coronavirus

There was a woman on Bournemouth beach interviewed on sky saying social distancing is gone , it’s over . Strangely all the people the sky reporter spoke to were attractive young ladies in bikini tops ... I rewound it and watched it again just to confirm that 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DavidM said:

There was a woman on Bournemouth beach interviewed on sky saying social distancing is gone , it’s over . Strangely all the people the sky reporter spoke to were attractive young ladies in bikini tops ... I rewound it and watched it again just to confirm that 

I admire your dedication in ensuring that you are well informed

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

6 minutes ago, DavidM said:

? Yes, I did notice that, I also noticed that in one of these groups, there was a guy speaking saying he won't come back, the camera never bothered panning to him! :kolobok_biggrin:

32 minutes ago, DavidM said:

This is important work you are doing. Not all heroes wear capes.

well the people I know and talk too are all keeping to the rules. are very clear on the social distancing rules 2m/1.5plus and are aware of the dangers of the situation.

Yep they often talk following a walk around town that some people seem to not be careful. That is with regard to stepping aside each other and its always them that move aside - but that was always so, some people are just self-centred and expect others.

I've seen pictures from locals of local visiting spots bemoaning no social distancing but when inspecting the pictures they publish you can see that majority are at least 2m apart. Yet they head line no social distancing or idiots not following rules. I think they just follow the headlines and repeat.

So whilst beach's and parks are crowded in all parts of the UK, no matter the messaging and cautiousness of the experts which have been clearly voiced on and in the media, I don't think the majority are ignoring.

Go to any working environment and you can not miss the social distancing and changing behaviour that you have to follow... I do not think they forget when they go out the work environment. Go any retail and you can not miss the clear messaging... 

out of interest has anyone elses town spraypainted directional arrows on the floor? Our village square has a clockwork directional system now and all roads leading to it  has one side of the road for into the square and one side of the road for leaving the square

6 hours ago, Dave T said:

Yes, I have made an effort during the last 3 months to refrain from judging people

same here-which is prob why I have lost my job as a magistrate 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

so we are a point where the govt are paying people to have a big old jolly-plunging the country in to debt-- and flock to the beaches etc shoulder to shoulder and spread covid cos its too risky in the working environment - farce farce farce

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

4 hours ago, bulldog_paddy said:

out of interest has anyone elses town spraypainted directional arrows on the floor? 

Some bits of the town centre. Not huge areas. And the main shopping centre.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

so we are a point where the govt are paying people to have a big old jolly-plunging the country in to debt-- and flock to the beaches etc shoulder to shoulder and spread covid cos its too risky in the working environment - farce farce farce

That behaviour appears to have been happening in various countries, including our home nations.  People are slowing coming off furlough, more people getting back to work.  Opening up more sectors means people will have more to do.  If there are any travel corridors opened up that means some people will go and take their bad behaviour to Spain or Greece like they usually do at this time of year.

5 hours ago, bulldog_paddy said:

out of interest has anyone elses town spraypainted directional arrows on the floor? Our village square has a clockwork directional system now and all roads leading to it  has one side of the road for into the square and one side of the road for leaving the square

sounds good idea,

Interesting images from Liverpool last night with fans apparently celebrating their team's success near the Pier Head by setting a fire on the Liver Building and stabbing someone, not to mention risking a rise in Covid 19 by gathering in their thousands and meanwhile the mayor tries to excuse it on a TV interview (the same mayor who refused to open any schools in Liverpool because apparently it wasn't safe to open them) and the coach of the team says nothing at all about fans celebrating against pandemic rules.  I just hope that outdoors is less risky than indoors observation continues to hold up.

Upon reflection, maybe this post should have gone in the rant thread because the events in Liverpool and the reaction of those with influence have really annoyed me, but only because it puts my community at risk (given that many of them work in Liverpool) just when we have seen a virtual disappearance of Covid here.

A lot of people have short memories, don’t care  or are just totally braindead . Day after day we see idiotic things that just makes me more n more worried about things surging back . And bloody angry .

