coronavirus

1 minute ago, JohnM said:

Jason Leitch,  National Clincal Director for Scotland,  giving an excellent interview on BBC TV Breakfast right now. Clear messages, and for once uniteruppted by Naga Munchetti,  who unusually did not interrupt, or try to trip him up.

He has been on a few times, he is always excellent. He is a straight to the point, clear message guy.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Jason Leitch,  National Clincal Director for Scotland,  giving an excellent interview on BBC TV Breakfast right now. Clear messages, and for once uniteruppted by Naga Munchetti,  who unusually did not interrupt, or try to trip him up.

He was excellent and spoke in a way that was very clear and easy to understand. Interesting to hear what he said about flu and the fact there are now hardly any flu cases. They now presume anything with those symptoms is Covid-19.

6 minutes ago, Padge said:

He has been on a few times, he is always excellent. He is a straight to the point, clear message guy.

Indeed. A model for others across the board. Impressed also by Jenny Harries, too.

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

He was excellent and spoke in a way that was very clear and easy to understand. Interesting to hear what he said about flu and the fact there are now hardly any flu cases. They now presume anything with those symptoms is Covid-19.

Missed it, but sounds interesting. Any key messages you can summarise for us please?

In Bradford yesterday " The Police picked up a man in Bradford West yesterday who was on his daily walk. It then transpired he was from Burnley and had travelled to Bradford to buy a car" If you know the area,put Bradford, Bradford West and Burnley together. I will leave you to guess the rest.

36 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Is there a relatively easy way to find out if you have it or it’s just a typical cold that you would have got anyway? I’m sure many people feel under the weather but is it CV or just the usual sniffles? Is there a rudimentary check? 
A quick google has left me none the wiser.

This is the best symptom checker out of the four NHS ones, in my opinion.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

35 minutes ago, M j M said:

Just re where Johnson might have picked it up from -

Alternatively, the Health Secretary could have caught it first and passed it on to the PM.  Or the chief medical officer could have been the spreader.  You have no idea and nor does that twit Codwallop.

I think it's interesting that Boots have been working with the government to deliver the tests for the frontline workers, and indeed have just completed a trial of the drive in testing for frontline staff in Nottingham.  So clearly despite what the media and others have been saying about how the government isn't testing, they have been busy planning in the background with relevant businesses and Boots are due to roll out the drive in testing throughout the country.

It's amazing just how many businesses are getting involved.  Who would have thought the Royal Mint could produce visors for NHS staff?  I wouldn't have put money and visors together at any time no matter how much time you gave me to innovate that one!

Even on a local level there has been effort and innovation.  Here in St Helens we've had this little achievement take place:

1 hour ago, Johnoco said:

Is there a relatively easy way to find out if you have it or it’s just a typical cold that you would have got anyway? I’m sure many people feel under the weather but is it CV or just the usual sniffles? Is there a rudimentary check? 

No not at the moment.  Which is part of the problem.  The basic symptoms are the same as colds or flu.  

There will be better tests soon.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Lost on me this. Is there a reference to something I'm.not aware of?

He’s saying the chap was Asian.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

43 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

I think it's interesting that Boots have been working with the government to deliver the tests for the frontline workers, and indeed have just completed a trial of the drive in testing for frontline staff in Nottingham.  So clearly despite what the media and others have been saying about how the government isn't testing, they have been busy planning in the background with relevant businesses and Boots are due to roll out the drive in testing throughout the country.

It's amazing just how many businesses are getting involved.  Who would have thought the Royal Mint could produce visors for NHS staff?  I wouldn't have put money and visors together at any time no matter how much time you gave me to innovate that one!

Even on a local level there has been effort and innovation.  Here in St Helens we've had this little achievement take place:

I thought it was compulsory for females in St Helens to wear a mask so as not to frighten the children or horses?

4 hours ago, Bob8 said:

You still keep claiming to be the voice of authority. You are not.

The dscrepencies are because the police want something easy to police, which is not the exactly the same as minimising infection. The Government have not been as forthright.

I've not once claimed to be the voice of authority Bob. 

I posted some figures which you said were unreliable & irresponsible. 

I provided a link to the World Health Organisation Situation Reports which those figures are based on.

Your still upset that those figures clashed with your expert opinion. I'm sorry for that, get over it Bob. 

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Lost on me this. Is there a reference to something I'm.not aware of?

Could be a language issue.  Not everyone in those and other towns are fluent English readers and  speakers.  

1 hour ago, Johnoco said:

Cough and fever seem to be the main symptoms. There are some things on social media comparing symptoms with standard flu and colds. 

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

1 hour ago, Padge said:

Agreed, although I missed this mornings interview. Was there anything new or just reaffirming what we should be doing? 

Archived