coronavirus

3 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Well, you think it will clear in a month?

If we wait till all this is over, which is what I think you mean, the spin will be a tidal wave from the governement.

Only an opinion of course, but one question is, can we afford to carry on as before?

In answer to your first question.

Yup.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, M j M said:

This s**t is getting real.

This is what happens when you refuse to flatten the curve.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

1 minute ago, BryanC said:

Yup.

Is that it question one, Mr President?

What about the other questions Mr President!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

12 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

5 10mins breaks an hour? Wish I had a job like that? 

(In all seriousness though those small breaks and doing something completely different are absolutely vital to keep you going when the pressure's on - great respect from me to all doing their bit to combat this)

Anyone using DSE should be taking 5-10 breaks each hour. Whether posting on TRL constitutes a break from using DSE is another matter haha.

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

Anyone using DSE should be taking 5-10 breaks each hour. Whether posting on TRL constitutes a break from using DSE is another matter haha.

Typing on my phone standing by the kettle right now before I get back on another meeting by 12:30. I get up and away from my desk in my breaks. A whole day of in my chair would be a depressing thought.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

5 minutes ago, ckn said:

Typing on my phone standing by the kettle right now before I get back on another meeting by 12:30. I get up and away from my desk in my breaks. A whole day of in my chair would be a depressing thought.

Tell me about it, you definitely need to get away for a break

42 minutes ago, BryanC said:

Yup.

Making random stuff up and posting it on Facebook or on here is pretty much the same.

Is there any reason to think you know what you are writing about?

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

This will not be over in a month for Great Britain...you had a bad start...stumbled in the blocks...but you are moving quick now that you have hit full speed....Hey is that a speed bump just ahead?

This race ain't near won yet.

Some of my colleagues are here on a sponsored visas.  No job means they have to go home.  Borders are shut.  Devastated for them.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

14 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

This will not be over in a month for Great Britain...you had a bad start...stumbled in the blocks...but you are moving quick now that you have hit full speed....Hey is that a speed bump just ahead?

This race ain't near won yet.

I've not heard anyone in the UK say it will be over in a month. Everyone is well aware this is going to continue for quite some time.

37 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Some of my colleagues are here on a sponsored visas.  No job means they have to go home.  Borders are shut.  Devastated for them.  

'kin 'el.

I've heard of a few Brits it's happened to who now can't get out of the countries they are in.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

There really is no legislating for stupidity:

Attention seeker who licked toilet seat and joked about getting coronavirus now has coronavirus

A clout-chaser who licked a toilet seat and joked about catching coronavirus has reportedly done just that. The unidentified youngster gained internet notoriety after he filmed himself putting his mouth on the toilet as part of the ‘coronavirus challenge,’ which has seen people licking objects in the face of the global pandemic. The footage was later posted to TikTok That person has since reportedly contracted Covid-19, according to Piers Morgan. ‘You may remember also the other idiot, this is also in America, as part of the coronavirus challenge some morons are doing, went into his local toilet cubicle and licked the bowl,’ Morgan said on Good Morning Britain.

‘I think this called karma – he’s got coronavirus'.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/25/attention-seeker-licked-toilet-seat-joked-getting-coronavirus-now-coronavirus-12454901/

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

Attention seeker who licked toilet seat and joked about getting coronavirus now has coronavirus

A clout-chaser who licked a toilet seat and joked about catching coronavirus has reportedly done just that. The unidentified youngster gained internet notoriety after he filmed himself putting his mouth on the toilet as part of the ‘coronavirus challenge,’ which has seen people licking objects in the face of the global pandemic. The footage was later posted to TikTok That person has since reportedly contracted Covid-19, according to Piers Morgan. ‘You may remember also the other idiot, this is also in America, as part of the coronavirus challenge some morons are doing, went into his local toilet cubicle and licked the bowl,’ Morgan said on Good Morning Britain.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/25/attention-seeker-licked-toilet-seat-joked-getting-coronavirus-now-coronavirus-12454901/

This years Darwin Award goes to.........

5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

'kin 'el.

I've heard of a few Brits it's happened to who now can't get out of the countries they are in.

It's all a bit fast really.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

1 hour ago, Shadow said:

He is the Prime Minister, I don't think there's a problem in testing him. Prince Charles however.....

yep, I think you have to be fairly up in the numpty class to be questioning why the PM or Health Minister has the test... in additional those numpty's who question the fact the PM/Health Minister got it because of  interactions they and as we expect they would as leaders...   

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

Sod the karma, the muppet's now possibly also tying up valuable resources that could be used for someone far more deserving of help.

3 hours ago, ckn said:

I post on here at my tea breaks. I schedule in 5-10 minute breaks an hour. That allows me to do 14 hour days without breaking.

Also, I like sharing knowledge!

And we appreciate it ckn , but given your £250k salary , so you should ?

2 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

I have to acknowledge that my pension allows me to work 3 days a week and have a good quality of life in semi-retirement.

Private sector wages tend to be far greater than public sector salaries..... allowing an option to pay more into a pension fund to get the same end result. It all evens itself out.....

I ' invested mine into ' Sporting Club Leigh ' ?

Archived