises, that some have a shortage whilst others have a surplus. It's also possible that some NHS staff have an agenda. After all, there are 1.7 million employees. 

The situation here is remarkably similar to that in other big countries, but that seems to have passed some people by, for some unfathomable reason... or maybe not so unfathomable. 

Hospitals are getting first priority for kit. They’re getting enough now and the big dumps are going to them, they’re burning through it though and will need military style logistics to keep them going. 

GPs are getting SOME. We’re now at zero supplies across most of our patch with some getting none at all. 

Community Trusts have been OK largely but that’s mainly due to them buying private kit. They’re not wholly forgotten by the system 

Mental health Trusts have largely had none beyond what they can scrape up. 

Many NHS places are stripping the private supplies dry and importing stuff from abroad that I can’t believe will have the right certifications. 

Oh and a GP died yesterday of coronavirus yet we’re still expected to send GPs to see patients even if we can’t get PPE. No wonder some practices are threatening to hand back their contracts if they’re forced to do this. 

p.s. Regardless of the serious political grumbles we’ve had, I respect you and can’t see any circumstance where I’d put you on ignore. Now, t’other one, I don’t have the mental reserves now for that so she is. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

4 hours ago, MattSantos said:

From Friday (March 27), people in Singapore who sit less than 1m away from another person in a public place or on a fixed seat marked as not to be occupied, or who stand in a queue less than 1m away from another person, can be fined up to $10,000, jailed for up to six months, or both 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/coronavirus-safe-distancing-rules-kick-in-failure-to-sit-or-queue-1m-apart-from-others

Blimey 

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

10 hours ago, Wholly Trinity said:

Sorry to disappoint you. perhaps the govt email is in your spam file. 

Due to concerns that cash is a major conduit for the transfer of covid19, major denominations have been replaced by items which can be more readily scrubbed and peeled. 

A pound coin is now a leek and the fiver has been replaced by the standard beetroot. 

you was robbed

Baldrick is happy that 3 turnips has now replaced the penny. 

In other news, Jeremy Corbyn has just been announced at the top of the UK rich list. 

Currently I'm a leek millionaire so can afford it and don't care if I inflate prices for the rest of you oiks...

I now know 2 people (one work colleague,  one ex-colleague) who almost certainly have it and are currently at home with moderate symptoms.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

A very moderate amount of fines been given out in my area,mainly Brit. dog walkers.The message seems to have got through not as many now, However a woman three villas down from me is still doing it and is adamant she will keep on walking as her dog will not go to the toilet in her own garden.British by the way. You could not make it up,a dog that will not go to the toilet in its own garden.I am just praying that she gets caught,she obviously is quite happy to accept a 600 euro fine,see if she is if she gets caught twice. Somebody else will have to walk the dog as she will be in a prison cell,deservedly so  to.

Archived