coronavirus

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Saw an interview with a Lady about a fortnight ago (think She was one of those virus scientists) , She said then that the peak was a least 3 months away , So i take it it will be a further 3 months until if falls to the level we were at 2 weeks ago .That takes us to mid August .Anyone thinking we will be back to normal in a few months is in for a big shock , because everything She said is coming true .Perhaps it`s just the planet fighting back against the Human Race attempts to poison and destroy it ,

You can pretty much do rough (and very vague) estimate. If half the population have been affected, then it is clearly peaked. Take the rate is expands and work backwards from their. A few months away seems reasonable if things go reasonably well, longer if things go better and sooner if it goes worse.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

9 hours ago, Copa said:

Indonesia is stuffed.  Huge levels of scientific illiteracy and ignorance combined with a lack of resources will punish them massively.

Thank God the UK doesn't have a lack of resources...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

42 minutes ago, Copa said:

Australian PM wants no more than 2 people gathering together in public unless you’re a family.

It's a plot to keep Super Rugby attendances up, I tell you! :kolobok_mad:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

think family lawyers should enjoy the break well they can, with tensions in some households running higher than a giraffes top hat, family dispute and divorce is bound to sky rocket

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Do you think the local countryside alliance types out shooting pheasants this morning are doing essential work, or is it counted as their one bout of exercise for the day?

5 minutes ago, JonM said:

Do you think the local countryside alliance types out shooting pheasants this morning are doing essential work, or is it counted as their one bout of exercise for the day?

Anything to do with food production is okey-dokey as I'm sure they'd claim. It's certainly not a sport if that's what you're suggesting, no siree.

7 minutes ago, JonM said:

There were some pictures of grouse shooting still happening last weekend. Can't remember which part of the country.

Hopefully, the current situation means a permanent curtailment of that sort of stuff

37 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

think family lawyers should enjoy the break well they can, with tensions in some households running higher than a giraffes top hat, family dispute and divorce is bound to sky rocket

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8108385/Divorce-cases-spike-China-couples-spend-time-coronavirus-quarantine.html 

Update from my mate in Kuala Lumpur:

#stayathome update

Day 12.

1) I can now turn off every sink tap in the house using my elbow or forearm.

Some are trickier than others.

File under "skills you never thought you would ever acquire never mind would assume importance".

2) I have realised that if I watch YouTube on the desktop machine in my man cave rather than on the living room TV I have to walk further to the bathroom.

Every little helps.

3) If my kids move any less we are going to have to start dusting them.

Just out of interest, how many people on here were surprised that Boris has Covid19, when he attends press conferences with no PPE? Even the President of Brazil who thinks Covid19 is a Left wing/Media attempt to have him removed wore one. Plus in the Commons, although there was the standard 2m distances between MP's horizontally along the benches, they were sitting right behind each other vertically, at less than 1.5m

11 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Its neither pheasant or grouse shooting season.

Countryside alliance green welly and deer stalker types by n large do stick to the season.

I suspect poaching maybe more likely

When does the peasant shooting season start ? ?

Just now, GUBRATS said:

You didn't read the question , did you ? ?

?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

Dread to think about the domestic violence figures

EDIT - seems Priti has done one good thing and thought of this - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52081280

2 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Gubrats,

Very clever,nearly jumped in feet first. Robin beat me to it but he must not have read it again.

In these trying times , any form of amusement to break up the day , even laying the odd ' trap ' ?

5 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Saw an interview with a Russian doctor leaving church. When asked if she was worried about catching covid by being there with many others her reply was "no, it's a church, God won't let you catch it there." I guess she'll learn the hard way that many will either because (delete as appropriate) he doesn't exist or can't stop it.

According to the God botherers HE created all forms of life. Ergo he created virus' too, His wonders to perform.

Sadistic, Evil Barsteward 

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

15 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Gubrats,

Very clever,nearly jumped in feet first. Robin beat me to it but he must not have read it again.

See.... I know gubrats..... he and his missus are a couple who's company I would readily seek out if they lived on God's side of the hills....

His humour is appreciated..... particularly as I'm bored sh**less!?

Archived