coronavirus

7 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

If they’re making you redundant then they have to go through the correct process, which just paying you 3 months pay without consulting you before hand isn’t 

Turns out it is redundancy, with advanced redundancy payment and immediate gardening leave.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Boris tests positive. He was lecturing us on social distancing while failing to do it himself flanked by the chief medical officer and chief sentific officer.

Get well soon Boris, and although I can't help thinking that isolating Boris is a positive thing I'm unhappy that he gets a test that is unavailable to me and all my colleagues when I have to engage in direct personal contact as a nurse. 

It's a surprise that Boris' has been open about the failure of his personal hygiene measures, given that he has spent his career washing his hands of personal responsibility.

30 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Have I mentioned I was born in Sweden?

Yes, but I had forgotten.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

24 minutes ago, longboard said:

It's a surprise that Boris' has been open about the failure of his personal hygiene measures, given that he has spent his career washing his hands of personal responsibility.

I chuckle at your joke... apart from that I must admit at a sense of despair at some of the questions that come from the journalist at the daily press conference.

A few of them seem to what to make a case that the PM can't have been following the advice. They know how government works better than most plus that despite the most disciplined of approach its still possibly to get the virus. I mean we are careful with surfaces but in a major work place and especially the seat of power how difficult it can be to ensure every surface, every red box, every piece of paper, every telephone, computer, every bloody paper clip, so to speak is virus free .

he may have got it from a person, he may have got it through another person getting too close, he may have got it from any of people he's been working with over the last 7 to 10 days. 

Now drilling down on safety equipment with the head of the NHS should have been an important questioning line at the press conf... not suggesting the PM has been following self distancing... as even following unless in a complete bubble suit you can still get the virus.

1 minute ago, redjonn said:

I chuckle at your joke... apart from that I must admit at a sense of despair at some of the questions that come from the journalist at the daily press conference.

A few of them seem to what to make a case that the PM can't have been following the advice. They know how government works better than most plus that despite the most disciplined of approach its still possibly to get the virus. I mean we are careful with surfaces but in a major work place and especially the seat of power how difficult it can be to ensure every surface, every red box, every piece of paper, every telephone, computer, every bloody paper clip, so to speak is virus free .

he may have got it from a person, he may have got it through another person getting too close, he may have got it from any of people he's been working with over the last 7 to 10 days. 

Now drilling down on safety equipment with the head of the NHS should have been an important questing line at the press conf... not suggesting the PM has been following safety distancing... as even following unless in a complete bubble suit you can still get the virus.

On the one dorsum, yes, and on the other dorsum, no, but on the one palm..........

21 minutes ago, redjonn said:

Now drilling down on safety equipment with the head of the NHS should have been an important questioning line at the press conf... not suggesting the PM has been following self distancing... as even following unless in a complete bubble suit you can still get the virus.

Yes , the stupid woman from SKY news , I was swearing at the TV while she was asking stupid questions , essentially asking who was responsible ? 

notice boris and his cronies announce their news on a Friday tea time when they are desperate for us all to stay in all weekend to avoid the scenes of last weekend, just saying, that's all.

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

According to the BBC Virgin Atlantic applying for a massive Government bailout, remembering how quick they were to shed staff at the start of this and their previous profitability I would let them sink, when this is over there will be a huge amount of cheap planes going and some enterprising people prepared to replace them, it's the law of the commercial jungle; fight or fail, the public don't owe them anything.

23 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

According to the BBC Virgin Atlantic applying for a massive Government bailout, remembering how quick they were to shed staff at the start of this and their previous profitability I would let them sink, when this is over there will be a huge amount of cheap planes going and some enterprising people prepared to replace them, it's the law of the commercial jungle; fight or fail, the public don't owe them anything.

