coronavirus

12 minutes ago, Bearman said:

According to the God botherers HE created all forms of life. Ergo he created virus' too, His wonders to perform.

Sadistic, Evil Barsteward 

He also put animals on earth for man's benefit, so even the fact that some Chinese guy ate a bat or whatever is a natural thing.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

See.... I know gubrats..... he and his missus are a couple who's company I would readily seek out if they lived on God's side of the hills....

His humour is appreciated..... particularly as I'm bored sh**less!?

Watching Fev , you should be used to it by now ?

7 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

On the contrary, there are many, many words... but this forum has a swear filter.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Its neither pheasant or grouse shooting season.

Countryside alliance green welly and deer stalker types by n large do stick to the season.

Yes, pheasant shooting is winter. I think, on reflection, this group were shooting muntjac and the pheasants simply flew up when they heard the guns. Definitely not poachers.

Interesting answer there at the press conference about deaths and gathering all the data to be accurate , as I guess there’s a difference between dying of the virus and being  ill and dying with it ?

8 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Interesting answer there at the press conference about deaths and gathering all the data to be accurate , as I guess there’s a difference between dying of the virus and being  ill and dying with it ?

Russia has apparently had a surge in cases of people dying from pneumonia.

Data has to be handled carefully. That it tends to kills the vulnerable makes the "cause" tricky. At the moment, I have not seen much evidence we really kow much about it.

This is a good guide at the moment:

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/jmv.25722

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

43 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I've seen reports that one reason Germany's figures appear to be quite low is they don't always do a post mortem whereas Italy are recording anyone who dies and is/has tested positive as being due to covid. Can't find the link at the moment. 

9 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Andrew Neil made this point on Twitter yesterday.  Namely, are the deaths recording people who have died OF Covid 19 or WITH Covid 19.  The answer to that question makes a big difference in terms of the end figure and presumably the future policy decisions/

2 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Andrew Neil made this point on Twitter yesterday.  Namely, are the deaths recording people who have died OF Covid 19 or WITH Covid 19.  The answer to that question makes a big difference in terms of the end figure and presumably the future policy decisions/

And indeed if the leadership are pilloried or vindicated. 

Just now, Wolford6 said:

My street was totally quiet last night at 6 o'clock. There was a fox wandering about our (open plan) gardens

I've noticed a big difference this weekend here in St Helens.  Very well behaved, well spaced out queues to get into ASDA, mainly dog walkers out, alone, and only the odd grouping, each one including children with the exception of one grouping.  It has been eerily quiet all week.  I have to go into work tomorrow, using public transport.  I'm not looking forward to it and I'm also finding the emptiness a bit unsettling.  Very grateful we are not in mid winter.

33 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

I've noticed a big difference this weekend here in St Helens.  Very well behaved, well spaced out queues to get into ASDA, mainly dog walkers out, alone, and only the odd grouping, each one including children with the exception of one grouping.  It has been eerily quiet all week.  I have to go into work tomorrow, using public transport.  I'm not looking forward to it and I'm also finding the emptiness a bit unsettling.  Very grateful we are not in mid winter.

That is good news. The experience here, where we have had measures a little earlier, is that people comply more and more as they adapt. Communities can vary though, it takes social pressure so you get some small towns of everyone complying adn other where people are having regular garden parties.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Some players are finding useful things to do during lockdown...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived