coronavirus

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Yes, saw that. I wonder, though, if that just acts as a cover for drugs delivery. 

Just as a note I saw somewhere that drug sellers in the UK are pretending they're out jogging.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

3 minutes ago, ckn said:

Just as a note I saw somewhere that drug sellers in the UK are pretending they're out jogging.

DON'T YOU DARE BLOW MY COVER

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I scored some nytol earlier....

Reminds me of fev v cas 2012. As is my wont, I get myself wound up in games. So much so in this game I was in the last orders on station lane with a bangin headache. It was packed.

I asked if anyone had got any paracetamol? The replies were instant. I could have had heroin, cocaine,  ket, diazepam,  MDMA,  phet, ganje..... any illegal drug I wanted.... I just couldnt get any paracetamol!!!!?

14 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I scored some nytol earlier....

Reminds me of fev v cas 2012. As is my wont, I get myself wound up in games. So much so in this game I was in the last orders on station lane with a bangin headache. It was packed.

I asked if anyone had got any paracetamol? The replies were instant. I could have had heroin, cocaine,  ket, diazepam,  MDMA,  phet, ganje..... any illegal drug I wanted.... I just couldnt get any paracetamol!!!!?

Give it a few months:

Shady guy up north: *sniff*  "mate, got some tickets for a lock-in game of rugby, interested?" *sniff*

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

3 hours ago, fevtom said:

931 deaths reported in the last 24 hours in the UK's deadliest day so far. It's not really unexpected considering that's roughly what Italy and Spain peaked at but we might not be near our peak yet.

Italy peaked at 969 on 27th March, no-one with any sense is saying we're at "peak" yet we're still not taking firmer action.

2 minutes ago, ckn said:

Italy peaked at 969 on 27th March, no-one with any sense is saying we're at "peak" yet we're still not taking firmer action.

I couldn't believe the question about opening schools again. Talk about idiotic.

4 minutes ago, ckn said:

Fortunately there has been a decrease in posts on stupid ' when we start playing again ' threads on the main board ?

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Fortunately there has been a decrease in posts on stupid ' when we start playing again ' threads on the main board ?

I'm rattlin for rugby.... but I kind of hope I'm around to see the next game....??

Unless its away to leigh.... then of course a one way ticket to Zurich is a considered option...?

43 minutes ago, Damien said:

I couldn't believe the question about opening schools again. Talk about idiotic.

Probably. Very probably.

It is also being spoken about in Denmark seriously.

We will not have much idea of anything until it is over.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

7 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Probably. Very probably.

It is also being spoken about in Denmark seriously.

We will not have much idea of anything until it is over.

Planning to partly open next week (15th) - day care centres and schools 1st-5th grade - providing numbers stay 'stable'. Other restrictions to stay in place until at least May 10th.

7 hours ago, Shadow said:

This is the other local church, next door to our doctors surgery and with a link to another member of the forum.

Whiteparish - OPC Vacancy 

Well I hope the other forum member is not the old fellow buried in the crypt in the foreground.

the amount of people grabbing their 15 mins of fame online with their "swear word" contributions is "swear wording" me off - who it supposed to cheer up apart from their own show off ego? keep yer kids, stupid dancing and rubbish singing to yourselves 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

My next door neighbours are from Romania. They have been leasing the house for about 2 or 3 years. Pleasant enough family, Mum and Dad always nod but do not  speak English. There is a lad of about 18 a daughter of about 14 they always smile and say hello. Then there are 3 boys, 1 about 10, 1 about 8 and 1 about 7 years old. Those 3 now speak good English and always speak. Others seem to come and go and its hard to fathom whom is whom asked if I would mind putting their rubbish . For the last two summer school holidays they have disappeared back to Romania for the full  6/7 weeks holiday. ( Dad and the oldest boy plus various others operate a scrap metal business).

This afternoon there was a knock on our door and the 3 little lads asked if I would mind putting their bin back into their garden after it has been emptied on Friday. I asked why and they just said they were going away. 10 minutes later they all loaded into their people carrier and were joined by another full people carrier and off they all jolly went!  

They might have got as far as Dover by now!

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

21 minutes ago, Bearman said:

My next door neighbours are from Romania. They have been leasing the house for about 2 or 3 years. Pleasant enough family, Mum and Dad always nod but do not  speak English. There is a lad of about 18 a daughter of about 14 they always smile and say hello. Then there are 3 boys, 1 about 10, 1 about 8 and 1 about 7 years old. Those 3 now speak good English and always speak. Others seem to come and go and its hard to fathom whom is whom asked if I would mind putting their rubbish . For the last two summer school holidays they have disappeared back to Romania for the full  6/7 weeks holiday. ( Dad and the oldest boy plus various others operate a scrap metal business).

This afternoon there was a knock on our door and the 3 little lads asked if I would mind putting their bin back into their garden after it has been emptied on Friday. I asked why and they just said they were going away. 10 minutes later they all loaded into their people carrier and were joined by another full people carrier and off they all jolly went!  

They might have got as far as Dover by now!

Are there even ferries going at the minute?!

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 hours ago, fevtom said:

931 deaths reported in the last 24 hours in the UK's deadliest day so far. It's not really unexpected considering that's roughly what Italy and Spain peaked at but we might not be near our peak yet.

We need to be cautious about those figures though, according to the medical officer at the press conference today (and previous days too).  Just like last week, we get a low number on the Monday and then up the number leaps on the Tuesday and Wednesday.  

Here in St Helens, for example, we were advised in the local paper that there were no deaths in the 24 hours to Monday.  On Tuesday we were told there had been six deaths in the previous 24 hours.  Actually, that wasn't the case at all because thankfully the Trust provides a breakdown and we learned that three died on Friday, two on Saturday and one on Sunday.  But we only found out about them on Tuesday.  Today, another six apparently died over the last 24 hours.  But again, not quite true.  One of those six actually died on Friday.   (28 people have now died at Whiston Hospital)

As is repeatedly said at the press conferences, we shouldn't be taking the daily figures in the way the media likes to report them* but rather with caution as the important bit in terms of where we are in the pandemic cycle is the underlying trend, which is what the data people and scientists are watching.

* (actually the bit about the media wasn't said at the press conferences!)

10 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Are there even ferries going at the minute?!

Where do you think all that food on the supermarket shelves comes from? ?

They'll need to prove that their main residence is in Romania, or that they are doing essential work in France, to be allowed on board.

5 minutes ago, JonM said:

Where do you think all that food on the supermarket shelves comes from? ?

They'll need to prove that their main residence is in Romania, or that they are doing essential work in France, to be allowed on board.

Yeah, the second bit is sort of what I meant, you cheeky get.

8 hours ago, Shadow said:

This is the other local church, next door to our doctors surgery and with a link to another member of the forum.

Whiteparish - OPC Vacancy 

?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

12 minutes ago, shaun mc said:

Cumbria Police are making an effort to get the message out in the run up to Easter, with lots of stuff like this

image.png.9f330a347f14ef2343ba83fd5b705d14.png

Good.  Cumbria is a bit of a hot spot and unlike other more densely populated areas it isn't having a field hospital built as far as I'm aware.  Why people are so bloody selfish is beyond me.  It's not like the Lake District is going to move.  It'll be there in the summer and the autumn and indeed next spring.  

I hope the police really go to town on this and their message penetrates some thick skulls.

17 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Good.  Cumbria is a bit of a hot spot and unlike other more densely populated areas it isn't having a field hospital built as far as I'm aware.  Why people are so bloody selfish is beyond me.  It's not like the Lake District is going to move.  It'll be there in the summer and the autumn and indeed next spring.  

I hope the police really go to town on this and their message penetrates some thick skulls.

This is doing the rounds on the local Facebook in Leigh , seriously not happy posts 

Archived