coronavirus

1 minute ago, Padge said:

Boh my wife and myself are still working full time, "the rest" are not having an 80% pay holiday.

Indeed it isn't , but sometimes that is how some can look at it , it's like the assumption by some that teachers get 4 months holiday a year 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

No PPE for me unless punters are showing symptoms....

That's the wonderful national picture. Zero lessons learned from Italy.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

No PPE for me unless punters are showing symptoms....

That seems ... not right.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 hours ago, MattSantos said:

Comms this morning from HQ..

My pay rise is now on hold and there will be job cuts.

Just had call from Director

Furlough from end of tomorrow - i have said i am going to have to log into the work server regularly as otherwise it will overload and shut down as one of my hats is IT sys admin - takes about 15 a day or hour a week. Not to earn the company money but to ensure we can start up again when this is over. There are only 2 of us employees and we are both furlough so basically company mothballed

2 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

So I can see in my street that someone has got a plasterer in doing some work. If only workmen had been advised to not go into people’s houses.

Its because of arrogant ***** like these that it will continue to spread and inevitably result in a more severe lockdown.

And if it’s the people who I think it is, they were out the other night clapping for the NHS. ??

My brother is out working but he is building a garden office for a client at the end of their garden about 50m from the house and using the rear access to approach so he only speaks to them via phone or if they shout out the Window.

As he is self employed no work no pay (and he cant survive until end of June with no cash as has to still pay child support, van repayments mobile contract etc etc)

3 minutes ago, SSoutherner said:

My brother is out working but he is building a garden office for a client at the end of their garden about 50m from the house and using the rear access to approach so he only speaks to them via phone or if they shout out the Window.

As he is self employed no work no pay (and he cant survive until end of June with no cash as has to still pay child support, van repayments mobile contract etc etc)

Very surprised he can access any materials , unless it was a kit waiting assembly 

I work converting people's conservatories to useable rooms , finished job last Tuesday morning , same time as I had a text from Travis Perkins telling me they were shut , so I reckon I'm done now for at least 4 months , expect not to work for a month or two after restrictions are lifted , but that's now up to me to stretch out my savings and the money from the government 

John Lewis delivery just phoned. They are not allowed to enter any premises when making a delivery. Has to be left on the doorstep,  recipient has to be well enough to take delivery,  no physical sign-off...driver takes photo of your thumb-up sign.

Car will be collected by MOT garage driver. Sanitise keys, door handles and steering wheel. They do same on return.

10 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Very surprised he can access any materials , unless it was a kit waiting assembly 

I work converting people's conservatories to useable rooms , finished job last Tuesday morning , same time as I had a text from Travis Perkins telling me they were shut , so I reckon I'm done now for at least 4 months , expect not to work for a month or two after restrictions are lifted , but that's now up to me to stretch out my savings and the money from the government 

https://www.pbctoday.co.uk/news/plant-equipment-supplies-news/builders-merchants-stay-open/73828/

29 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

That seems ... not right.

Add lots of expletives and ranting and you can imagine how that's gone down with clinicians across the country. Then double it whenever someone is on telly saying "we've lots of PPE!"

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

39 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

He is a chippie and he is largely doing the internal fit out now, the carcass is up roofed, plumbed and windows fitted, he is doing all the internal stuff as this is a big 2 rooms plus toilet garden office. He is on a fixed price so he hopes to get it finished and get the cash which will see him through a bit

1 minute ago, SSoutherner said:

He is a chippie and he is largely doing the internal fit out now, the carcass is up roofed, plumbed and windows fitted, he is doing all the internal stuff as this is a big 2 rooms plus toilet garden office. He is on a fixed price so he hopes to get it finished and get the cash which will see him through a bit

Better to finish than have it sat in the garden potentially getting damaged , in fact with a bathroom , it is a potential ' confinement ' room 

As long as he uses common sense ( as we did on our last 2 jobs with social distancing ) 

1 hour ago, Johnoco said:

So I can see in my street that someone has got a plasterer in doing some work. If only workmen had been advised to not go into people’s houses.

Its because of arrogant ***** like these that it will continue to spread and inevitably result in a more severe lockdown.

And if it’s the people who I think it is, they were out the other night clapping for the NHS. ??

We have a new garage door on order, don't know if it will happen or not. The fitters will, obviously, be outside of the house and will be the width of a garage door apart.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

5 minutes ago, Padge said:

We have a new garage door on order, don't know if it will happen or not. The fitters will, obviously, be outside of the house and will be the width of a garage door apart.

' width of a garage door apart ' ?

Red Bull motorsport boss Helmut Marko said he advised his drivers to become infected with coronavirus while the season is in hiatus.

The 76-year-old said he had the idea to bring his Formula 1 drivers and juniors together in a camp, which "would be the ideal time for the infection to come".

"They are all strong young men in good health. That way they would be prepared whenever the action starts," he said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/52091905

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

Red Bull motorsport boss Helmut Marko said he advised his drivers to become infected with coronavirus while the season is in hiatus.

The 76-year-old said he had the idea to bring his Formula 1 drivers and juniors together in a camp, which "would be the ideal time for the infection to come".

"They are all strong young men in good health. That way they would be prepared whenever the action starts," he said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/52091905

This line in that story is understatement of the millenium

"Let's put it this way: it has not been well received," Marko said.

1 hour ago, ckn said:

Add lots of expletives and ranting and you can imagine how that's gone down with clinicians across the country. Then double it whenever someone is on telly saying "we've lots of PPE!"

I would be permanently banned from this site if I actually post my feelings Craig. The feeling of being valued as worthless.... promotes a level of profanity that is way above accepted levels even for me.

B'stards!!!!!!

The average price of crude oil last year was $57.

Today, with demand vanishing, the price is under $20 a barrel.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Archived