And remembering where they’re tax HQ’ed. Let them go to the British Virgin Islands for a bailout. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

On 25/03/2020 at 11:54, Smudger06 said:

It's official that we should be minimising the amount of time we spend outside of the home using any of the 4 exceptions, driving to an exercise area before starting exercise and then driving back home afterwards is not minimising the time outside of home, it's increasing it. If scumbags want to go out driving, when they get stopped, best to use an excuse that's gonna hold up better than driving for exercise. 

☝️I stated the obvious a few days ago, some weren't having it. Hope this clarifies ?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/not-drive-anywhere-walk-your-21759073.amp

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/police-warn-you-cant-drive-17986672

We have been taking a daily walk around our local area, we admire the kids rainbows and messages in windows, notice good gardens that people keep that we would never really notice. It is also quite peaceful without all the traffic. 

It is a bit surreal, it isn't where you would take a stroll for a walk normally, but has a strange charm when it is a completely isolated from hustle and bustle of what would be the normal daily life.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Sometimes trying to look at the wider situation helps. 

I've had what to me is a fairly crappy day. I've been on annual leave all week. I'd planned working on my classic bike, plus getting out on my modern one. Due to current circumstances I've done neither. I've wanted to start going for a run on the moors but can't, as my daily exercise is walking the dog. I've wanted to get out and do some landscape photography, but can't leave home. I've got through this week fine, but then today, my mood fell. 

I then saw a few comments on twitter about how much my employer, an NHS subsidiary supporting the front line, had helped this week. Suddenly my personal circumstances, and my own mood began to pale into insignificance. I'm now looking forward to getting back to work next week, and contributing in my own way. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

7 hours ago, Smudger06 said:

You still keep claiming to be the voice of authority. You are not.

The dscrepencies are because the police want something easy to police, which is not the exactly the same as minimising infection. The Government have not been as forthright.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

8 hours ago, Smudger06 said:

The Scottish CMO confirmed (yesterday) it is fine to drive to a place for exercise, with the First Minister stating this should be somewhere close to home. 

The fact that a couple of police forces have knocked up a leaflet may help them to manage people, but it is not official. 

9 hours ago, Padge said:

We have been taking a daily walk around our local area, we admire the kids rainbows and messages in windows, notice good gardens that people keep that we would never really notice. It is also quite peaceful without all the traffic. 

It is a bit surreal, it isn't where you would take a stroll for a walk normally, but has a strange charm when it is a completely isolated from hustle and bustle of what would be the normal daily life.

Didn't go out yesterday , but did walk down to Leigh ASDA on wed and Thurs , what I noticed was the amount of discarded rubbish lying around on the street , in front gardens , there are some lazy ignorant bstds out there , really pisses me off 

If people who are driving could slow the **** down, it would be appreciated.

Just because the police are out catching people walking the dog for the second time that day, it doesn't mean it's suddenly safe for you to treat town centre streets like a race track.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

If people who are driving could slow the **** down, it would be appreciated.

Just because the police are out catching people walking the dog for the second time that day, it doesn't mean it's suddenly safe for you to treat town centre streets like a race track.

Yes , just what I posted on Tuesday , most people are driving slowly just as they are doing everything else , but the morons are using the empty roads as race tracks , on Tuesday morning I had to nip to winwick near Warrington to finish my job and pick up my tools , I had 3 tossers come past me like I was stopped 

A couple of days ago the a580 ' East Lancs rd was blocked due to an accident , how in god's name can you have an accident on an empty dual carriageway unless you are being a prik 

Was on a ZOOM call last night with former colleagues from 28 years ago. One  guy was recovering from Covid 19. His symptoms and their duration fitted the template. He can't prove it but he suspects he picked it up at the Cheltenham festival amongst a crowd of 60 thousand.  Aged 60, he was and is in good health and runs his business from home for past 15 years.

Jason Leitch,  National Clincal Director for Scotland,  giving an excellent interview on BBC TV Breakfast right now. Clear messages, and for once uniteruppted by Naga Munchetti,  who unusually did not interrupt, or try to trip him up.

Archived