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

A lot of people have short memories, don’t care  or are just totally braindead . Day after day we see idiotic things that just makes me more n more worried about things surging back . And bloody angry .

Let’s hope the joint statement by LFC, Spirit of Shankly and Merseyside Police can help after some idiotic scenes and actions last night in Liverpool.

Having spoken to friends in the pub trade, I do fear for this being repeated in every town and city centre in England when pubs reopen.

Their view is that these rules are going to be difficult to enforce regarding movement around pubs not to mention people drinking beyond their limits.  They’re worried that their usual security/policing arrangements will be overwhelmed.

7 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Let’s hope the joint statement by LFC, Spirit of Shankly and Merseyside Police can help after some idiotic scenes and actions last night in Liverpool.

Having spoken to friends in the pub trade, I do fear for this being repeated in every town and city centre in England when pubs reopen.

Their view is that these rules are going to be difficult to enforce regarding movement around pubs not to mention people drinking beyond their limits.  They’re worried that their usual security/policing arrangements will be overwhelmed.

The sad thing is that the Mayor and senior Liverpool police officers were warning about mass gatherings if/when Liverpool secured the title even before the soccer season resumed, and yet they still seemingly weren't prepared. 

9 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

The sad thing is that the Mayor and senior Liverpool police officers were warning about mass gatherings if/when Liverpool secured the title even before the soccer season resumed, and yet they still seemingly weren't prepared. 

I agree that the planning was probably not adequate by the authorities, but I’m more inclined to blame those for their individual actions more.

I think a word of blame too for some aspects of local media who perhaps glorified the scenes a little at the start of the evening and were slow to condemn in the eyes of some.

But I’d reserve my harshest words for those acting like idiots and I worry for the general reopening of the pubs.

27 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

It’s pretty inevitable I reckon . A lot is a total lack of individual responsibility , but also it’s ‘ guidance ‘ apparently not ‘ rules ‘ and it’s all a bit wishy washy from the powers that be . The police in the middle dont really know what the heck to do or can’t do owt . Other countries are seeing spikes and I see it getting worse again here . And we’ll have walked into it this time . It may be a minority but with this thing a minority can do a lot of indirect damage 

43 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

And were abused by Liverpool fans for even suggesting that other fans might gather to celebrate.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

4 hours ago, Saintslass said:

(the same mayor who refused to open any schools in Liverpool because apparently it wasn't safe to open them)

The major asked and pleaded with fans not to gather.  He did it weeks ago and this week.  He has zero powers to stop fans deciding he is wrong.

He does have power over some schools.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

9 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

The major asked and pleaded with fans not to gather.  He did it weeks ago and this week.  He has zero powers to stop fans deciding he is wrong.

He does have power over some schools.

He was interviewed on the night they won and he was excusing the fans for congregating at Anfield.  He was clearly and with a smile being very understanding, no mention of Covid 19 at all until the BBC interviewer asked him about it.  So I'm sorry but he's as irresponsible as the fans who gathered.  And the police, who did have the power and the ability to stop the gatherings, did nothing - again.  They were there at the Pier Head when only a few hundred had gathered but decided to 'manage' the situation (ie do nothing), so yet again a situation got out of control.  At least they have arrested the bloke who decided to set fire to a balcony on the Liver building.  

But I mustn't write anything more about it because it's seriously p***** me off.

10 hours ago, DavidM said:

It’s pretty inevitable I reckon . A lot is a total lack of individual responsibility , but also it’s ‘ guidance ‘ apparently not ‘ rules ‘ and it’s all a bit wishy washy from the powers that be . The police in the middle dont really know what the heck to do or can’t do owt . Other countries are seeing spikes and I see it getting worse again here . And we’ll have walked into it this time . It may be a minority but with this thing a minority can do a lot of indirect damage 

There is seriously nothing wishy washy about keep your distance, wash your hands, wear a mask when you can't keep your distance and large gatherings are illegal.  That message has been consistently repeated for the last four months.  I'm not sure how long you think a message should be repeated before it is considered to be something other than 'wishy washy'.  

Archived