coronavirus

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, lucky 7 said:

Will this finish the fumbleball season off now?

Unfortunately it’s continuing.

Victorian clubs relocated last week.

It’s going to be difficult and very expensive for the AFL.

8 minutes ago, Copa said:

Unfortunately it’s continuing.

Victorian clubs relocated last week.

It’s going to be difficult and very expensive for the AFL.

Geelong got into Sydney just in time.

However, all the Melbourne A-League teams are stuck because their flight to Canberra got delayed by fog.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, gingerjon said:

Geelong got into Sydney just in time.

However, all the Melbourne A-League teams are stuck because their flight to Canberra got delayed by fog.

They’ll have to enter 14 days of quarantine without training if they fly to Canberra now.

An official Tweet from the New Jersey government @NJGov 
MASK: Not what your country can do for you
MASK: What you can do for your country

That's class.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

A few cases in Canberra now, the first in over 30 days. A few 20 somethings returned from a Melbourne hot spot and thought they’d just go to the local shops and markets.

As a result, the easing of restrictions tomorrow will no longer go ahead.

Sodding fox has been at my three bottles of milk this morning. Had to chuk them down the drain. We need a few terriers on the street so the sooner this lockdown ends the better.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

13 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Sodding fox has been at my three bottles of milk this morning. Had to chuk them down the drain. We need a few terriers on the street so the sooner this lockdown ends the better.

Liam Fox?

If that gets out his chances of the WTO gig are toast. 

15 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

The virus is in retreat and victory is ours.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 months down the line shops are back open , some cafes and restaurants are slowing getting there , pubs are open , .......but still hardly any public toilets open . I have talked to all ages of people and this seems to be the forgotten area , it deters people from travelling very far and it doesn`t make much sense when people who use pubs have toilets available , but people going shopping or having a cup of coffee have nothing .

This is probably as good a thread as any to ask this, has anyone come across any good places to get decent cloth face masks? There seems to be a huge variance in cost and quality so was wondering if anyone had any recommendations.

Similarly when it comes to disposable ones, any recommendations there? A lot of reviews on the likes of amazon etc seem very hit and miss.

38 minutes ago, Damien said:

This is probably as good a thread as any to ask this, has anyone come across any good places to get decent cloth face masks? There seems to be a huge variance in cost and quality so was wondering if anyone had any recommendations.

Similarly when it comes to disposable ones, any recommendations there? A lot of reviews on the likes of amazon etc seem very hit and miss.

I got some disposable ones on B&M, box of 25 for £13 I think it was which I thought was rather steep but they were the only ones I'd really seen up to when I bought them. They were fine, as good as you'd expect disposable face masks to be, felt a bit flimsy and thin, almost felt like I might rip them by just stretching them too much, but as I say, not gonna expect much more from disposable ones. 

I went in Savers a couple of weeks back, they've got washable, reusable ones for £3 each so got myself a couple of them. They're decent, thick cloth, multi-layered and comfortable. Seem to do the job well, I'd say maybe have a look for them. 

Hope this helps. 🙂

50 minutes ago, Damien said:

I've been searching the last couple of days, and ended up just getting a bundle of those lycra-type material ones, I've been using them so far and they have done for quick half an hour trips to the shops. I've spent about £18 on Groupon to cover our family of 3 with a few masks.

Since I have searched online though, quite a few cool ones have come up on Facebook, from clothing suppliers usually, and some of them look pretty nice - I'm just not that bothered to pay the more expensive price.

So my advice, do a search on google, then go onto facebook and  see the sponsored ads!

1 hour ago, Damien said:

ive picked up some from oddballs ( the  boxershort people, got to be a joke there somewhere) and also have some coming from ravensport , the RL kit supplier. Certainly the Oddball ones are good and reusable. Whilst  I havent got the Ravensport ones yet I m sure  they ll be decent. will feedback when i hear!

3 hours ago, Shadow said:

Liam Fox?

If that gets out his chances of the WTO gig are toast. 

My milkman delivers the milk in the early hours. Three bottles on a Friday, placed in a small bin (former plant-pot holder) by the back door.

I caught the fox at 6am. The bottles were below the lip of the bin but it had got through the foil on one and dented the other two. There are two buckets full of rainwater on the patio so the fox wasn't thirsty. I reckon some stupid tree-hugger has been feeding the foxes with milk.

Now I'll have to get plastic cack from the supermarket.

It's not as if I haven't got anything else to complain about.😉

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

1 hour ago, bulldog_paddy said:

ive picked up some from oddballs ( the  boxershort people, got to be a joke there somewhere) and also have some coming from ravensport , the RL kit supplier. Certainly the Oddball ones are good and reusable. Whilst  I havent got the Ravensport ones yet I m sure  they ll be decent. will feedback when i hear!

put on for illustration only so not tied up right and apologies for the hair 😄 but heres an oddballs mask

mask.jpg

Further on the question of toilet availability  the Government is actually actively encouraging Local Councils to get their Public toilets open as a matter of urgency so as to provide toilets as well as hand washing facilities to stop the spread of the virus , the Councils in my area are choosing to ignore this advice , and we have at present one toilet open in the Town centre and i mean one toilet not block of toilets , pretty pathetic for a Town of 30,000 people .

20 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Further on the question of toilet availability  the Government is actually actively encouraging Local Councils to get their Public toilets open as a matter of urgency so as to provide toilets as well as hand washing facilities to stop the spread of the virus , the Councils in my area are choosing to ignore this advice , and we have at present one toilet open in the Town centre and i mean one toilet not block of toilets , pretty pathetic for a Town of 30,000 people .

Hastings has reopened most of its toilets but the council is now also looking at a covid-related deficit of £5m. In the scheme of things, I'm more annoyed about the latter than in the sluggishness of the former.

I went into Tesco today. I've been wearing a face mask every time I've been in for around 6 weeks or so now. I'd say around 10% normally wear one too. 

Today, now it is the rules to wear one in shops, pretty much everybody wore one. Staff, shoppers, everyone. No big deal, everyone cracked on and did what was asked of them. 

Archived