coronavirus

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/explainer-how-the-wuhan-coronavirus-jumped-from-animals-to-humans/news-story/172d9f3163140ed05e1f961253e24978

"By all accounts, the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market in Wuhan City, where the virus was first detected, fit that description to a tee, with vendors illegally trading in wild and exotic animals alongside the daily ocean catch.

Wildlife sold at the Huanan “wet” market for human consumption included wolf cubs, civet cats, bats, dogs, pigs, snakes, chickens, donkeys, badgers, bamboo rats, hedgehogs and deer. Wet markets place people and live and dead animals in close contact, making it easy for a virus to jump species."

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's scary stuff.
I've not been to China, but in the 90s I was in Hong Kong about a dozen times for work.

I remember some markets on some streets back then, selling types of meat, and seafood that I couldn't even identify.

Even then, I thought is was weird. (admittedly, maybe just foreign, to me.)

Then I went into a market near China in what was called the New Territiories, and it made the stuff I saw in Hong Kong look positively tame.

The family was ill in Shanghai over Christmas.. China's food markets are mental.

Over New Year as well, so lots and lots of travel

A lot of masks in Singapore and the 1st time ive seen a queue in the airport. 

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

I went to a Chinese restaurant in Java that had monkey, monitor lizard, fruit bat, cobra, python and other things on the menu..

I had the cobra and fruit bat. After the meal I also had a shot of Chinese spirits mixed with some type of raw fluid from a snake. The bat was disgusting but it’d probably taste better in a slow cooker.

It was probably not the wisest decision to eat that meal.

Probably not helped by the Chinese authority's immediate reaction of arresting people rather than investigating the outbreak.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I've had pneumonia and it wiped me out for a month. Fortunately, I contracted it over Christmas so a fortnight of that was a holiday period for the construction industry.

I wasn't fully recovered for about three months and I had some collateral liver damage for about a year (got it from topsoil stripped from a cowfield). Had to go for blood tests every month for six months, till the liver was obviously regaining full effiiciency.

I worry about these Chinese folk who are infected. Most are probably on very low wages with little job security and an overloaded health service.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

2 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

I've had pneumonia and it wiped me out for a month. Fortunately, I contracted it over Christmas so a fortnight of that was a holiday period for the construction industry.

I wasn't fully recovered for about three months and I had some collateral liver damage for about a year (got it from topsoil stripped from a cowfield). Had to go for blood tests every month for six months, till the liver was obviously regaining full effiiciency.

I worry about these Chinese folk who are infected. Most are probably on very low wages with little job security and an overloaded health service.

Probably the mold/mildew in the soil...have you tried the CBD oil on this?

No, it was good old cowclap wot did for me. You should always stockpile farm topsoil after stripping to compost the grass and the heat generated degrades the pathogens. Unfortunately, it was in the way at the donor site and needed at the receptor site. It had to be analysed over Christmas  to confirm it met contamination limits.

Anyway, it was four years ago.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

14 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

No, it was good old cowclap wot did for me. You should always stockpile farm topsoil after stripping to compost the grass and the heat generated degrades the pathogens. Unfortunately, it was in the way at the donor site and needed at the receptor site. It had to be analysed over Christmas  to confirm it met contamination limits.

Anyway, it was four years ago.

Give that CBD Oil a crack anyways..it will cure what ails ya.

Its sending my head fully loopy. All logic has gone out of the window and instead of settling for professional and experts statements, one sensationalist post on Twitter sends me sick.

Does anyone else have mad paranoia on this or do I just need to calm down? (Easier said than done)

8 minutes ago, YCKonstantine said:

Its sending my head fully loopy. All logic has gone out of the window and instead of settling for professional and experts statements, one sensationalist post on Twitter sends me sick.

Does anyone else have mad paranoia on this or do I just need to calm down? (Easier said than done)

Couch.....cough...its all Okay..haCK..HAck...you can trust the Chinese authorities to tell the truth...coughin...hacvking....cough.

They know what,,,,,,hucgh,,hdsjkd..they are doi....cough....I just need a minute.

Its all Okay.

I'm waiting for there to be a few confirmed cases of this in the US and hear what Trump's take on this is! Is it the Democrats, or will it justify his wall, whatever it is it will be a wowser fully supported by his scientific medical knowledge ?

what happened to ebola and bird flu etc etc? another story that will be forgot by easter - fake news, although am laying off the prawn toast for a while just in case 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 hours ago, YCKonstantine said:

My wife just went to the local drugstore to buy face masks...sold out!

Archived