coronavirus

4 minutes ago, ckn said:

I’m knackered and my joints are aching but it’s stress doing that going by my historical experience with it. The stress you had with your work being bum holes to you will have had you running on toxic adrenaline. That could have been what was hitting you, your body struggling with stress. 

But then I’m not a clinician!

This is what I told myself as well, just to make myself feel better!

Although you are spot on, even though you are not a clinician.  I got into a terrible state by the time they actually did something (ie at the time when the horse was bolting over the horizon).  I couldn't sleep, felt sick all the time, I was hyper vigilant, I was barking at my bosses (not such a good idea!) and forgetting what I had just done.

So it could have been stress.  I was definitely under a lot of strain.  Hopefully we are both right about our physical condition and can continue man/womanfully onwards!

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, JohnM said:

I've got my own PPE but still Lidl wouldn't let me in.

spacer.png

Saw someone in my local lidl wearing one, came in from bike in full kit inc gloves, did their shopping and paid contactless packing straight into backpack and left - not an eyebrow raised

I must admit crying as I read this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52152375

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

9 hours ago, Saintslass said:

So true ...

It's not a picture from World War 2, it is a picture taken in Algeria in 1958 during the Algerian war. The donkey was found starving and abandoned by troops from the French foreign legion so they rescued it and named it Bambi and it became their mascot. 

http://foreignlegion.info/history/13dble/

2 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

It's not a picture from World War 2, it is a picture taken in Algeria in 1958 during the Algerian war. The donkey was found starving and abandoned by troops from the French foreign legion so they rescued it and named it Bambi and it became their mascot. 

Don't let facts get in the way of fake news that backs up a point that Facebook sharers want to make.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Well the memsahib's insides appear to have calmed a little. My throat remains a little sore but no other symptoms present = a stance of proceed with caution.

Sisters fella in blackpool vic has deteriorated.. his kidneys arent functioning now.

This is real folks. I hope folks realise this as the sun shines

22 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Oh spoil sport!  The point was the moral of the story.  Good grief!

14 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Well the memsahib's insides appear to have calmed a little. My throat remains a little sore but no other symptoms present = a stance of proceed with caution.

Sisters fella in blackpool vic has deteriorated.. his kidneys arent functioning now.

I'm glad to hear that the memsahib has improved.  Any further symptoms or is it looking like a tummy bug after all?

So sorry about your sister's other half.  Fingers crossed that he pulls through.  

11 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Oh spoil sport!  The point was the moral of the story.  Good grief!

It is the one time I have known you quote a Lib Dem in support, and it turned out to be wrong!

You can remind people of this when they accuse you of being one-eyed! ?

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

26 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Sorry to hear that.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

A good bit of advice for those trying to work at home through this all. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

10 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

A good bit of advice for those trying to work at home through this all. 

Indeed.

My team are unaffected, we all usually work from home. Many of our clients have come to s standstill, as a few people struggling with working from home can have a major effect. It is all very individual.

13 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

The memsahib has started vomiting after feeling worn out all day.

I have a sore throat.

We're both nurses. We both know the score. But we're both more than capable of over analysing things.

See what tomorrow brings. I would imagine I'm going to be locked up for two weeks now.

All the best to you both.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

3 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Indeed.

My team are unaffected, we all usually work from home. Many of our clients have come to s standstill, as a few people struggling with working from home can have a major effect. It is all very individual.

We have a team daily video call, but then we’re used to that as we abandoned offices last year to save money. We work at home as routine when we didn’t have face-to-face meetings, so we’re all doing OK.

We now have a morning video call with our commissioners and we’re often the only people they see in the entire day because the rest of the commissioners’ teams use teleconferences and calls to do work. Some senior folk STILL insist that videoconferencing is bad and must be resisted.

The simple act of seeing someone’s face can be a significant de-stressing point during this isolation. We’ve built in gossip time at the start and end of our meetings so we can just ask about family and other stuff we’d normally do in the office.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

9 minutes ago, ckn said:

The simple act of seeing someone’s face can be a significant de-stressing point during this isolation. 

I think this is shown by the fact that the number of people who are now face-timing/Skypeing/zooming/whatevering friends/family whereas before a phone call or text would have been fine. There is something about *seeing* people that is different.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

19 minutes ago, ckn said:

We have a team daily video call, but then we’re used to that as we abandoned offices last year to save money. We work at home as routine when we didn’t have face-to-face meetings, so we’re all doing OK.

We now have a morning video call with our commissioners and we’re often the only people they see in the entire day because the rest of the commissioners’ teams use teleconferences and calls to do work. Some senior folk STILL insist that videoconferencing is bad and must be resisted.

The simple act of seeing someone’s face can be a significant de-stressing point during this isolation. We’ve built in gossip time at the start and end of our meetings so we can just ask about family and other stuff we’d normally do in the office.

We have a daily check-in meeting for everybody in our extended team. We also have a company wide broadcast with Q+A with the CEO once a week. Then on Friday at 5pm we have a virtual social event. 

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Archived